Post-Game Talk: Mantha is on pace for 246 points

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Theres no ****ing way it was 95% full. No need to trot out official numbers when everyone has known since forever that they are false.
Watch the gif of Nyqust busting in on Dubnyk. You can see behind him in the offensive zone theres like 40% seats filled if you are lucky.

I doesn't prove anything. Gregg Krupa told on Twitter that people were not on the seats until after the first 7 minutes of the period. At some period they had to wait the first whistle etc.

What's your agenda on this? Turn black to white?

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'm just really stoked that Mantha and Larkin were on the scoreboard, that Green had a ton of assists, and even Frk was involved. I don't expect a lot of games to end with the score in the right direction (though who knows, maybe this is finally the year Jimmy stays healthy), but if this kind of thing keeps up, it'll be a successful season, regardless of the final standings.

That said, from the radio announcing, it sounded like the Wings' offense was pretty horrific until Mantha got on the board? I didn't get Ken and Paul (sure wish XM would figure out to play home and away feeds), so maybe the Wild announcers were down-playing things.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Attendance was full but a friend at the game told me it was pretty much all money and casual fans there for the event of being an arena opener.

Impressed with the team though, they looked pretty good and fast in Game 1. I'll take it against a good Wild team

Was definitely not mostly “money” there but there were a ton more people attending who just wanted to be seen more than anything.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
It was packed, If you looked at the opening ceremonies it was pack but most of the fans usually walk around the Via Concourse taking the whole arena in.

The club seats in the middle of the arena on both sides have free alcohol and food. A lot of those people stayed in the club. I got to peek into one of the clubs on the way to my seats and they are incredibly nice. The new arena is amazing and incredibly spacious. Went to the market between the first and second period and it is huge. Full cafeteria that because there are so many vendors and how open the layout is, it didn't feel crowded and lines were short. The market extends all the way to the sidewalk on Woodward Avenue. They have a burrito station where it was $17 for a meat burrito with guac and cheese which I thought was insanely priced. The scoreboard hanging over center ice is incredible and the best I've ever seen. The new arena is such an incredible experience that people are going to love for years. I'm really happy with it.

Also really happy that our best young player scored the first goal at the arena. Was only fitting that it would be Mantha, Larkin, or Zetterberg.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Jimmy Howard has the worst contract in the NHL

DRW HfBoards

cool Howard had a good game,maybe he can have a few more before he pulls his groin for the 100th time and misses another 3 months

i'm someone that always felt his contract was fine and that he was a bit underrated(he literally had the best even strength save percentage in the NHL over a multiple year period at one point) but injuries have made it pretty brutal

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Not a bad effort last night. Got some breaks with the overturned goals in the first period. As I said before...if this team has success, I want it to happen because of the young players leading the way. I like the Mantha-Larkin-Frk line.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Was definitely not mostly “money” there but there were a ton more people attending who just wanted to be seen more than anything.
Sadly events like this will attract people that want to say

5e77bf3d85eb432dbb794dcc2dfccf97.jpg

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Kids stepped up. Good win. Defense is still atrocious. Green should net Detroit a first round pick at the TDL.

Why do people care about how full the place looked?

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Not a bad effort last night. Got some breaks with the overturned goals in the first period. As I said before...if this team has success, I want it to happen because of the young players leading the way. I like the Mantha-Larkin-Frk line.

The kids played well last night. Green did too. If we play like this every game, that will be awesome.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Theres no ****ing way it was 95% full. No need to trot out official numbers when everyone has known since forever that they are false.
Watch the gif of Nyqust busting in on Dubnyk. You can see behind him in the offensive zone theres like 40% seats filled if you are lucky.
The first period it was definitely full, The 2nd and third periods not so much.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm pretty sure most people here don't even think Jimmy has the worst contract on the team, let alone the NHL.
Too much competition on the team for that. With all the hyperbole about E's bad contract, Abby's bad contract, Helm's bad contract, you'd think no one would suggest Jimmy's contract was the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad