Post-Game Talk: Mantha is on pace for 246 points

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Wings are on pace for 164 points!

Green is on pace for 246 assists!

Frk is on pace to beat Selanne's rookie record of 76 goals!

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Glad I got to see the first game of the season. Very good 3rd period. Would have liked to see a little more from Nielsens line but overall, quite happy.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Glad I got to see the first game of the season. Very good 3rd period. Would have liked to see a little more from Nielsens line but overall, quite happy.

he plays with two fourth liners, not surprising they didn't do much lol. Feel bad for Nielsen, he signed to be our 2C but then gets stuck with Helm and Abby.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
if the wings powerplay can be semi decent and the goaltending holds up, this team will be in the playoff mix for a while. which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how you want to look at it

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I thought we played well. We didn't generate a lot of offence, tho with this roster that was to be expected. Our 3rd line played well although they will struggle to score and it will hurt us over the season. Helm also looked slower. Does anyone els feel the same? I thought Martin Frk looked decent. He hustled hard and showed his offence. It will be interesting to see if he keeps his top 9 spot.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I thought Martin Frk looked decent. He hustled hard and showed his offence. It will be interesting to see if he keeps his top 9 spot.
As long as his shots get through to the goalie he'll stay in the lineup. One of the biggest issues with this team is getting shots through from the point. It's also why the power play has been so bad.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
First half of the game was pretty dull... but ended up being pretty fun. Glad they won the first game at LCA.

I think Frk can help the PP and hopefully hold onto a spot.

Mantha looked really good, definitely the most promising thing we got, IMO.

If our defense was a band it would be called Mike Green and the 5 bums. He should be a nice trade deadline piece if we wanna go that route.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Frk DOES get shots through. That's why he is valuable. Pulk didn't get jack squat through. Neither will be a puck possession or mega skater type player. They have sick shots. Frk gets his on net. He was involved in multiple goals tonight against a better team solely due to his shot. Good for him.

I thought the Z line looked sucky as all hell tonight IMO at even strength. Meh. Nyquist/Tatar together isn't for me, but you can't break up line 2. I'd almost like to see Frans move up to line 1 and Nyquist move back.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
As long as his shots get through to the goalie he'll stay in the lineup. One of the biggest issues with this team is getting shots through from the point. It's also why the power play has been so bad.
the defensman not getting shots through is a problem. but the powerplay was so bad last year mainly due to lack of clean zone entries. after the wings 1st pp tonight, they were able to get quite a few clean entries.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
the defensman not getting shots through is a problem. but the powerplay was so bad last year mainly due to lack of clean zone entries. after the wings 1st pp tonight, they were able to get quite a few clean entries.
Their first couple PPs looked like dogshit. No entries at all. After the 5 on 3 they looked much better but that's to be expected.

Still very few players that can reliably get the puck in cleanly with possession. We're still not doing the drop pass correctly either. It's like they don't know why they're doing it and they just do it out of habit or something.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Loved the Kids and Z, tonight. Jimmy looked great. Total team defense looks better and it was nice to see the team clearing space in front of the goalie instead of dog-piling him like we did all of last year. Was hoping that Nyquist could have gotten #100, but....yeah. #LiftThePuck

Great game, hoping for the same level of effort going forward.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
We looked good offensivly, yet still looked suspect on D.

Perfect game relative to my wishes, we win the opener, young guys look good, trade bait Green already is padding the stats, and our defensive still looks bad enough to be a bottom 2 team in the division

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
It's good to see them win the first game in the new place. I was impressed to see everyone looking pretty ready. I actually don't think anyone played surprisingly bad. I just think that the fourth line and bottom defense pairing looked like fourth liners and a bottom pairing. Overall though, the team played to its strengths.

That Helm countercheck was sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->