LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

OvenChicken8

Sep 9, 2010
Edmonton
Absolutely he could. The kid has adapted very well and is just getting better. Like thalegion said, there are bound to be some lulls but the kid is just full of talent and will. I would be surprised if he didn't hit at least 50-55 points this year.

Canuck71*

If he puts up between 45-60 points it will be seen as a great season. The fact that he's starting to do it consistently on a very young team that is right near the bottom of the standings in phenomenal. He's going to break up next year much like Stamkos did.

HemskyToHall*

I would be shocked if he doesn't hit the 55ish mark. He is already a top 6 winger and is playing like one.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I could see it. He's a really good player and I expect him to pick it up as the season progresses. He'll certainly have a few rough stretches, though.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hall = 15 points in 26 games.

It's not fair to take just a hot streak (14 points in 19 games) and pro-rate that for the entire season. Especially for an 18 year old rookie. He's going to go through more stretches where he puts up nothing for many games at a time.

I don't even consider it a hot streak. We're talking about a 18 game run of points (albeit, moreso lately) versus a 7 game stretch where he was generating chances at a rate that matches or surpasses anyone else on the team with nothing finding the net.

I do think 60 points is reachable, because for a player who drives the net and exudes confidence, a cold stretch is 3 points in 10 games and a hotstreak is 10 points in 10 games.

IMO, he's more equipped to score as an 18-19 year old than Tavares or Stamkos were.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
60 would be a great bonus, but 50 is more than fine with me...definitely a good start to his career

I just wish our PP wasn't so awful...the kid has to generate nearly all his production and chances ES (though, it's a good thing to learn how to produce early on at ES...that way, when the PP is good it will all be a bonus :laugh:)

startainfection*

last year tavares had 19 point in the first 21 games

did tavares score 74 points?

he wasnt even close, rookies aren't consistent and hall will prob go into a slump too

crazyaces*

Hall will likely finish in the 40-50 point range with 20+ goals

I think that is more realistic.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
now that Hemsky and Horcoff are out long term everyone's ice time will be increased whether they like or not and considering Hall has looked like he can handle it (although I'm sure he'll have another slump or two, probably sometime in mid January or February) he'll have more of an opportunity to put up points, plus he looks like he's just hitting his stride right now after a rough start. I think 60 points is a stretch but 25 goals and 50 points can be done I think.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
He may go through a cold patch but 60 points would exceed my prediction. I thought he'd score about 40-50 points.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
20 goals/50 points would make for a very good season. I have to give him credit though...on a shift to shift basis he's been our most dangerous player for a could weeks. Right now he's playing amazing and I don't think he needs to keep up this high level of play to hit 50-60 points.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
45 and 20 goals would make me quite happy. He's going to hit a cold streak, it's inevitable, he's an 18 year old rookie. There is no escaping the wall. He will have lots of powerplay time in these next 25 games I'm thinking so we'll see how he uses it. His play has only indicated improvement thus far, very encouraging.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
I don't even consider it a hot streak. We're talking about a 18 game run of points (albeit, moreso lately) versus a 7 game stretch where he was generating chances at a rate that matches or surpasses anyone else on the team with nothing finding the net.

I do think 60 points is reachable, because for a player who drives the net and exudes confidence, a cold stretch is 3 points in 10 games and a hotstreak is 10 points in 10 games.

IMO, he's more equipped to score as an 18-19 year old than Tavares or Stamkos were.

Haha, dude. I am a gigantic Oilers fan, but you need to get your eyes checked for short-sightedness or something if you don't consider what he is having a hot streak.

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
I'll say it now Seguin will outscore Hall by game 82. Now that Savard is back he is playing with Seguinn and their timing is a little off but i see the combo breaking out some points in the near future.

Barzilla

Sep 16, 2009
Dirty O
I'll say it now Seguin will outscore Hall by game 82. Now that Savard is back he is playing with Seguinn and their timing is a little off but i see the combo breaking out some points in the near future.

i disagree, i dont see anyway in hell Seguin will outscore Hall this year. Seguin has not adjusted the way Hall has. But then again Duchene didnt adapt well a the beginning and then outscored Tavares so maybe youre right.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
At least the "bad team" was able to beat Calgary this season unlike a certain team from the Eastern Conference. ;)

Ya, check where your at in the standings again...

oh btw Calgary beat Edmonton 2/3 times this year.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Hall just needs to assert his domination more often. Yesterday he decided to walk around like 2 Anaheim dmen, almost scored a HON goal.

Then big Andy Sutton tried to hit him along the boards and ended up on his ass. He didnt miss either, he hit him straight on and fell on his ass, which made Taylor Hall go to Andy and beak him lol

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
a top 6 winger in a bad team.

I think you're underrating his contributions out there. Hall might not light it up every night, hot streak or not, but the kid is playing with confidence and he's an impact player when he's on the ice. Of all of Edmonton's forwards last night, it was Hall that probably had me worried the most, especially with the likes of Sutton who seems about as mobile as a cinderblock.

I think you have to take that for what it is - a young kid who plays a real good game, and who can put up respectable numbers in his first year.

nvan97

Jun 20, 2008
Edmonton
This thread is a great example of Oiler fans trying not to come across too excited. Opposing teams are already putting their top d against him when he is out. He is the best forward on the Oilers and I would be surprised if he didn't hit 60 points. I watch a significant amount of hockey and Taylor Hall is already one of the best one on one players in the league. If the opposing team gives him too much room he rips a deadly shot and if they play him too closely he just skate by them. At least once a game he just skates past a defenceman for a great chance on net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->