Managerial merry go round part II

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Say what?

Kicker are reporting Tüchel to Arsenal whilst BILD are reporting Tüchel to PSG.

Edit: Kicker's sources were from England. Not sure if it were their own or not.

Edit 2:

Another naysayer:

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Wherever Tuchel ends up, it's not Bayern. That at least is for sure.

If Sportbuzzer is reliable I don't know. They belong to Hannover-based Madsack-group (HAZ and Neue Presse). Don't know if they have sources outside of Northern Germany.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some good sources here say Allegri is PSG's priority. Makes sense to me. But he's waiting to see his options (including the italian NT).

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Tuchel is already personal enemies with Arsenal's chief scout, that can only go well if it materializes.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
DZIyCy-XUAApdIu.jpg

Reactions: S E P H and cgf

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sounds like Rodgers won't be leaving Celtic for a while anyway. Still he wants to manage 1000 matches and at some point he knows he'll have to go.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would gratefully accept Tuchel - perhaps Watzke is more of a determinant than we originally thought? He's not my first choice like Jardim and the transfer thing is a concern, however, not it's not like this would be a loss for the Arsenal in replacing him (Wenger).

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Some good sources here say Allegri is PSG's priority. Makes sense to me. But he's waiting to see his options (including the italian NT).

Not many Juve fans will be sad to see Allegri leave. I mean he was a very good manager for Juve but I think his time with the club is up. On a personal level he’s looking for a new motivation. He said after last year’s CL final he seriously considered to resign.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not many Juve fans will be sad to see Allegri leave. I mean he was a very good manager for Juve but I think his time with the club is up. On a personal level he’s looking for a new motivation. He said after last year’s CL final he seriously considered to resign.
Well I mean last year’s CL final was awful for Juve. A lot of inner team drama.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

They should be sad losing a great manager, but I agree that the time might be right - you don't want to end up with another Wenger.

Also Juventus got an old team. Whoever manages them next season got to expect to be rebuilding for quite a few years before they are nearly as competitive as they have been the last years.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
They should be sad losing a great manager, but I agree that the time might be right - you don't want to end up with another Wenger.

Also Juventus got an old team. Whoever manages them next season got to expect to be rebuilding for quite a few years before they are nearly as competitive as they have been the last years.

I don’t expect Juve to win the title every year but they’ll always be in the title contention. Barca and RM and Bayern don’t go through rebuilds. They stay competitive. Juve have some old players but they also have some good young players ready to step in. Caldara and Rugani are expected to lead Juve’s defense for a long time. Bernardeschi, Costa, Pjanic, Dybala are relatively young. Bentancur is growing and they’ll have the money to bring the players they need.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Kicker says he's not really a candidate at Bayern now. I'd definitely prefer Nagelsmann but I figure Favre is the favorite for the Dortmund job.
The report says Favre was an option until they signed Pep back then. I don't think he's an option today. Dortmund is a possibility today IMO.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don’t expect Juve to win the title every year but they’ll always be in the title contention. Barca and RM and Bayern don’t go through rebuilds. They stay competitive. Juve have some old players but they also have some good young players ready to step in. Caldara and Rugani are expected to lead Juve’s defense for a long time. Bernardeschi, Costa, Pjanic, Dybala are relatively young. Bentancur is growing and they’ll have the money to bring the players they need.

Sure, but the way the Italian league has developed being in contention for the title for a team like Juventus doesn't say that much.

Pjanic is 28 in a couple of days. Costa in half a year. And any team with Costa as part of the core will not be that good. We are now in the Liverpool, Spurs etc. territory - a significant step down from the Juventus we have seen the last years (arguably both Liverpool and Spurs got cores with players better than Costa already - I certainly think so). It is not criticism of Juventus it is just the way it works for most teams without unlimited amount of money.

Not saying it is impossible to turn things around quickly. Pick up a Salah or a new Dybala for that matter would make a huge difference, but realistically that is a team that would need to make huge changes to be a proper CL contender again. I can see why the timing isn't right both for the team and Allegri to continue the relationship.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Douglas Costa was one of the only players with Juventus consistently making Spurs look silly.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I agree with Havre that Juventus are a team on the decline. Allergi leaving could make the decline even steeper.

Douglas Costa was one of the only players with Juventus consistently making Spurs look silly.

That's more of a testament as to how shit our fullbacks were in both games.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It really makes me laugh how overrated Allegri is on these boards. I can't wait until he's gone. I am fed up of watching Juventus park the bus against the likes of Chievo, Genoa, Cagliari, etc.... It's despicable to watch a team like Juve to park the bus against teams like that or in general. Everyone witnessed it against Tottenham. Go up two goals within the first ten minutes and then park the bus.

As far as an aging team goes, yes we have to partially rebuild. We got some great young players that will return from loans, especially on defense. We need rebuild the midfield. The midfield is sickening other the Pjanic.
The biggest concern is keeping a hold of our star players. I am fed up being a feeder team to bigger clubs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad