Managing the new site

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If you use chrome (android) enable data saver. That seems to take care of the popups regardless of login status. I think chrome iOS has same feature.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
I gave sponsorships x 3 mos to those reporting issues. Forum should no ads when logged in on mobile/desktop. Let me know if that get rid of the mobile popups/redirects.
Apologize i just saw this l, but I haven't had any issues the past 2 days.

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
I’m getting this farking pop-up on HFBoards that hijacks my browser (Google Chrome on iPhone) damn near every time!!!

View media item 1113
It’s driving me nuts! It only happens on HFBoards and not other sites.

If it keeps up I won’t come here anymore.

Used to have that stupid thing on Facebook on iPhone....ever since I installed Ad Blocker app, I don’t see it anymore

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
I continue to be re-directed to a hoax google survey ad every time I open a new page. And I’m logged in.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
When logged in on iPhone.. no pop ups etc..

When not logged in, it takes me 5 or 6 attempts to log in because a pop up hijacks the website. I then click ok, then relaunch HF. After 5 or 6 tries, the hijacking “delays” long enough to allow me to log in.

Wow is it ever frustrating.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
When logged in on iPhone.. no pop ups etc..

When not logged in, it takes me 5 or 6 attempts to log in because a pop up hijacks the website. I then click ok, then relaunch HF. After 5 or 6 tries, the hijacking “delays” long enough to allow me to log in.

Wow is it ever frustrating.
Try enabling data saver if you use chrome with your iPhone.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The hijack ads have been horrendous. It started out maybe once a session on my mobile a week ago. At this point it's literally hijacking/redirecting before I can even read more than 1 post. I did try enabling data saver, so we'll see what happens. Not sure the other effects that will have on my phone/browsing, though.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The hijack ads have been horrendous. It started out maybe once a session on my mobile a week ago. At this point it's literally hijacking/redirecting before I can even read more than 1 post. I did try enabling data saver, so we'll see what happens. Not sure the other effects that will have on my phone/browsing, though.

That hasn't worked for me on mobile. It's supposed to keep it from happening, but not on this forum for whatever reason.

I gave you both 1 mos sponsorships. Apparently the data saver trick only works with Chrome Canary. Firefox mobile + uBlock is pretty foolproof.
We'll be giving 1 mos sponsoships to people who post in the support forum with this issue.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm still getting issues on Android. Data saver felt like it worked for awhile but now the ads are back. They will redirect my chrome even if I have it minimized and I'm scrolling Twitter.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm still getting issues on Android. Data saver felt like it worked for awhile but now the ads are back. They will redirect my chrome even if I have it minimized and I'm scrolling Twitter.
I found one redirect but there's still one more. I get the popups infrequently now. I gave you a 30 day sponsorhip. You won't get any ads or popups while logged in.

Reactions: What the Faulk

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So what do I have to change to enable tweets embedded in posts?

Using Safari on a MacBook Air. Updated and current. I click on the tweet underlined link and nothing happens.

I don't work in IT. Driving my laptop is like starting my car. Turning the ignition key either works or I don't go anywhere.....

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
So what do I have to change to enable tweets embedded in posts?

Using Safari on a MacBook Air. Updated and current. I click on the tweet underlined link and nothing happens.

I don't work in IT. Driving my laptop is like starting my car. Turning the ignition key either works or I don't go anywhere.....
Make sure you have javascript enabled. There will be some tweets where nothing happens because the tweet was deleted. It will just say "Loading Tweet". Those are usually older tweets.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Make sure you have javascript enabled. There will be some tweets where nothing happens because the tweet was deleted. It will just say "Loading Tweet". Those are usually older tweets.
Safari could have a tracking protection feature, too.
I lost tweets for a little while and fiddled with the settings of my various internet body condoms, but it turned out to be a Firefox setting that blocks some sites from fully functioning (twitter is one, captcha is another) by default.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad