LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Day three of the Ontario Hockey League Showcase Tournament started off with a bang as Taylor Hall put on a scoring display. The Kingston forward scored six goals including the game winning goal to lead the Predators to a convincing 7-2 victory.

In 3 games he has 10 points.

Anyone know anything about him?

Taylor Carnevale from Mississauga leads the tournament with 12 points on 6 goals.

turnbuckle*

Day three of the Ontario Hockey League Showcase Tournament started off with a bang as Taylor Hall put on a scoring display. The Kingston forward scored six goals including the game winning goal to lead the Predators to a convincing 7-2 victory.

In 3 games he has 10 points.

Anyone know anything about him?

Taylor Carnevale from Mississauga leads the tournament with 12 points on 6 goals.

He was pretty highly regarded by the Canucks after his 140-point season with the Regina Pats back in the early 80's.

Unfortunately he blew out his knee at the start of the next season with the Canucks, and was never the same player.

Is the OHL Showcase some sort of senior tournament?;)

CorsiCounter

Sep 1, 2006
I used to play hockey with Taylor when he was in Bantam in Calgary as an underage. He was one of our leading scorers. Good offensive skills and was fairly fast. He was a little like Lecavalier.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
my friends coach taylor and I ve scouted him probably 30 games this year. He plays the game like Pavel Bure... His speed is unreal.... and he can make his moves at top speed , which is rare for this age... attitude has been questioned... but the kid loves to play.... He could be a top 5 pick in this years OHL draft...

he's also very strong on the puck.... a total game breaker

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Taylor Hall

Anyone else think this kid is a rediculous hockey player?

I believe his draft is 3yrs away, he's a late 91 (November 14th bday).

He's got 25pts (16g 9a) in 27 games for the Spits.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Yep, he's definitely gonna be dynamite if all goes smoothly until his draft year rolls around. Just an offensive machine. He'll be getting lots of press soon enough; he already is, at this early stage.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Yep, he's definitely gonna be dynamite if all goes smoothly until his draft year rolls around. Just an offensive machine. He'll be getting lots of press soon enough; he already is, at this early stage.

I was just watching them stomp Kingston, he continues to impress me with his speed and skill.

He plays so well at such a young age.

giovanni

May 14, 2007
Anyone else think this kid is a rediculous hockey player?

I believe his draft is 3yrs away, he's a late 91 (November 14th bday).

He's got 25pts (16g 9a) in 27 games for the Spits.

so he goes in 2009 or 2010?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
so he goes in 2009 or 2010?

I thought it was:

08 draft: late 89's, 90
09 draft: late 90's, 91
10 draft: late 91's, 92s

Seeing as he's a late 91 (birthday in November) my guess is he's a 2010. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I thought it was:

08 draft: late 89's, 90
09 draft: late 90's, 91
10 draft: late 91's, 92s

Seeing as he's a late 91 (birthday in November) my guess is he's a 2010. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually think his birthday is December, but yes, I believe he's '10 eligible.

Canuck71*

He is a hell of a hockey player, I believe Don Cherry mentioned that this kid could be the next kind of Vincent Lecavalier type player.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I watched this kid probably 50 times in minor midget ... he's one of the better skaters in the CHL at the age of 15.. (just turned 16 actually) he can stickhandle at top speed and has a laser of a wrist shot... he's growing and should fill out to about 6"2 190 when all is said and done .... his dad is about that size (he played in the CFL)... he needs to work on his defensive game but he's improved since last year.... he's got the Bure skill set with greater size... should be a 55-60 pts guy this year as a 16 year old.... I think he could be a top 5 pick in 2010

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Taylor Hall on Coach's Corner, your opinion on him

Yeah I know a lot has been written on this kid already but this was the first time I actually saw a highlight package of him. 45 goals and 85 points with a +40 is amazing. Considering the kid turned 16 in November. I was stunned to see his speed displayed. But I still cant get over his numbers. He put up more points than Tavares did in his first year, same with Spezza. He is not much older than either one of them. Cherry loves displaying the young talent as we know but my question on him is right now is he a favourite to go #1 overall in 2010?

Canuck71*

I dont know how he wouldent be the favourite to go 1st overall in 2010. These are some pretty incredible number to put up for a kid that isnt eligible for another 2 years.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I dont know how he wouldent be the favourite to go 1st overall in 2010. These are some pretty incredible number to put up for a kid that isnt eligible for another 2 years.

I agree, he has NHL written all over him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad