LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
I think its a similar to situation to Stamkos' rookie yr. Just let him find his way. Some comments are accurate but the speed, talent, scoring ability are obvious. He could easily have a few more goals already. Its really a process of finding out what works and what doesnt. There is nothing to be gained by going back to Windsor.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
No, god no, please god no, No.

He's staying with the Oilers. Its been said many times, especially from Tom Renney and management.

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
Dont lock it, only because of the hilarity that will ensure in march or April when someone bumps this and Hall is doing more than just fine.

boozeash

Apr 19, 2007
Ottawa
I've always been a big Hall fan. He has already accomplished everything at the Junior level. I knew since the first game vs the Flames this season that he would be just fine. Hall, Eberle, and Pajarrvi haven't looked out of place at all in any of the several Oiler games i've watched this season. The fact that he wasn't producing too much was a little surprising, but the fact that the goals and points are starting to come are not surprising at all. His speed, hands, strength, shot, playmaking ability, and determination will ensure he will be an elite player at the NHL level sooner than later. Another thing, Hall remained confident during his scoring slump, and i can only imagine he's a lot more confident now as a result of his recent success. This can only equal increased scoring production. It's a little early to be writting this kid off and questioning whether he should be in this league. Mark my words, He will score at least 20 goals, and at least 50 points this season. I don't think that is too bold of a prediction.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Taylor Hall a center?

For spitfire fans or those who watched spitfire games regularly. How often did Taylor Hall play center in Windsor and when he did, how did he look?

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Every Spits game I watched Henrique was at C. Hall would only take draws when Henrique was tossed out.

He's a natural winger, think of Bure trying to play C.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Every Spits game I watched Henrique was at C. Hall would only take draws when Henrique was tossed out.

He's a natural winger, think of Bure trying to play C.

Actually, Hall played center before his OHL/Windsor days.

Because the Spitfires had a wealth of centers when he came into the league, he was then deployed as a winger.

------------
Chris Ralph

*Prospects/draft analyst at The Hockey Writers (THW). My archives at THW: http://thehockeywriters.com/author/cralph/

*Breakaway Talent/The Hockey Spy - focusing on the future of hockey - the prospects and the entry draft.
http://hockeyspy.blogspot.com
"The future of hockey revealed...right here, right now."

h0us3b0y

Jun 7, 2009
Taylor Hall = 60 points

As of Friday 1/3 of the season will be done and the way Hall is playing he should have atleast 20 points if he keeps that pace he should have atleast 60 to 70 points by season end what do you think

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
The way I see it is

50-70 points..

Next year He'll really break out though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's currently on pace for 47 points (including 28 goals), but he's also looking like he's finally adjusting to the league, so that pace might pick up a bit. So I think it's realistic now to expect between 55 to 60 points from him.

h0us3b0y

Jun 7, 2009
he slumped at the begining of the season but now hes found his scoring touch and him Eberle and Horcoff have mad chem i really think he could get 60 to 70 points Kane had 72 in his rookie season and i think down the road Hall will be a better player

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kid's been playing really great lately, but no need to put undue pressure on him.

50 points or so as a rookie would be more than fine. Anything more would just be icing on the cake.

The Oilers have a terrible powerplay which makes it harder for Taylor to rack up easy points as well. 8 of his 9 goals are at even strength for example.

On the plus side I think he's on pace for the most even strength goals as a rookie since Ovechkin.

BLAME CANADA*

Players have high and low parts of the season, I won't bet on Hall getting 60-70pts that's a lot!. He has the skills to do it but I wouldn't bet on it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hall = 15 points in 26 games.

It's not fair to take just a hot streak (14 points in 19 games) and pro-rate that for the entire season. Especially for an 18 year old rookie. He's going to go through more stretches where he puts up nothing for many games at a time.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Him and Eberle are gonna benefit so much from each other as the years go on. He's got unreal speed with a great release and linemate that drips hockey sense. Special kinda player, kind of a unique winger from a Canadian stand point IMO.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It's not unusual for players to pick up their point pace when they've been eliminated from playoff contention.

amit916

Oct 5, 2010
Whoa whoa...you all have it wrong...going by the last 3 players I picked up, Hall is going to get injured on Saturday... It's fool proof!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad