Malkin the incredible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Wow! One word wow! What a player!
Whoever has seen the game last night USA-Russia will understand that this is a very, very special player in Malkin! Please, no comparisons with anybody else - Malkin is unique! I have no words to describe what this player does on the ice, you have to see it to believe it. Every time he touched the puck the american players had no clue what was going to happen next. What about his defensive plays, steals, backchecks, he was all over the place. Also he has the fire in his eyes, which I hadn't seen last year. He came out to play PK and to protect his friend and his roomate with a couple of minutes ago regardless of the fact the game was basically over. (Stupid Mcguire will never understand what that is). This guy not only makes his unit much better, I thought he gave the boost to all the other lines.

This is the guy Russia will build its national teams around for a long long time!!!

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
100 % agree !

A saw about 7 Metallurg games this year. MALKIN = as you said unique ! :yo:

Bah we waited so long in Russia to have that kind of CENTER ! Finally we have MALKIN ! Im so damn happy , just happy. :bow: :jump:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Best all-round performance by a forward in this tournament since Iginla dominated in Boston in 1996. Yes, Malkin is 19, and a year older than many of the top defencemen in this tournament, but his performance last night was one of the most dominant I've ever seen at the WJC. He stood out every time he was on the ice. He controlled the puck seemingly with ease, showing a smooth stride for such a big man and a deft playmaker's touch. Without the puck, he was strong in the defensive zone and a physical force.

Tournament MVP, and the best player outside of the NHL. He's for real.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
NyQuil said:
He kind of reminds me of Ron Francis, but more physical.

personally i hate this Francis/Lacavalier comparisons. Malkin has more upside IMO a lot more than Lacavalier.

Im so proud that Malkin wears nr 17 ! What a great honor for Kharlamov !

Last edited:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
CSKA said:
personally i hate this Francis/Lacavalier comparisons. Malkin has more upside IMO a lot more than Lacavalier.

I agree. Malkin is far too physical and is much more of a power forward than Francis or Lecavalier were/are.

Plus Malkin fights and sticks up for his teammates, which is more than could be said for Lecavalier who's a known diver.

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
CSKA said:

honor for Kharlamov?

i think it's more a honor for Malkin to wear the number 17.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
SIBIR said:
honor for Kharlamov?

Isn't 17 retired from international tournaments of the Russian national teams? or is that only Olympics?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Yep, everytime he touches the puck you know you're in for a treat. Dosen't matter if its shorthanded or not, you may as well get ready to get on your feet.

Russia with Malkin on the ice >>>>>>>>> Russia.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
SIBIR said:
honor for Kharlamov?

sorry I wanted to say that Kharlamov would be proud that a player like Malkin wears hes nummer :D

Come on Sergei my english is bad you know that :D

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Metallian said:
Isn't 17 retired from international tournaments of the Russian national teams? or is that only Olympics?

Hmmmmm Kovalchuk played with Nr.71 last olympics. Yeah i think 17 retired from international tournaments BUT its a tradition that the Captain of the U20 wears 17 !

Ogopogo*

I had the opportunity to attend two of the Team Russia games in this tournament and, I would say Malkin was imressive but not incredible.

He skates well and has excellent hands but, he does not have the explosive kind of speed that Ovechkin seems to have.

I can see Malkin as a top 10 NHL scorer, possibly even top 5. I was only disappointed at his quickness. To be honest, I haven't seen Ovechkin play - nowhere in Canada can you see a televised Capitals game. The highlights are amazing, his speed looks tremendous.

Malkin will be great but Ovechkin might be greater.

JMHO

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Ogopogo said:
I had the opportunity to attend two of the Team Russia games in this tournament and, I would say Malkin was imressive but not incredible.

He skates well and has excellent hands but, he does not have the explosive kind of speed that Ovechkin seems to have.

I can see Malkin as a top 10 NHL scorer, possibly even top 5. I was only disappointed at his quickness. To be honest, I haven't seen Ovechkin play - nowhere in Canada can you see a televised Capitals game. The highlights are amazing, his speed looks tremendous.

JMHO

What Malkin lacks in speed he makes up for in playmaking ability and vision

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
CSKA said:
Hmmmmm Kovalchuk played with Nr.71 last olympics. Yeah i think 17 retired from international tournaments BUT its a tradition that the Captain of the U20 wears 17 !

I had no idea about this tradition, cool

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Ogopogo said:

JMHO

Hmmmm you should read some other posts ! We already know that Malkin is NOT that explosive BUT .........(read)

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Metallian said:
Plus Malkin fights and sticks up for his teammates, which is more than could be said for Lecavalier who's a known diver.
I've seen Lecavalier fight on a few occasions but I think Malkin will be a better player in the NHL

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Ogopogo said:

JMHO

He isn't explosive... he is effortless. I also had the opportunity to attend several Russia games and from what I saw one second Malkin is on a relaxed skate then a second and a few effortless long strides later (and a deke or not) he is past the defender(s).

Ovechkin was never this good at a World Juniors, Malkin is absolutely effortlessly better than him, a little remeniscent of the Soviet greats of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad