Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Jets | TUE, 12 MAR 2013 | LEAFSTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Time to start separating ourselves from the pack.

Go :leafs Go

NOTE to Jets Fans!

There is going to be trashing and ribbing in this thread about the Jets and references to Thrashers et cetera.

This being the Leafs board remember it is in good fun and for discussion amongst Leafs' fans.

If you do not feel you will be comfortable in this environment it might be best not to enter.

If you see something that goes beyond my city / team / et cetera is bigger/better/smarter/prettier/... than your city / team /et cetera use the report post option.

Last edited by a moderator:

gustavsson50

Jul 19, 2010
Brampton
Jets r playing good lately. Reimer have to come back to his good form. I want leafs to put kessel kadri mac together for some shifts. They looked really good last night

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just have to find a way to win.

Need to get some points and stay ahead of these guys. Hoping for a big week from the team.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Yeah, need to finish these guys off. They actually have a poor home record which I find hilarious considering they played like a playoff team at home last year. Their record on the road is good though.

Should be able to beat them but nothing is set in stone.

I really hope Randy changes the D. He shifted the pairings last game which was good to see, but we need to swap personnel.

Holzer, either keep him on the bottom pairing or send him down. He's made way too many brain farts the last few games and has looked lost, often out of position.

Bring in Liles, or better yet, Gardiner, please.

12 GA in the last 3 games is unacceptable. Same with being outshot constantly and having no puck possession. A PMD will do wonders for that.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Franson some more time on the top pairing. We need to see what he's really made of and if he can be more than just a bottom pairing offensive guy.

ukrainianjet

Aug 10, 2012
Leafs fan from Winnipeg checking in, going to the game on Tuesday, proud to wear my jersey, cant wait, Go Leafs Go!
Can't take em lightly thats for sure, gotta take it to them!

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Leafs fan from Winnipeg checking in, going to the game on Tuesday, proud to wear my jersey, cant wait, Go Leafs Go!
Can't take em lightly thats for sure, gotta take it to them!

Since your out west, could you give us some quick scouting report on how the Jets have been lately?

Haven't been following the Jets lately to be honest..

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Obviously hoping for a win, but really want to see a much better defensive effort. We've been hemmed in our own zone far too much in recent games. We also need to generate more zone time in the offensive zone.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Obviously hoping for a win, but really want to see a much better defensive effort. We've been hemmed in our own zone far too much in recent games. We also need to generate more zone time in the offensive zone.

You and I both know a possible solution, but... yeah lol.

Faster breakouts/ability to skate definitely reduces defensive zone time.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
You and I both know a possible solution, but... yeah lol.

Faster breakouts/ability to skate definitely reduces defensive zone time.

Yup. The short-term and long term solution to what ails the Leafs is already in the organization, but for some reason we are going with lesser options. It's frustrating.

ukrainianjet

Aug 10, 2012
Since your out west, could you give us some quick scouting report on how the Jets have been lately?

Haven't been following the Jets lately to be honest..

For sure, Jets lost tonight to devils in OT but won three straight road games before that. Unlike last year, they are playing better on the road (8-5-2) than at home (4-6-0). Evander Kane playing well lately, had that long point streak, Pavelic has steped it up lately but he can give up 5-6 goals any time. Basically the jets are consistently inconsistent.

Really hard to tell, one day our local newspaper, the Winnipeg Free Press will print that they are doomed not to make the playoffs, a couple days later, they are all of a sudden a playoff and cup contender. So expect the unexpected, but getting first goal is key. If im not mistaken, all of the games dating back to last year between Jets and Leafs have been one goal games and fairly low scoring so expect a defensive game.

Looking forward to it as its my first NHL game of the year and also going to the Winter Classic next January 1st at Michigan Stadium. Go Leafs!

Asif16*

Oh man tuesday?? seems so far away. :(

Really getting excited about this season. Please get a win. If not...atleast get a another point.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
For sure, Jets lost tonight to devils in OT but won three straight road games before that. Unlike last year, they are playing better on the road (8-5-2) than at home (4-6-0). Evander Kane playing well lately, had that long point streak, Pavelic has steped it up lately but he can give up 5-6 goals any time. Basically the jets are consistently inconsistent.

<snip>

That made me lol :laugh:

Thanks for the info.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Jets are a crap team with fluke wins. As long as we screen Pavaturd and capitolize on our PP then Jets won't stand a chance. Kessel will enjoy this game. Also hope we bully these guys around both times. Outhit them and just bully them up and down the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad