Management Discussion v46 | Warning in OP (#834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
So you agree Benning's incompetence got the canucks into a position where the scouts could get Pettersson. Nice. At least you accept Benning accidentally got the canucks a top 5 pick.

Like you, I can see the need for more Pettersson, Dahlen, Goldobin assets and how vital they will be in the rebuild. Just think Benning would have traded Pettersson, Dahlen and Goldobin for a 1st round exist. The exact opposite of what you want. He's a bad GM when it comes to knowing what's good for this team, on that we agree.

Nice try ME2.

Team will improve and rebound and it's all thanks to the big dog JB.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I just want everyone on HF to realize the main 2020 core? is/will be drafted/traded by JB sans Horvat.

Dahlen-ELIAS PETTERSSON (everyone wanted Glass btw)
HORVAT(mg) - BOESER (LATE 1st rounder)
JUOLEVI-TRYAMKIN (big bro 3rd rounder)
POULIOT (traded for a big fighter)
DEMKO

Is that a good team though? Outside of Horvat and Boeser that’s mostly guys who we have no idea what they’ll be like at the NHL level and Pouliot who we do know (and it’s not very good).

Imagine if that list of yours included Nylander/Ehlers and Tkachuk. Would look a lot better and more NHL proven.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Nice try ME2.

Why do you think this team is in a position to rebound? Is it because Jim Benning built an incredibly bad team in three straight seasons, all while telling us we're trying to compete?

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Is that a good team though? Outside of Horvat and Boeser that’s mostly guys who we have no idea what they’ll be like at the NHL level and Pouliot who we do know (and it’s not very good).

Imagine if that list of yours included Nylander/Ehlers and Tkachuk. Would look a lot better and more NHL proven.

Defense always need to be addressed - Nylander the Leafs are still lurking for a top 4RD.
Ehlers? is superb pick-YES missed out on that one."
Pouliot is the top scoring dman on the Canucks - traded by JB for a ahl'er...steal....don't tell your JB hating buds.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I am utterly dumbfounded that any person - much less many of them - can have the level of delusion required to perceive Jim Benning as an excellent GM doing an excellent job.

Flat-earthers might be more tuned into reality.

Like, you people realize that we have most of the prospects we have BY ACCIDENT, right? They aren't here because of part of a plan. They aren't here because Jim Benning felt he needed them. They're here because the NHL rewards incompetence and because this incompetent GM accidentally finished in 28th and 29th place with a team and roster he spent to the cap on and meant to compete with.
It very much seems like these kinds of people don't pay much attention to what happens in the league outside of Vancouver. The guy is simple and friendly unlike the last guy, he won a cup with Boston, and our lord and savior Trevor Linden likes him so he must be good at his job!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Nice try ME2.

The fact you keep avoiding admitting you don't support Benning makes me wonder where you stood on making the playoffs last year and hope they are more important than names like Pettersson and Dahlen. I'm guessing you were all in with Jim playoff drive, and didn't think we needed Pettersson etc Ooops.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
It very much seems like these kinds of people don't pay much attention to what happens in the league outside of Vancouver. The guy is simple and friendly unlike the last guy, he won a cup with Boston, and our lord and savior Trevor Linden likes him so he must be good at his job!
How is that in anyway mature NUCKLES??

You're better than that bruh.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com

PETTERSSON -

boy if he makes it..

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
What part of 'If Benning is not extended' did you not get?
I’m surprised you didn’t respond with some useless link to an article that doesn’t prove anything.

But your response is still predictable. You directly compared holland and Benning. I made no mention of Benning being fired or extended so somehow you decided to use that as a deflection of your original point.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Defense always need to be addressed - Nylander the Leafs are still lurking for a top 4RD.
Ehlers? is superb pick-YES missed out on that one."
Pouliot is the top scoring dman on the Canucks - traded by JB for a ahl'er...steal....don't tell your JB hating buds.

Top scoring Dman on the Canucks ... with a 27-point pace lol

That says more about the poor state of this team than it does about Pouliot being any good.

27 pts to lead a team is beyond awful lol

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I’m surprised you didn’t respond with some useless link to an article that doesn’t prove anything.

But your response is still predictable. You directly compared holland and Benning. I made no mention of Benning being fired or extended so somehow you decided to use that as a deflection of your original point.

WTF are you going on about with Holland.

Get some help bruh, look if you in EastVan we got sharing circles to share our prob's.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Where..???????

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
bruh you realize this sad sack of a team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in it's franchise hey?

Finally get a GM who can get prospects ala American team styles and you want to bolt him?? smh
Give you're head a shake bro, drafting is the key to success....

Team is primed for a real deal, as they've been developing young dudes for a few years.

Drafting doesn't mean shit if you give the kids away like candy. And his 'top' kids come directly from his best two scouts, Brackett who is the NCAA/US minor/highschool hockey guy and Gradin who is the Sweden/Finland guy. So his drafting can be all because of staff that's Gillis left behind

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
PETTERSSON -

boy if he makes it..

A guy they scouts got because Benny is a bad GM and failed to make the playoffs due to bad moves. He also tried to trade up from 5th, that makes you wonder if he really wanted Makar not Pettersson. Thankfully he failed again.

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
CODY GLASS - that's what everyone wanted to JB to draft.

But he said: **** you HF and everyone else & took Pettersson.

Salute to the rebuild god.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
CODY GLASS - that's what everyone wanted to JB to draft.

But he said: **** you HF and everyone else & took Pettersson.

Salute to the rebuild god.

Wish he’d listened in 2014 and drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen.

At least Glass looks like he’ll be a good player and maybe not too far behind Pettersson. Unlike the massive canyon between Virtanen and Nylander/Ehlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: timw33 and pomorick

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Wish he’d listened in 2014 and drafted Nylander or Ehlers instead of Virtanen.

At least Glass looks like he’ll be a good player and maybe not too far behind Pettersson. Unlike the massive canyon between Virtanen and Nylander/Ehlers.

://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/management-discussion-v46-warning-in-op-834.2415619/page-3

Look Jim Benning WON with Boeser, lost with Virtanen as the owners wanted toughness over skill.

But rebounded again CanaFan with taking Pettersson over Glass (whom got cut from TC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad