LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Guy deserved to be sent back immediately...but won't.

this. creating numerous scoring chances shift in and shift out just isnt worth anything if you arent scoring. and even when u are scoring scoring is just overrated. he deserved to be sent back during the first cuts of prospect camp.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Guy deserved to be sent back immediately...but won't.

Did you seriously just sign up to these forums to pimp Niederreiter? Most of your recent posts have either been calling him the best player in the 2010 draft, or being derogatory to anyone else drafted in that draft class. :shakehead

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So.... through the first period tonight another 1g 1a for Hall, 5 points in 8 1/3 games.

Eberle and Paajarvi both have 2 points each also tonight.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
As a Canucks fan, I wouldn't mind seeing a Taylor Hall-less Oilers in our division. Unfortunately, there's zero possibility or need for this to happen based on his play that I've seen. Hall's fine where he is. In 40-50 games it'll be more apparent if he's in over his head.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Yea i think most people thought if he got his first, the flood gates would open. Considering how goods hes been when you watch him, this is really no surprise

cyril*

Definately no! He is NHL ready, he just hasn't put up the numbers.

And thats coming from a Flames fan.

Paajarvi on the other hand isn't.

Paajarvi has the same number of goals as Iginla and one less point in one less game.

Yet, he's not ready? :help:

Cephalusc

Nov 21, 2006
Paajarvi has the same number of goals as Iginla and one less point in one less game.

Yet, he's not ready? :help:

Ah yes, a good old stats based argument.

Paajarvi may have good stats to start off, but I can see this guy going stone-cold (1 or 2 points in 20 games) soon.

If someone brushes him, he gives up the puck. He looks like a boy playing with men. As expected, he's had some bursts where the talent is obvious, but for the most part he's getting out-muscled and out-played.

cyril*

Paajarvi may have good stats to start off, but I can see this guy going stone-cold (1 or 2 points in 20 games) soon.

If someone brushes him, he gives up the puck. He looks like a boy playing with men. As expected, he's had some bursts where the talent is obvious, but for the most part he's getting out-muscled and out-played.

You need to check your eyes obviously.

Good luck with that.

HemskyToHall*

Iginilol is the cherry picker at the blue line here.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
So now that he isn't getting sent back are we going to continue to bump every time he gets a point?

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006

Yes. Not nearly as credible as the "throwing crap at a wall and see what sticks" argument that you've provided.

Parise09*

How did you come up with this?

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005

I can summarize this "argument" thusly:

"I think he's going to be bad because I think he's going to be bad."

The logic is flawless.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
damn a rookie could possibly have a scoring drought? Who would have thought

OilersaretheMcBest

Jun 3, 2006
Oil Country, AB, Can

Clearly you haven't been watching him play. He seems confident and relaxed and way more mature then his age would indicate. It might be because he has been playing with men for the last 3 seasons. I don't know what you've been watching but im just assuming your a sour flames fan pissed cause his organization was ranked 30th for prospects.

Cephalusc

Nov 21, 2006
Like I said, he looks like a boy playing with men. He's not strong on the puck. He's easy to hit. I don't think he can handle playing a full NHL season at this point, and therefore, I think he's going to fall off the map for a long period of time mid season.

But ya, great replies! I wish I could compete with the oh-so-insightful counter arguments of "crap against a wall" and "Iginla is a cherry picker".

I guess no one can make predictions around here without getting **** thrown at them.

I'm sorry if any of you took that as on insult to one of the Oilers' "super rookies".

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Didn't read much of the thread but he definitely belongs in the NHL at this point. Besides his goal tonight against the Hawks, he was solid and flying all over the ice. Seems to be solid in every aspect of the game and can keep up with the best of him. Any person thinking he belongs in the CHL is foolish, IMO.

Cephalusc

Nov 21, 2006
Clearly you haven't been watching him play. He seems confident and relaxed and way more mature then his age would indicate. It might be because he has been playing with men for the last 3 seasons. I don't know what you've been watching but im just assuming your a sour flames fan pissed cause his organization was ranked 30th for prospects.

:shakehead ya I really care what HF says about the Flames' prospects. If you read my earlier posts I said Paajarvi has "obvious talent" and that Hall is clearly NHL ready. Apparently that qualifies as a bitter Flames fan...

Playing with men in Sweden vs. in the NHL is completely different. They play a different style over there.

I've watched every Oilers game this season, except for one that over lapped with a Flames game.

This is what separates HF from other hockey boards, you can't give an opinion without it degenerating into a personal argument. If I disagree with you, you just write it off as a "sour" Flames fan.

OILNATION*

Pajaarvi and Hall are two of our better players... There's 10 guys I'd send down to juniors before them.. The problem is they are too old. If you think they should be in juniors you obviously don't watch the Oilers too often.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall's game has taken a step up ever since the game vs. Minnesota last week. He didn't score in that game, but he was dominant, all over the ice, generating offense practically every time he touched the puck.

Now the points are starting to come for him, 2 goals and 2 assists in both of the last two games plus he has good chemistry with Eberle and why the hell would the Oilers even dream of disrupting that?

His curve is likely to be similar to Stamkos' early development, they're similar kinds of players (speed based, razzle dazzle, run n' gun style of play).

One thing Renney I think is guilty of though is not playing Hall on the PP with Hemsky (the best passer on the team) ... 5 on 4 with more space/time to operate is the perfect way for Hall to develop even faster as his confidence builds -- look out.

All three of the Oiler kids have shown they deserve to stay.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I was of the opinion that Hall should go down for the rest of the season, but then I listened to Mike Milbury on HNIC radio yesterday and they were discussing the topic. He said just ask yourself one question, "what does he have to gain by going down?"

Milbury went on, usually you send a guy back so he can dominate and build up his skill level, but Hall has already dominated for 3 years at that level. He said the only thing he has to gain by going down now is the ability to pick up bad habits because it is below his level playing there.

Keep him up, I remember the same conversation about Stamkos a few years ago. That has worked out ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad