Managing the new site

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It's using the stock twitter code now. I'm not having any issues with it. If you're seeing cut off tweets you may need to whitelist platform.twitter.com in your adblocker. If you still see cut off tweets, open chrome console and refresh page.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Embedded Tweet Fix - Right click on the page with the runaway tweet. Select inspect from the menu. A console will open. Reload the page with the tweet(s) leaving the console open. They should display properly now. Don't close the console. Visit a few other threads with tweets while the console is open. They should also load properly. Close the console and it should be fixed.

This corrected twitter issues on 2 windows machines. My chromebook didn't have a a twitter problem.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
This is really starting to get annoying...I entered http://hfboards.mandatoy.com into blocking for flash and java, and I also cleared cookies and cache...Before I couldn't even load any page with a tweet, all I got was a blank white page....Now tweets are completely gone so if I go to the trade section I can't see that the trade tweets were....Now there is an extra step for the like feature also....Anyone know how I can get tweets back but without them loading a huge white page ?

Whoever updated this site needs to be fired...This is ridiculous...I'm about at the point of looking for a new place to talk hockey.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I also wanted to chime in with saying pages with tweets are no longer readable for me as well. I have gone through the fixes and have gotten no where. It only does it on chrome though.

Not too big of a deal for me, but I wanted to just let you all know it may be more widespread than just a few people encountering it.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I'm having a new issue browsing the site at work today. Every new thread or page on this site I visit first appears to start loading normally, then the address bar changes and pictures/avatars/etc disappear and i can't make posts (the post box isn't even there).

For the address change it looks like hfboards dot mandator dot com /g00 /rest of address then at the end theres ?i10cencReferrer=verylongstringofrandomcharacters

Its the g00 and the referrer= crap at the end that pop in about a second after a page loads.

Anyone else seeing anything like this or have any idea whats going on? Site looks fine on my phone its just my company workstation having the issue (was working fine on friday came in this morning its all jacked up)

Best info I've found googling so far seem to be related to something called Instart Logic and a comment on github "the g00 urls are obfuscated urls to 3rd parties that would normally be blocked by ad blockers"

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm having a new issue browsing the site at work today. Every new thread or page on this site I visit first appears to start loading normally, then the address bar changes and pictures/avatars/etc disappear and i can't make posts (the post box isn't even there).

For the address change it looks like hfboards dot mandator dot com /g00 /rest of address then at the end theres ?i10cencReferrer=verylongstringofrandomcharacters

Its the g00 and the referrer= crap at the end that pop in about a second after a page loads.

Anyone else seeing anything like this or have any idea whats going on? Site looks fine on my phone its just my company workstation having the issue (was working fine on friday came in this morning its all jacked up)

Best info I've found googling so far seem to be related to something called Instart Logic and a comment on github "the g00 urls are obfuscated urls to 3rd parties that would normally be blocked by ad blockers"
Clear cookies, reboot browser
And disable adblocker! You don't need it. You're a sponsor.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Clear cookies, reboot browser
And disable adblocker! You don't need it. You're a sponsor.
Still having the issue in chrome on my workstation. But looks like I can log in and everything works fine in IE. And everything is fine on my phone's browser.

I don't think I can disable the adblocker. I think it's something my company implements at the network level somehow, there's no addon or anything on my PC to disable.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I almost never use my phone to google stuff. Yesterday I downloaded firefox and quite literally only went to this site. 5 Minutes of reading peoples posts my phone kept beeping super loud saying I had a firefox virus(hijacker). Wouldn't stop even after a reboot, it finally stopped once I completely removed firefox.

Bleh! Guess I'll stick to PC only, phones don't like me. lol

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I’ve done it twice and they still pop up almost every time.

Same with me.
I have an iPhone with the latest update.
A pop up overtakes my screen about spinning a wheel or you won something or some amazon thing.
I click on close, then relaunch the buffalo sabres thread, and it pops up again!
The mobile version is horrific.
I'm on my laptop typing this because i can't use the mobile version.

Like you, i've tried erasing history and cache. Resetting ad identifier. No luck with it. It's obnoxious.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
On mobile I get pretty constant redirects in every thread to google amazon etc winner of a prize if I can answer a question. Any thoughts?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The mobile problem is malware. Get malwarebytes or similar. It's not our ads. Our Web Support team says they can find no malware on the site. I've done scans and can't find any malware. Google scans this site all the time and can detect no malware. The popups/redirects being described are against Googles TOS. Our site has received no notices from Google to that effect.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I did what they said earlier in the thread and I am still getting pop ups on my phone saying I have a virus, etc....I've disabled all sorts of stuff on my laptop so the pages will load...That means I can no longer read tweets or see videos that are imbedded...As an internet surfer of over 20 years I have to say this is one of the all time worst sites I have ever visited.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I’m on this site probably way more than i should be on my iPhone, but that pop up/ad is making this site miserable. I’ve done the fixes suggested previously in the thread, but it just keeps...coming...back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad