Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Steve Latin said:
My guess is that people would say he "lacks hockey sense" and "telegraphs his passes" just like Kordell Stewart.

Evgeni "Slash" Malkin would also prove to be quite ineffective as a center, but would still produce a servicable NHL career alternating between being a powerplay point man and a backup goaltender. Plus an injury fill-in at whatever position is required.

Ogopogo*

Siberian said:
If you say "he skates well" then you probably know very little about skating.

Thank you, perfesser.

A big, powerful, smooth stride looks like skating well to me.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Steve Latin said:
My guess is that people would say he "lacks hockey sense" and "telegraphs his passes" just like Kordell Stewart.

Or somebody would accuse him of not being black enough because he wouldn't do enough end-to-end rushes.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Getting back to the original thread topic i was very impressed with Malkin and cant wait to see how he does in Turin and with the Pens. I believe that he has all the tools to translate to the NHL and will have a very very good career there. He does with his big reach and lanky frame remind me of Mario. I cant however understand why he is considered by some to be better than Crosby or AO yet. I really would like to wait and see them playing in the same league so we are not comparing apples and oranges.

Kovalchuk Malkin Ovechkin.................. What a future for team Russia

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Jaded-Fan said:
His luxurious beard potential would diminish markedly. Thicker bones.

I was just about to post about his beard. You beat me to it...

No seriously, when he grows a beard we can talk about 1st line duties. Untill then, 2nd line...

Hmmmm, but then again... Datsyuk on the first line :huh:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
jcorb58 said:
Kovalchuk Malkin Ovechkin.................. What a future for team Russia

Yeah, but Canada has Kris Draper and his wealth of International Experience

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
TORRUS said:

No seriously, when he grows a beard we can talk about 1st line duties. Untill then, 2nd line...

I didn't even see stuble on him during the close up. He's definately not NHL ready.

Even Crosby grew a mustache for the Memorial Cup

This is why Kessel is going 1st overall....very hairy

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
TORRUS said:

Which Russian center is outperforming Datsyuk right now that would deserve his place? He's a top 15 NHL scorer.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Epsilon said:
Which Russian center is outperforming Datsyuk right now that would deserve his place? He's a top 15 NHL scorer.

Obviously you didn't get the joke. It's a beard conversation right now. And Datsyuk doesn't have a mighty beard, right?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Metallian said:
I didn't even see stuble on him during the close up. He's definately not NHL ready.

Even Crosby grew a mustache for the Memorial Cup

This is why Kessel is going 1st overall....very hairy

Man, why is hockey even bothering with humans. Draft gorilla and get the NHL a true ''next one''!

Ice

Feb 13, 2004
I hate to be the beaer of bad news CSKA but you better read this story. Malkin can't wait to get to Pittsbury and he's yielding the leadership role to Crosby already. Very smart move on his part to send this message already.

Now they just have to figure out how they are going to get on the same line; Crosby is thriving since moving back to center.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2006/01/03/1377077-sun.html

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Just curious what Dumb*** Mcguire had to say about Malkin, I didnt stay awake throughout the whole game...

and relax with the homer statements putting everyplayer down and making Malkin to be a God. From day one I said Malkin would DEFINETLY be better than Ovechkin and he is definetly looking to be the next superior talent in the nhl. Him and Crosby together on the same team will be a sight to see...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Crosby87 said:
Crosby should move back to the wing when Malkin comes over. They would dominate together.
No, Crosby is much better at center.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Malkin would presumably start out as the second line center.

With #17 and #71 already taken on the team, I wonder if Malkin might have to choose a new number.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Steve Latin said:
We saw how mediocre Heatley and other NHLers did in the RSL last year... on an international sized rink, I'd expect Metallurg to blow out Ottawa.

The leagues are just impossible to compare, but rest assured that Malkin HAS proven something so far. Hopefully after the Olympics this type of talk will be put to rest.

Ottawa has its fair share of Europeans and North Americans who could play on big ice and would probably beat Metallurg quite comfortably. That being said, the RSL is vastly underrated and the top RSL clubs could comepete in the NHL better than some of the worse NHL teams.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
CSKA said:
I think he will be the center on the second ! IMO our first line is already in Krikunovs head Kovalev - Datsyk - Kovy/Ovechkin

But i want him on the first for sure !

I would imagine both Datsyuk and Yashin are ahead on the depth chart just because of experience. That being said, the top 3 lines will get almost identical playing time.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Big Phil said:
I dont know if he's better than Crosby though, that's a tough one seeing how he'll do in the NHL is going to be key. I mean Corsby has 45 points in 39 games is on pace for about 100 and has averaged 2 points per game since his Team Canada snub, so lets just wait and see first.

But man oh man, do I ever wish Malkin was Canadian. This is a can't miss prospect. I can already tell he's going to be a superstar in the NHL. I'm not sure how Canada is going to play him tomorrow. I assume Parent and Staal will shadow him. But I'm not so sure that hitting him like we did on Ovechkin last year is going to work, he's pretty big and I dont know if that'll affect him as much, oh well we'll see.

He kinda wobbled but stayed on his feet with the puck when the Americans tried open ice hits on him, then again Canada is better at hitting.

lisario

Feb 10, 2005
tom_servo said:
Malkin would presumably start out as the second line center.

With #17 and #71 already taken on the team, I wonder if Malkin might have to choose a new number.

At the WCs there was a similar number issue, Malkin wore 18.

Randall Graves*

For as much skill as Malkin has, he is equally as immature. Of course taunting is nothing new from the Russians.

Great player, just immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->