http://www.winnipegthrashers.com/

national%20champs.jpg

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
9th*

Id be perfectly happy with an 8th place finish :laugh:

Hmm I said we'd make the playoffs this year and bet with you O.O I remember it!

Also so it's cool for them to call our team the laughs and they get super riled up with the thrashers name?

Man history is biting our ass because well we haven't had the holy grail for a while and i mean a long while. However people are getting riled up what happened just a few years back? I was very happy that the city of Winnipeg got their hockey team back albeit it's not really the same franchise, as the original one is still in Phoenix. Still people are overlooking at that and just trying to bash us instead :laugh: Gotta have a thicker skin that that boys/girls. We won't even know you really, since you are going to the west and don't even belong in the east.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The only funny thing about the Jets forum is laughing at how much they hate the Leafs. You guys didn't even have a team 2 years ago, they should just hate the Thrasher's rivals ;)

But seriously, never got the Leafs hate from a lot of fan bases. They aren't even on our radar.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
The only funny thing about the Jets forum is laughing at how much they hate the Leafs. You guys didn't even have a team 2 years ago, they should just hate the Thrasher's rivals ;)

But seriously, never got the Leafs hate from a lot of fan bases. They aren't even on our radar.

I think they are trying to create their own rivalry for the sake of attention. Glad the Jets are back but they need to suck it up and face the music. The Leafs are the better team.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Meh.

The loyalty our fan base has over the country, over the continent is why we are hated. We have logical, and blind faith towards our team, hence we get so much hate. Some are warranted some aren't but in the end when we get this team back to where it is capable of, under the right GM, the cheers will drown out all the jeers.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Meh.

The loyalty our fan base has over the country, over the continent is why we are hated. We have logical, and blind faith towards our team, hence we get so much hate. Some are warranted some aren't but in the end when we get this team back to where it is capable of, under the right GM, the cheers will drown out all the jeers.

After all the trash talk we have had to endure, if this team becomes a true contender, we will be an insufferable bunch to be around if you are a fan of another club.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think they are trying to create their own rivalry for the sake of attention. Glad the Jets are back but they need to suck it up and face the music. The Leafs are the better team.

On the trade proposal thread a Jets fan said that Phaneuf would be their 4th best defenseman :biglaugh:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Couldn't agree more. It is now just childish nonsense to continue any references to the Thrashers.

As Canadians, we should be happy that Winnipeg has its Jets back. Now we need Quebec City to get the Nordiques back! Who cares if they move the Coyotes or one of the Florida teams!

This. How many of you guys still call Phoenix Coyotes as 'Winnipeg Jets'. Get over this kind of childish stuff already.

NHL recognises them as Winnipeg Jets and they have a better identity now, than they had as Atlanta Thrashers.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
This. How many of you guys still call Phoenix Coyotes as 'Winnipeg Jets'. Get over this kind of childish stuff already.

NHL recognises them as Winnipeg Jets and they have a better identity now, than they had as Atlanta Thrashers.

I still recognize them as Jets because their biggest piece is still captaining their team. Shane Doan and his undying loyalty.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
True , but if Boston wins the division then we must finish higher then 8th hahah. Guess 8th is still better then 9th

I wouldn't mind if we played Boston in the playoffs, as long as we're healthy. There was a time where the Sens would smack us up in the regular season as well, but things changed in the playoffs.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Phaneuf over Enstrom, Bogo and Byfuglien

The only one that can make a case is Enstrom, and IMO he's soft and small. If not for his dynamic offensive output, he would be an afterthought.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
After all the trash talk we have had to endure, if this team becomes a true contender, we will be an insufferable bunch to be around if you are a fan of another club.

Some of you will be. I see no need to act like an ass just because a team I happen to cheer for does well.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Some of you will be. I see no need to act like an ass just because a team I happen to cheer for does well.

You can't take the high ground on everything. I'm not advocating acting like an idiot when we finally regain respect but you and every other leaf fan will enjoy the day the jokes stop and writers are forced to suck up their pride and tip their hats to this franchise.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

I see no harm in having some fun after so many have had fun at our expense, no one is going to get hurt.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Enstrom is softer than butter

This. Enstrom has the offensive skills over Phaneuf, but the rest just doesn't measure up. Fatass Byfuglien will be an after thought in about 1 or 2 seasons. I'm a fan of Bogo but he's more like Schenn with a marginally better slapshot. Guy can be a warrior at times but is inconsistent as all hell. Phaneuf is more complete/ polished than any of these chumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad