Management Discussion v46 | Warning in OP (#834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Boston had a chance to draft Kyle Connor, Matt Barzal and Thomas Chabot instead they drafted Zboril, Debrusk and Senyshyn. Later in the draft they hit on players like Brandon Carlo and Jeremy Lauzon. Does that make Don Sweeney a good drafter? No, because he clearly botched an opportunity to make his franchise extremely better long term.

That also shows the importance of stockpiling draft picks. 6 picks in the first 52 of that draft. Some miss, some hit. That's why you don't want to see Benning pissing away these draft picks on replacement level NHLers.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Lost big time with Virtanen.

Got lucky with Boeser being as good as he is.

Missed somewhat with Juolevi.

Looks to have won significantly with Pettersson.

He’s batting .500 so far with a small sample size.

Yep, and honestly you can't bat .500 when 3 of your 5 first rounders are 6th 5th 5th.

Reactions: CanaFan

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
That would depend exactly how high those picks were wouldn't it? I would guess (just speculating...too lazy to check) that the success rate of late 1st round picks aren't that far off 25%).

Sure, we can use general success rate as a standard. But like I said, a rag tag group of random internet dwellers picked the best players at the time of the draft, while our Elder GOD of draft, Benning, missed the mark completely despite this being his GODDAMN JOB.

Not to mention, when this team had a bad prospect pool, drafting average (Benning drafted far below that) isn't gonna cut it. You draft average, you end up average, which is the worst place to be. And that's the core problem with the overall tempo of this team - oh at least we're not the worst (we actually are the worst in many ways). These morons only wants the team to go into playoff, they don't give a crap if we never get past round 1 or 2 for a hundred years in a row. If this attitude does not change then this team will never ever EVER hope to even gaze at the cup.

Disregarding all of Benning's disasters, the fact that he blew 3 out of 4 first round picks despite 2 of the BPA being as secretive as the f***ing sun, should earn him a boot form the office. In order for him to stay he will need to boost is performance by over 9000% between now and TDL. I'm hoping for that to happen, then again I hope for a lot of other things too - world peace, flying pig, unlimited bacon...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad