Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Canuck21t said:
No wonder you guys are all pissed off at Pierre McGuire; you guys don't understand him at all. Pierre didn't liked to see Malkin "protecting" his friend because if things got nastier and the kid got into a big fight, he could have been suspended. Now you wouldn't want that do you? That was Pierre's whole point. Geez.

Malkin could have got suspended? For what? yelling at a guy while the ref held him back??

give me a break

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Metallian said:
Malkin could have got suspended? For what? yelling at a guy while the ref held him back??

give me a break
Dude, it was more than yelling. Malkin was pushing and pulling and practically wanted to fight. Whether Malkin would actually fight we're not sure but that's what Pierre didn't want to happen because he is too important to the team. Now is that so mean from Pierre's part? Talk about being over-sensitive.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Slick Nick said:
I would take Malkin over both Crosby and Onechkin without a doubt... matter of fact, if I had both Crosby and Ovechkin, I would trade them both for Malkin. :innocent:

He's such a talent.. I don't give a damn about stats... OK, i wouldn't trade both, but I would trade any of Crosby or Ove for Malkin.

What was the argument between me and Canadian fans in the beggining of the season... Spezza better than Malkin..lol.... as we say in russian, comparing a finger with a dick.
Sometime a finger is better than a dick :D.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Canuck21t said:
Dude, it was more than yelling. Malkin was pushing and pulling and practically wanted to fight. Whether Malkin would actually fight we're not sure but that's what Pierre didn't want to happen because he is too important to the team. Now is that so mean from Pierre's part? Talk about being over-sensitive.

Yeah, I think Malkin was throwing some punches there and that got me really nervous because if his gloves came off, we would be in BIG trouble

KariyaIsGod*

Metallian said:

give me a break

Are you blind?

You didn't see the punches with his stick still in hand?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
alecfromtherock said:
WJC should not be used to base ones ‘awesomeness’

Sweden: 1PPG 1PPA 7 shots
Slovakia: 1PPG 1A 4 shots
LAT: 1PPG 6 shots
CZE: 1G 1A 1PPA 6 shots
USA: 2A 2 shots

5 of Malkin’s10 points came on the PP and the competition was weak. 3/4 goals came on the PP.

4 goals on 25 shots is not that impressive for a player that some say is already better then AO and SC without playing a single NHL game.

AO/SC could both reach 100 points with 45+ goals this NHL season.

Malkin does not appear to have the Midus goal scoring touch such as AO/SC/Kovy/Jagr do.

Nothing wrong with being a playmaker as long as you have a linemate who can finish.

Sticking up for his teammates against the Big Bad US Junior team might be fine and dandy but I will reserve judgement until he does the same in the NHL(and is not flattened/slashed/hooked/goon’d or has to fight a NHL heavyweight)

Physically 6'3 185lbs 19 years old is pretty impressive considering that Malkin is not a sloth on his skates.

But in terms of pure skill AO/SC come on top.

The NHL is not the same as the RSL: more games, smaller ice, best D and goalies in the world and is far more physical(dirty, cheep/constant physical punishment) where the players have far less respect for each other.

SC/AO transcended better then most would have thought in their rookie seasons, might be initially unfair to compare Malkin to either player.

I could swear Malkin had more than 2 shots agains the USA. Can you provide the stats on how many passes to teamates in dangerous scoring positions and time spent on a relaxed skate around the pylons (whoops I mean US players) in the US zone?

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
MOGiLNY said:
Yeah, I think Malkin was throwing some punches there and that got me really nervous because if his gloves came off, we would be in BIG trouble

I was nervous too and I agree with what Mcguire said.

To the other: I thought you were suggesting that Malkin could have been suspended for what he did in the game, not what he could have done but didn't.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Slitty said:
I could swear Malkin had more than 2 shots agains the USA. Can you provide the stats on how many passes to teamates in dangerous scoring positions and time spent on a relaxed skate around the pylons (whoops I mean US players) in the US zone?

Unless the IIHF website is totally out of whack Malkin had 1 shot in the first and 1 shot in the third.

1+1 = 2 even in Latvia :) Domi and the Big E would have figured that out.

If your argument was correct then Malkin’s S% would have been reduced even further :sad:

Q: Does anyone know how many missed shots Malkin had thus far.

If a link must be provided

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Slitty said:

I think Malkin took about 5-6 shots in the game, but I noticed he goes for too much, always wristers to top corners and he missed about 3 of them. If you miss the net they don't count as SOG's. It's sort of good that he had an off night with US, I think against US it should improve.

KariyaIsGod*

Slitty said:

So Evgeny Malkin makes Jack Johnson and Erik Johnson pylons now?

Does your's and Siberian's homerism know no end?

Seriously.

Everyone knows I'm no the biggest USA hockey fan in the world but really... You are getting ridiculous.

I don't even know why the NHL continues playing seasons the way you talk. They may as well, fold it up and give every award ever from now until the end of time to Malkin..

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
There is no Homerism like Russian Homerism. They are completely unable to look at things objectively when it involves a Russian player. :D

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Pathfinder said:
There is no Homerism like Russian Homerism. They are completely unable to look at things objectively when it involves a Russian player. :D

ha ha ha and that comes from a canadien fan ha ha ha :biglaugh: :D

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
CSKA said:
ha ha ha and that comes from a canadien fan ha ha ha :biglaugh: :D

Explain to me why the Russians haven't won any kind of senior-level tournament in over 10 years? And barely medalled besides.

I'm interested because you probably know a lot more about the situation, being a Russian.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
NyQuil said:
Explain to me why the Russians haven't won any kind of senior-level tournament in over 10 years? And barely medalled besides.

I'm interested because you probably know a lot more about the situation, being a Russian.

wow i thought we talk about Malkin :dunno:

hey come on we were not that bad , 1 Silver + 2 Bronze at the olympics.

But our time will come dont worry my canadien friend ..........dont forget about your canadien team ! How long did you wait for a olympic gold medal ;)

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Pathfinder said:
Unable to think when it comes to post at HFBoards,eh ? :dunno:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
NyQuil said:

This is very easy answer, it took Russian hockey 15 years to recover from the disaster that happened when NHL with the help of IIHF robbed Russian hockey of all their best players. All of a sudden young players in Russia had nobody to learn from! Besides the economic situation when no hockey rinks were built and most hockey coaches left for better jobs Russia still managed to produce amazing result when it was the only team to get a medal at last two Olympics, not bad heh?

Things are changing already and I think this is going to be break out year for Russian hockey. Good start already with the Spengler Cup butt kicking of team Canada, Russia potentially can win tonight's gold, European Champions Cup, Olympic Games and WC already this year. AT least the rosters of these teams suggest that Russia will be one of the contenders unlike previous years.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
CSKA said:
wow i thought we talk about Malkin :dunno:

hey come on we were not that bad , 1 Silver + 2 Bronze at the olympics.

But our time will come dont worry my canadien friend ..........dont forget about your canadien team ! How long did you wait for a olympic gold medal ;)

Not surprisingly, you didn't answer my question.

Homers never can face the truth.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Siberian said:
This is very easy answer, it took Russian hockey 15 years to recover from the disaster that happened when NHL with the help of IIHF robbed Russian hockey of all their best players.

So, Bure, Yashin, Fedorov, Mogilny all disappeared into thin air?

The NHL has been robbing Canadian hockey of all their best players for years. I don't see what the big difference is. :dunno:

Siberian said:
Russia still managed to produce amazing result when it was the only team to get a medal at last two Olympics, not bad heh?

Two tournaments? Interesting use of statistics. Was either medal the gold-colored one? I can't remember.

That's like me saying that Canada is better than Russia because they've medalled in the last 8 Junior tournaments. It's the Gold that counts.

Siberian said:
Good start already with the Spengler Cup butt kicking of team Canada

Wow, the SPENGLER!

Siberian said:
AT least the rosters of these teams suggest that Russia will be one of the contenders unlike previous years.

There's been nothing wrong with the rosters of Team Russia in the last bunch of years. In St. Petersburg, the team was stacked.

Again, lots of excuses.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
NyQuil, You are searching in wrong direction. It's all about political situation and economics. Just imagine, provinces will separate in 2 months, just separate without any base and future programs. Quebec will start war with Ontario. BC will close borders. Alberta will not provide oil for any other *country* and will move everything to USA because others willn't pay and so on. Will you care about hockey ?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kaizer said:
NyQuil, You are searching in wrong direction. It's all about political situation and economics. Just imagine, provinces will separate in 2 months, just separate without any base and future programs. Quebec will start war with Ontario. BC will close borders. Alberta will not provide oil for any other *country* and will move everything to USA because others willn't pay and so on. Will you care about hockey ?

Obviously this is off-topic and it's my fault, so there you go.

I just find it interesting that the fault of Russia's teams not winning anything has nothing to do with their performance on the ice at all.

It's all about socio-economic/political issues.

espo*

malkin is a great young player.However,he and his team were both shut down last night..............badly.it happens folks,no need to get all riled up about it.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
NyQuil said:
Obviously this is off-topic and it's my fault, so there you go.

I just find it interesting that the fault of Russia's teams not winning anything has nothing to do with their performance on the ice at all.

It's all about socio-economic/political issues.

Show some respect man, because it actually is. From what I've heard, after the USSR fell, the funding for sport programs dried up. All the top players and coaches left for the NHL/european leagues. In fact the RSL came close to going bankrupt. It's kind of hard to produce top talent when your hockey infrastructure has no money. Plus, all the NHlers couldn't give a care to play for Russia anymore mainly because old Soviet coaches were still in charge.
Do you think Canadian hockey would have remained at the same level if suddenly nobody in Canada had the money to play? It's also no coincidence that Canada's string of 5 straight WJC happened right after the USSR fell.
From what I gather it's getting better now because big businesses are starting to fund hockey programs. You may not like them, but its a testiment to the Russians that hockey still survives there (and at the highest level) after what happened.

Last edited:

espo*

Zine said:
Show some respect man, because it actually is. From what I've heard, after the USSR fell, the funding for sport programs dried up. All the top players and coaches left for the NHL/european leagues. In fact the RSL came close to going bankrupt. It's kind of hard to produce top talent when your hockey infrastructure has no money. Plus, all the NHlers couldn't give a care to play for Russia anymore mainly because old Soviet coaches were still in charge.
Do you think Canadian hockey would have remained at the same level if suddenly nobody in Canada had the money to play? It's also no coincidence that Canada's string of 5 straight WJC happened right after the USSR fell.
From what I gather it's getting better now because big businesses are starting to fund hockey programs. You may not like them, but its a testiment to the Russians that hockey still survives there (and at the highest level) after what happened.
i agree with nyquil,what does this have to do with them losing last night?.Their economy isn't good? i just saw a team that was'nt as talented as ours,the same as the U.S team.You telling us the U.S does'nt have money?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
cyclops said:
i agree with nyquil,what does this have to do with them losing last night?.Their economy isn't good? i just saw a team that was'nt as talented as ours,the same as the U.S team.You telling us the U.S does'nt have money?

I don't know if it was talent level. They got outplayed on a given night. Plenty of teams lose games,is the losing team always the least talented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad