Post-Game Talk: Mantha is on pace for 246 points

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Can’t believe how empty the game was. God that was embarrassing. I don’t think any other team can compare....maybe Florida?

I think it's more the people that got tickets to the game, were more worried about the arena, than the on ice product.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Well at least they won the opener. Kid line hit up the scoresheet. Sadly I missed the third period due o passing out in the second.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Can’t believe how empty the game was. God that was embarrassing. I don’t think any other team can compare....maybe Florida?

Arena amities were more interesting for the first timers. Tons more open space, places to go, etc, hard to tell when the period starts. LCA did a good job having the scoreboard time integrated with the TVs inside the arena. As time goes on, people will get accumulated to getting back to their seats quicker. Place was 90% sold out in LB and UB was 100%. What you saw on TV doesn't justify what was shown in person. Hell of a venue. Get down there ASAP if you can.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Mantha was born to score.

Attendance was 19 515, so people were somewhere. Admiring the new place?

At least the end zones were 99% full. Won't give a shit how did it look on TV.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
As long as his shots get through to the goalie he'll stay in the lineup. One of the biggest issues with this team is getting shots through from the point. It's also why the power play has been so bad.
I agree, tho I'd say the biggest reason our power play was so bad last season was terrible zone entries.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I thought the arena looked full except the end and in between periods...

I thought Daley looked good honestly. I liked what I saw from Mantha and Larkin too. Howie looked solid.

Overall I’m pretty impressed with how we played considering how average the team looks on paper.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
7Kxpu6z.gif

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
Hope Frk is kept on the roster. Sheahan and Glendening and Ericsson are three I wish didn't return for this season.

bettman making an appearance at the $5 pizza barn made me wish I was at the game just to boo him again live.

Still a pretty boring team to watch play. Not a lot of good scorers and playmakers and very little toughness in hits and fighting.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Attendance was 19 515, so people were somewhere. Admiring the new place?
Theres no f***ing way it was 95% full. No need to trot out official numbers when everyone has known since forever that they are false.
Watch the gif of Nyqust busting in on Dubnyk. You can see behind him in the offensive zone theres like 40% seats filled if you are lucky.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Green should have close to 200 points by the trade deadline, should nab us a first round pick or two.

Mantha's play to bring the puck into the zone on Frk's goal was real nice.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nice to see Mantha and Larks off to a good start. No matter the team performance, I want them to have good seasons. Frk also with the kind of start he needs in order to be given a good look.
Insert AA on the 3rd line, bump Helm to 4th and swap Abby/Tatar and you have a nice forward lineup.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Attendance was full but a friend at the game told me it was pretty much all money and casual fans there for the event of being an arena opener.

Impressed with the team though, they looked pretty good and fast in Game 1. I'll take it against a good Wild team

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Theres no ****ing way it was 95% full. No need to trot out official numbers when everyone has known since forever that they are false.
Watch the gif of Nyqust busting in on Dubnyk. You can see behind him in the offensive zone theres like 40% seats filled if you are lucky.
If you base it on the end of third period, sure. Looked pretty full directly after the anthem. Dwindled the whole game, maybe there's a reason for that.
If you think that's 40% you're awful at estimating percentages.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
At least it was fuller than the last inauguration crowd ba dum cshhhhh.

I'd cool it a little on how great our pp is. A 5 on 3 goal is a gimme imo, so really we were 1 for 4. Not bad, but let's see if we keep it up.

And i would put it past Blashill to swap out Frk for Emmerton if Frk has 1 mediocre game.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
The first goal allowed by the Wings, sums up my years of frustration with this defense since Nick retired. 3 of our guys standing still, watching the play, while a Wild player skates right in behind them to receive the pass and scores. How in the world can our defense be allowed to continue to do that and not man up on defense, or at least make the effort to look around them to see if somebody from the other team is just standing right next to them, awaiting said pass.

I mean, that's basic Pee Wee mistakes these guys are making, and for years, are allowed to be so undisciplined, oh wait, Blashill is our Coach, nevermind.

Very glad for Frk, Mantha, & Larkin...these guys need to continue to step up and the lead the way, and hopefully weed out some useless veterans in the process. Ericsson is still his usual turnover machine, and Nyquist looked a little disinterested out on the ice, but that's nothing new.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
I'd cool it a little on how great our pp is. A 5 on 3 goal is a gimme imo, so really we were 1 for 4. Not bad, but let's see if we keep it up.

Minnesota didn't convert their 'gimme' 5 on 3. And Min's was longer.

Arizona also failed to cash in on their 90 seconds of 5 on 3 during last night's game. Perhaps I don't understand what a gimme is.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad