Management Discussion v46 | Warning in OP (#834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
If you are too immature to answer how you think the team would be presently constructed under an average GM, then you are too immature to evaluate Jim Benning as doing a great job.
You do realize that some of the prospects you have pencilled into your line ups could wind up just like Josh Holden, right?

Please tell me you DO know that’s a real possibility. Benning’s picks aren’t magically bust-proof.

Skyo has to take on - Kolden Bannaran, CanaFan & me2...ah good times.

Haters you all are physic orrrrr???

Thinking Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Pettersson, Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lockwood,
Juolevi, Tryamkin, Pouliot, Demko ++++++++2018/19 drafts are not going to chip in.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Haters you all are physic orrrrr???

Thinking Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Pettersson, Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lockwood,
Juolevi, Tryamkin, Pouliot, Demko ++++++++2018/19 drafts are not going to chip in.

Why won't you just answer the question?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Haters you all are physic or think you're psychic as well???

If having a working knowledge of NHL history and probabilities makes me a hater then I guess I’m a hater. But any poster who lists Pouliot, Granlund, and Chatfield as reasons to be excited has lost the plot in my books.

Reactions: Canadian Club

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Haters you all are physic or think you're psychic as well???

Juolevi, Tryamkin, Pouliot, Demko ++++++++2018/19 drafts are not going to chip in

I always find the "list all prospects as indisputable fact that they will reach the zenith of their potentials" really amusing.

Relying on Tryamkin to come back to the NHL could become the new Kiril Koltsov is coming back!

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Cool bruh, please tell my why you hate that possibility?

I don’t hate it, I’m just not building all of my arguments on it.

What I do hate is having actual NHLers like Nylander and Tkachuk not on my team. Benning the great drafter apparently didn’t think they were worth drafting but it’s cute that you think all of his picks are much better now.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Accidentally? are you ok me2???
Do you do think

A) attempted to make the playoffs and failed horribly and accidentally ended up in a position to draft Pettersson

B) intentionally tanked and finished 2nd last to be in a position to draft Pettersson?

The scouts are carrying his ass.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Do you do think

A) attempted to make the playoffs and failed horribly and accidentally ended up in a position to draft Pettersson

B) intentionally tanked and finished 2nd last to be in a position to draft Pettersson?

The scouts are carrying his ass.

Do you realize most scouts and fans were creaming to draft Glass?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This is the last time I will ask. If Jim Benning is doing an above-average job, what would an average job have looked like?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Wonder if Jim would be open to a 'soft' demotion in which someone with actual managerial skills could take the job of GM while he becomes more of a head scout, this would be via replacement of Trevor Linden and the President of Hockey Ops position. Jim would remain in the GM spot but would only have scouting responsibilities.

If he isn't willing to accept that then he should be let go, he doesn't have any other value to the organization outside of his amateur scouting (and you could even then attribute that to our current HS Judd Brackett and his staff)

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Wonder if Jim would be open to a 'soft' demotion in which someone with actual managerial skills could take the job of GM while he becomes more of a head scout, this would be via replacement of Trevor Linden and the President of Hockey Ops position. Jim would remain in the GM spot but would only have scouting responsibilities.

If he isn't willing to accept that then he should be let go, he doesn't have any other value to the organization outside of his amateur scouting (and you could even then attribute that to our current HS Judd Brackett and his staff)
bruh you realize this sad sack of a team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in it's franchise hey?

Finally get a GM who can get prospects ala American team styles and you want to bolt him?? smh
Give you're head a shake bro, drafting is the key to success....

Team is primed for a real deal, as they've been developing young dudes for a few years.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Just good depth is all, if they perform above average they are superb trade bait.

It’s the kind of depth most teams have already and Benning seems to keep trading picks to acquire. I’d be surprised to see that reverse any time soon.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
It’s the kind of depth most teams have already and Benning seems to keep trading picks to acquire. I’d be surprised to see that reverse any time soon.

I just want everyone on HF to realize the main 2020 core? is/will be drafted/traded by JB sans Horvat.

Dahlen-ELIAS PETTERSSON (everyone wanted Glass btw)
HORVAT(mg) - BOESER (LATE 1st rounder)
JUOLEVI-TRYAMKIN (big bro 3rd rounder)
POULIOT (traded for a big fighter)
DEMKO

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
LoL are really saying Glass was an OK pick over Pettersson???

aha oh man...too rich.

Still would rather that than missing on ehlers and Nylander, or Tkachuk and Keller and Serg...

bruh you realize this sad sack of a team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in it's franchise hey?

Finally get a GM who can get prospects ala American team styles and you want to bolt him?? smh
Give you're head a shake bro, drafting is the key to success....

Team is primed for a real deal, as they've been developing young dudes for a few years.

JB is not a good drafter... I think he has appointed a good head scout, and it sounds like (from the mouth of Linden) that he is the one more responsible than Benning for Petterson.

It also takes so much more than that to build a team. If you don't understand that Benning has failed at everything he has tried to do there is no point in having a real conversation. He wanted to build a playoff team... we finished bottom 2 twice. That is terrilbe GM'ing

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Do you realize most scouts and fans were creaming to draft Glass?
So you agree Benning's incompetence got the canucks into a position where the scouts could get Pettersson. Nice. At least you accept Benning accidentally got the canucks a top 5 pick.

Like you, I can see the need for more Pettersson, Dahlen, Goldobin assets and how vital they will be in the rebuild. Just think Benning would have traded Pettersson, Dahlen and Goldobin for a 1st round exist. The exact opposite of what you want. He's a bad GM when it comes to knowing what's good for this team, on that we agree.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad