Proposal: Making a Hockey Trade

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
This team entered the season worse than the team that finished last season,a #2C and a #2D are nowhere on this roster.

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
just can`t see it happening, one is on almost a PPG pace, the other is, well, Jake, a guy who teases you for a game or two then goes into hibernation for a dozen following, it`ll take way more than Jake to get the Kraken to trade Eberle IMO

Eberle is a much better player right now... so I doubt it. I dont think Eberle is going anywhere anytime soon either

Debrusk value is tanked. I think the best you could get for him is Foegele type player

I think you guys are overstating Eberle’s value. He is coming off 3 consecutive seasons of 40 points or less, he’s over 30 and signed for 3 more years at $5m. That’s a risky contract to take on. I doubt he brings back ‘almost a point per game’ value.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bottom 6 trade, wonder if Vegas takes Curtis Lazar, maybe add rights to Cehlarik for Chandler Stephenson? They will be looking to shed salary, Lazar makes 800K and is a FA after the season.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bottom 6 trade, wonder if Vegas takes Curtis Lazar, maybe add rights to Cehlarik for Chandler Stephenson? They will be looking to shed salary, Lazar makes 800K and is a FA after the season.
THEE Petr Cehlarik? Can't see him being of any value to any team, to be honest.

That said... Chandler Stephenson might be a good target, although probably buying high at him... he's PPG this season so far...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
reilly & forbort for a decent D man.
how about Marc Giordano from Seattle.

Forebert is not Bruins problem he has played well.Reilly on other hand is redundant with Grezlyck already there.Could use some jam out of that spot unless your getting a bona-fide top 4 guy.A big Bruins issue is 4.8 million in healthy scratches or minors like Reilly, Wagner and Moore.Add 5 million for a backup goalie and well you get the picture .I would be afraid to make a trade with decisions like this going on.

Last edited:

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
You would give up Lysell before you gave up this years first ?

Not a snowball chance in hell here. I think Sweeney moves this years first again, He's established a pattern ever other year. He trades away a first round pick for either a player who's about to retire or to dump a salary of a player, who doesn't have the talent to play in the NHL anymore.
That was only IF the Hertl trade happened as well. No chance I would even move Lysell for a rental anyways it was just because I couldn’t use this years upcoming 1st because in my proposal it was already used for Hertl. My proposal was more of a joke if anything not really something that I want to exactly happen.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
reilly & forbort for a decent D man.
how about Marc Giordano from Seattle.

Trade 2 guys you signed to 3 year contracts in FA this summer 13 games into the season. That won't have ramifications.

Then go for a 38 year old on his last year of contract. I mIght be interested in Giordano at the deadline for the right price, although I assume someone will pay way to much for him. And if I am paying way to much I need to get people who can be part of the future

Reactions: Ritmo

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Going to be interesting to see what Sweeney does. He either will find replacements for Debrusk or Clifton because I highly doubt he admits his own offseason mistake and brings in a LHD.

It’s gotta be eating him up though that management wanted to get more bottom 6 scoring and foligno, haula and nosek have combined for two goals.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think you gotta make trades with the following roster in mind:

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-XXXX
Foligno-Haula-Smith
Frederic- Nosek-Lazar
Steen/Blidh

XXXX-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-XXXX
Zboril-Clifton

Rask(Jan)
Swayman

That leaves:
1. Debrusk- won't be the main piece to get what we need, just part of a package
2. Ullmark- doesn't look good trading a goalie right after you sign him long term but a team like Edmonton may entice him to waive that NMC and Swayman needs to be up and we all should want Rask back, he deserves one more shot to get a cup with the boys
3. Reilly- limited value but isn't a fit here.......the LD needs some bite and/or more top end talent
4. Studnicka- not sure where his value sits
5. Lysell- I only move him if its for the guy who's going to play with McAvoy long term
6. 1st rounder 2022- This is the toss up I have, move Lysell or the 1st

Targets:
1. 1LD- Hampus Lindholm: what a stud to bring in to play with McAvoy, upcoming UFA, that could be one where we dangle Lysell if we're granted permission to gage whether Lindolm would sign an extension with us

2. 2RW- Vald Tarasenko: talk about a top 6, major concern is health but what trigger man for Hall to play with

Current Roster Salary Out: Debrusk + Reilly + Ullmark =11.675 million plus + picks +prospects
New Roster Salary In: Lindholm + Tarasenko= 12.7

Leaves us with enough space to sign Rask, depth 3RD, and maybe a veteran for the 4th line

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Seattle already has too many D. They’re not going to want a 2 for 1.

Wonder if B's could make a deal around an extended Lindholm for Carlo plus, plus.

Unfortunately, Anaheim is off to a good start and looks like a PO team in the WCF. Their D corp has a lot of talent and Gibson is a good goalie. If Terry breaks out this year and Zegras starts producing they will be
buyer, not sellers.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was good with Ullmark but part of me felt Swayman was the starting goalie. Should have stuck with Vlad as back up.

Thinking Bruins will look to trade Smith, Reilly, with some draft/prospect bait like a Lauko.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think you gotta make trades with the following roster in mind:

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-XXXX
Foligno-Haula-Smith
Frederic- Nosek-Lazar
Steen/Blidh

XXXX-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Forbort-XXXX
Zboril-Clifton

Rask(Jan)
Swayman

That leaves:
1. Debrusk- won't be the main piece to get what we need, just part of a package
2. Ullmark- doesn't look good trading a goalie right after you sign him long term but a team like Edmonton may entice him to waive that NMC and Swayman needs to be up and we all should want Rask back, he deserves one more shot to get a cup with the boys
3. Reilly- limited value but isn't a fit here.......the LD needs some bite and/or more top end talent
4. Studnicka- not sure where his value sits
5. Lysell- I only move him if its for the guy who's going to play with McAvoy long term
6. 1st rounder 2022- This is the toss up I have, move Lysell or the 1st

Targets:
1. 1LD- Hampus Lindholm: what a stud to bring in to play with McAvoy, upcoming UFA, that could be one where we dangle Lysell if we're granted permission to gage whether Lindolm would sign an extension with us

2. 2RW- Vald Tarasenko: talk about a top 6, major concern is health but what trigger man for Hall to play with

Current Roster Salary Out: Debrusk + Reilly + Ullmark =11.675 million plus + picks +prospects
New Roster Salary In: Lindholm + Tarasenko= 12.7

Leaves us with enough space to sign Rask, depth 3RD, and maybe a veteran for the 4th line

Going to take a lot more than Hampus Lindholm to move Lysell.

Reactions: inactive user

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Now people do not freak out but I would try Debrusk plus Reilly for Ben Chiarot. He can hit, has some size and gets involved. He currently makes 3.5 mil.

Would also clear up some cap space as Reilly and Debrusk are using up 6.675 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00