Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
RallyKiller said:
For as much skill as Malkin has, he is equally as immature. Of course taunting is nothing new from the Russians.

Kind of like how being sore losers is nothing new from the Americans. And if you want immature you can start with Schremp, Johnson, and so on.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Immature? Taunting? Look, US teams both last year and this year is a bunch of cheap shot artists. Someone mentioned right, Malkin was not taunting, he was showing these artists that this is how the game should be played, with goals - not with cheap shots.

It's expected to see the sore losers after such beating, relax, take the loss as a real fan.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Big Phil said:
I dont know if he's better than Crosby though, that's a tough one seeing how he'll do in the NHL is going to be key. I mean Corsby has 45 points in 39 games is on pace for about 100 and has averaged 2 points per game since his Team Canada snub, so lets just wait and see first.

But man oh man, do I ever wish Malkin was Canadian. This is a can't miss prospect. I can already tell he's going to be a superstar in the NHL. I'm not sure how Canada is going to play him tomorrow. I assume Parent and Staal will shadow him. But I'm not so sure that hitting him like we did on Ovechkin last year is going to work, he's pretty big and I dont know if that'll affect him as much, oh well we'll see.
It's going to be tough for Canada to contain Malkin but with Parent/Staal out there and Downie no doubt draped all over him, maybe he'll get thrown off his game. We'll see tomorrow night :)

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
tom_servo said:
Malkin would presumably start out as the second line center.

With #17 and #71 already taken on the team, I wonder if Malkin might have to choose a new number.
78 would be a good one :)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
RallyKiller said:
For as much skill as Malkin has, he is equally as immature. Of course taunting is nothing new from the Russians.

Great player, just immature.

And so it begins . . . ;)

Whines . . . Dives too. I just can not wait to see these boards next year when the 'incredible' Malkin becomes the whining, diving, coach firing, 'A' too soon wearing brat.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Jaded-Fan said:
And so it begins . . . ;)

Whines . . . Dives too. I just can not wait to see these boards next year when the 'incredible' Malkin becomes the whining, diving, coach firing, 'A' too soon wearing brat.
only to the truely great ones! :)

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
It doesn't matter how good the Canadians are or the Americans will be in future international competitions.........The Russians with Players like Oveckchin, Malkin and Kovy are going to be a major headache for any international squad....and what a pleasure it is too watch these great Russian Players...

Can't wait too see more stars coming from Mother Russia!! This is great for Hockey all around!!!

Transported Upstater

I can't stand it when people make cultural generalizations like that.

"Russians do this..."

"Canadians do this..."

"Americans do this..."

All those statements really say is that there are many people from many countries that are complete morons. It is a worldwide human idiocy epidemic, spreading faster than it can be contained.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Regarding the taunting of Malkin and some of the poor sportsmanship by some American players, folks lets not forget these are all just kids!!! Lets cut them some slack.........

I don't care for the way Sydney Crosby is always getting put down either for his complaining and such..........and I say that as a diehard Flyer fan........he is only just a pup........18 years old..........

These kids are the future of the NHL and I am just happy too see such outstanding talent.......and kudos to the Pens for having Crosby and Malkin next year...WOW...

And I Love the way the Russians are looking.......just superb talent....its a beauty to watch for sure....

I expect young kids to taunt and be immature sometimes....they'll grow out of it...

Immaturity doesn't discriminate....every country has their share of bad sports...lets not make a big deal out of it ..........especially when they are so young!!!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
tom_servo said:
Maybe he'll take Ovechkin's number and turn it upside down, like Lemieux did Gretzky's.

I think 8 turned upside down is still 8. However on its side, its an infinity symbol.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
octopi said:
I think 8 turned upside down is still 8.

Well paint my face red!

I like the idea of the infinity symbol, though. How about Greek letters?

Crosby and Malkin. Alpha and Omega.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
WJC should not be used to base ones ‘awesomeness’

Sweden: 1PPG 1PPA 7 shots
Slovakia: 1PPG 1A 4 shots
LAT: 1PPG 6 shots
CZE: 1G 1A 1PPA 6 shots
USA: 2A 2 shots

5 of Malkin’s10 points came on the PP and the competition was weak. 3/4 goals came on the PP.

4 goals on 25 shots is not that impressive for a player that some say is already better then AO and SC without playing a single NHL game.

AO/SC could both reach 100 points with 45+ goals this NHL season.

Malkin does not appear to have the Midus goal scoring touch such as AO/SC/Kovy/Jagr do.

Nothing wrong with being a playmaker as long as you have a linemate who can finish.

Sticking up for his teammates against the Big Bad US Junior team might be fine and dandy but I will reserve judgement until he does the same in the NHL(and is not flattened/slashed/hooked/goon’d or has to fight a NHL heavyweight)

Physically 6'3 185lbs 19 years old is pretty impressive considering that Malkin is not a sloth on his skates.

But in terms of pure skill AO/SC come on top.

The NHL is not the same as the RSL: more games, smaller ice, best D and goalies in the world and is far more physical(dirty, cheep/constant physical punishment) where the players have far less respect for each other.

SC/AO transcended better then most would have thought in their rookie seasons, might be initially unfair to compare Malkin to either player.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Chinaski said:
When Malkin comes to Pittsburgh forget about Crosby. He is going to be the face of that franchise. It's like Tampa Bay today. Everybody see that Richards much more valuable to the team and yet Lecavalier gets all the attention and money. This is a lame comparison maybe, but that won't happen with Malkin. He is clearly better than kid the sid.
Pleeaase, Malkin is not clearly better than Sid the Kid. Until we see Malkin in the NHL, there's no certainty.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Chinaski said:
Yea. Ovechkin has proven he is better than Crosby. To many fans in North America, because in Russia nobody had any doubt about that
No kidding. I'm surprised this quote is coming from a Russian fan.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Metallian said:
First of all....Spezza is amazing, it's not like that prediction is off base

Both players are on pace for 118pts this year, its pretty close. Kovy is obviously better overall though.

And yeah, Ovechkin is not superior to Crosby. Their production is so similar you can't say one is better than the other. The difference between them right now is luck.
Do you realize that Sammy is simply replying to the Russian fanatics who say that Malkin is CLEARLY better than Crosby? Why don't you correct them instead?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Siberian said:
He came out to play PK and to protect his friend and his roomate with a couple of minutes ago regardless of the fact the game was basically over. (Stupid Mcguire will never understand what that is). This guy not only makes his unit much better, I thought he gave the boost to all the other lines.

This is the guy Russia will build its national teams around for a long long time!!!
No wonder you guys are all pissed off at Pierre McGuire; you guys don't understand him at all. Pierre didn't liked to see Malkin "protecting" his friend because if things got nastier and the kid got into a big fight, he could have been suspended. Now you wouldn't want that do you? That was Pierre's whole point. Geez.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
alecfromtherock said:
WJC should not be used to base ones ‘awesomeness’

Sweden: 1PPG 1PPA 7 shots
Slovakia: 1PPG 1A 4 shots
LAT: 1PPG 6 shots
CZE: 1G 1A 1PPA 6 shots
USA: 2A 2 shots

5 of Malkin’s10 points came on the PP and the competition was weak. 3/4 goals came on the PP.

4 goals on 25 shots is not that impressive for a player that some say is already better then AO and SC without playing a single NHL game.

AO/SC could both reach 100 points with 45+ goals this NHL season.

Malkin does not appear to have the Midus goal scoring touch such as AO/SC/Kovy/Jagr do.

Nothing wrong with being a playmaker as long as you have a linemate who can finish.

Sticking up for his teammates against the Big Bad US Junior team might be fine and dandy but I will reserve judgement until he does the same in the NHL(and is not flattened/slashed/hooked/goon’d or has to fight a NHL heavyweight)

Physically 6'3 185lbs 19 years old is pretty impressive considering that Malkin is not a sloth on his skates.

But in terms of pure skill AO/SC come on top.

The NHL is not the same as the RSL: more games, smaller ice, best D and goalies in the world and is far more physical(dirty, cheep/constant physical punishment) where the players have far less respect for each other.

SC/AO transcended better then most would have thought in their rookie seasons, might be initially unfair to compare Malkin to either player.

I would take Malkin over both Crosby and Onechkin without a doubt... matter of fact, if I had both Crosby and Ovechkin, I would trade them both for Malkin. :innocent:

He's such a talent.. I don't give a damn about stats... OK, i wouldn't trade both, but I would trade any of Crosby or Ove for Malkin.

What was the argument between me and Canadian fans in the beggining of the season... Spezza better than Malkin..lol.... as we say in russian, comparing a finger with a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->