Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

octopi said:
I don't know if it was talent level. They got outplayed on a given night. Plenty of teams lose games,is the losing team always the least talented?
true,but talent does have something to do with it.It sure did last night anyway.our guys looked better did'nt they? i dunno,just wondering.Their top players did'nt really match up to our top players is what i'm saying i guess and if that isn't talent,i don't know what is.You can't win without talent.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
cyclops said:
true,but talent does have something to do with it.It sure did last night anyway.our guys looked better did'nt they? i dunno,just wondering.Their top players did'nt really match up to our top players is what i'm saying i guess and if that isn't talent,i don't know what is.You can't win without talent.

Yep, Canada's very talented too. No doubt about it. However, I think they had the better defensive game overall, which is why Russia ended up getting handled like that. Its similar to the '95 finals between the Wings and Jersey....well, a short,less trappy version.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
octopi said:
I don't know if it was talent level. They got outplayed on a given night. Plenty of teams lose games,is the losing team always the least talented?

No, but in the two meetings these two teams had it was Team Russia that was whupped completely, so I'd say it was more than a fluke ;)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
cyclops said:
i agree with nyquil,what does this have to do with them losing last night?.Their economy isn't good? i just saw a team that was'nt as talented as ours,the same as the U.S team.You telling us the U.S does'nt have money?

Nothing to do with last night. I was mainly responding to:

NyQuil said:
Explain to me why the Russians haven't won any kind of senior-level tournament in over 10 years? And barely medalled besides.

NyQuil said:
I just find it interesting that the fault of Russia's teams not winning anything has nothing to do with their performance on the ice at all.

It's all about socio-economic/political issues.

espo*

octopi said:
Yep, Canada's very talented too. No doubt about it. However, I think they had the better defensive game overall, which is why Russia ended up getting handled like that. Its similar to the '95 finals between the Wings and Jersey....well, a short,less trappy version.
Agree,we had the better game plan according to our teams strengths.Still,those talents are skills after all,we tend to forget that sometimes because they are not flashy stuff.Certainly those talents brought to bear won out over the talents the Russians could bring,especially when we mixed it in with some nice goal-scoring and playmaking ability of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad