Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Jets | TUE, 12 MAR 2013 | LEAFSTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Enstrom easily

Enstrom is as overrated as Yandle was...

See them play defense, if people don't think Phaneuf is a #1D, Enstrom is barely a top pairing D.

Enstrom is a good D, Byfuglien can't play D that well, Bogosian can but he's not as well rounded as Phaneuf.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
There is no one in the Jets lineup that scares me. Even Evander Kane doesn't come off as a scoring threat. If the Leafs can play their style of game for more then 20 minutes, its going to be a lopsided score. If they play for only 20 mins, we. Should still be able to sneak out points.

EDIT:
Looking over at the standings, the Jets division is absolutely terrible, no wonder they're in the 9th spot. So much for parity, can't wait till next year! We'll have tampa and florida to feast on.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There is no one in the Jets lineup that scares me. Even Evander Kane doesn't come off as a scoring threat. If the Leafs can play their style of game for more then 20 minutes, its going to be a lopsided score. If they play for only 20 mins, we. Should still be able to sneak out points.

When people were hyping Evander Kane, I thought he'd be lighting up the league..

He has 18 points in 24 games, it must be a stretch of good games.

On the other hand, Kessel has had about 2-3 dominant games, some poor ones, some games where he's just unlucky, and then the Bruins games and yet he still has 23 points in 26 games and played very well against Winnipeg last time.

Kessel has played 25 games against Thrashers/Jets: 12G 12A 24 points +3...low ice time though only 17:33
Evander Kane has played 10 games against Toronto: 2G 0A -6.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
When people were hyping Evander Kane, I thought he'd be lighting up the league..

He has 18 points in 24 games, it must be a stretch of good games.

On the other hand, Kessel has had about 2-3 dominant games, some poor ones, some games where he's just unlucky, and then the Bruins games and yet he still has 23 points in 26 games and played very well against Winnipeg last time.

:D on the Jets board they have a thread discussing how Evander Kane would be mentioned with likes of Crosby and Ovechkin if he was in a bigger hockey market. Sucks that we ended up with big bust Nazem Kadri in that draft. :sarcasm:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
:D on the Jets board they have a thread discussing how Evander Kane would be mentioned with likes of Crosby and Ovechkin if he was in a bigger hockey market. Sucks that we ended up with big bust Nazem Kadri in that draft. :sarcasm:

That's just sad..he hasn't even cracked 60 points yet. Crosby and Ovechkin won trophies when they were his age and had 100 point seasons.

itsplok

Mar 8, 2012
EDIT:
Looking over at the standings, the Jets division is absolutely terrible, no wonder they're in the 9th spot. So much for parity, can't wait till next year! We'll have tampa and florida to feast on.

Unfortunately, the Jets are only 5-4-0 against the SE

It was a quote from an ESPN podcast most people disagreed with...

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON

That's just sad..he hasn't even cracked 60 points yet. Crosby and Ovechkin won trophies when they were his age and had 100 point seasons.

Eh.. I hate the Jets, but don't paint them with that brush.

It's to discuss something Barry Melrose said and they all disagree with it wholeheartedly.

BTW it's not about being as good, it's about the level of the popularity of Kane across the league if he played for Toronto or NYR. They still disagree with that statement, as they should.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Enstrom is as overrated as Yandle was...

See them play defense, if people don't think Phaneuf is a #1D, Enstrom is barely a top pairing D.

Enstrom is a good D, Byfuglien can't play D that well, Bogosian can but he's not as well rounded as Phaneuf.

I can't believe how overrated Enstrom is. He was once rated top 10 or 15 a couple of years ago on that yearly HFs Best Defencemen poll. I just couldn't believe it.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Let's try to keep it somewhat mature. Reminder again: What ever they're saying on their boards, leave it there. If you can't handle it, don't bother going over there. Let's hope for a clean good game and our boys to come out on top.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
sad really that this potential rivalry will come to an end this season
playing winnipeg is lots more fun than florida or tampa - bleah

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
sad really that this potential rivalry will come to an end this season
playing winnipeg is lots more fun than florida or tampa - bleah

Winnipeg is not a rivalry game for me. None of the Canadian teams besides MTL/OTT are.

There was a Go Leafs Go chant right after Kessel scored that goal.

itsplok

Mar 8, 2012
and that makes their record outside the division

7-7-2 losing record outside the division winning inside. Confirming the point the se is terrible

Yeah, the Southeast is terrible. But I'm just saying the Jets aren't where they are in the standings because they're feasting on the them.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah, the Southeast is terrible. But I'm just saying the Jets aren't where they are in the standings because they're feasting on the them.

Well its definitely true they aren't feasting. The leafs are currently in the best division though so its an interesting paradigm.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So TSN had a video headline about the Leafs bolstering their blue line and I got excited thinking that Gardiner was called up but nope...just a video of the Leafs at practice going over defensive drills.

I'm a patient person and I know this very same roster has proven in the past that they can play really well and play sound defense. I hope their GA in the past 3 games along with these two days off is enough for them to start getting back to basics and doing the things that were making them more defensively sound earlier in the year. And if Reimer is starting, I hope he brings his third period play to Winnipeg. If he takes his first two periods with Pittsburgh into Winnipeg, they'll be handing Winnipeg an easy two points.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
How can they say that Kostka / Holzer hasn't really played poorly? Taking them out one game isn't going to hurt them, as much as it does as help us if Komisarek / Liles play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad