LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
a top 6 winger in a bad team.

First of all, he would be a top 6 winger on your team and your team isn't that good, I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs.....again. Plus you guys have been rebuilding for a while now, Stamkos, Hedman, Connolly etc. You guys got a number 1 centermen, a number 1 defencemen and yet you still cant seem to make the playoffs. So I honestly don't get why you would say atop 6 winger on a bad team when your team sucks to :laugh:

HemskyToHall*

First of all, he would be a top 6 winger on your team and your team isn't that good, I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs.....again. Plus you guys have been rebuilding for a while now, Stamkos, Hedman, Connolly etc. You guys got a number 1 centermen, a number 1 defencemen and yet you still cant seem to make the playoffs. So I honestly don't get why you would say atop 6 winger on a bad team when your team sucks to :laugh:

:facepalm:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The way he's rolling now I'm expecting about 25 goals, maybe 55 points. For anyone that hasn't watched Hall this season he was creating chances in every game leading up to his current streak. He could have had multi-goal games before he scored his first goal, bad puck luck and just being a kid getting a grip on being in the NHL were a factor.

I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30+ goals though honestly and that's not just me being a homer. I try to to stay objective when it comes to predictions with my team. We haven't had a true star in a while and we've been missing the playoffs for a while so my expectations are tempered.

The thing about Hall is the kid never quits and you can tell he absolutely hates losing.. I know everyone in the NHL is competitive but he's at another level. He just never says die. Everything he did in Windsor was an example of this and now he's starting to carry over that swagger into the NHL.

So 60 points isn't out of reach. I don't expect it but it wouldn't surprise me.

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
I just don't know about Tay Tay's consistency. If he plays like this for another 15-20 games then I'll be a believer. Until then, I don't think he has the consistency to top 60 this season. Perhaps next year he can develop consistency and score around 70 points or more,

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
I don't know if its just me, but whenever I've watched Taylor Hall this season I've gotten flashes of Pavel Bure. The kid is just so damn fast and has some awesome one on one moves.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
I am not sure if Hall will get the assists to have a 60pt season, but I wouldn't say it is out of the realm of possibility that he gets 30 goals.

I predicted Hall would get 25G - 30A - 55PTS so I will stick with that; however, I think 20+ Goals is a successful rookie season for any forward.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I am not sure if Hall will get the assists to have a 60pt season, but I wouldn't say it is out of the realm of possibility that he gets 30 goals.

I predicted Hall would get 25G - 30A - 55PTS so I will stick with that; however, I think 20+ Goals is a successful rookie season for any forward.

Good call, he's been making plays but both Eberle and Horcoff (who is now hurt) haven't really sniped too many this year. They've both gotten goals just not really sniping it. I also think that it's more likely that he pots 30 than gets 60 points, however I wouldn't bet against him hitting both especially if our PP gets going.

Parise09*

And everyone blames Oiler fans for overrating their own players. SEE it's not us, we are more conservative after years of disappointment, and it's the fans of other teams that put these expectations on Hall (and Eberle)

Parise09*

I don't know if its just me, but whenever I've watched Taylor Hall this season I've gotten flashes of Pavel Bure. The kid is just so damn fast and has some awesome one on one moves.

Didn't Bure play more of a finesse game? Hall plays more aggressively, but yeah both were/are incredibly fast.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Oh, Hall will probably be competing with Sid and Stamkos in points next season, no big deal boys.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
40g 30a for 70 pts. Something like that is still expectable.

Those are some very lofty expectations for this season, if he can muster up that kind of production as a rookie he'd have to be thought of as one of the games truly elite talents. IMO 30 is possible, if he scores 40 that would be unreal.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Hall has seemingly already been able to make some adjustments to the NHL game. For the past 2-3 weeks, he's been one of the best Oiler forwards every night.

rays

Dec 9, 2008
Toronto
50-60 pts is reasonable, especially because he's really picked up his play lately. I agree that he is on a hot-streak right now, but I also think that he is just playing better overall. On most nights, he is the best player on the Oilers. He is noticable on almost every shift. He probably won't keep up the pace he has over the past 15 games, but he will be a lot better than he was in his first 10.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
50-60 pts is reasonable, especially because he's really picked up his play lately. I agree that he is on a hot-streak right now, but I also think that he is just playing better overall. On most nights, he is the best player on the Oilers. He is noticable on almost every shift. He probably won't keep up the pace he has over the past 15 games, but he will be a lot better than he was in his first 10.
That's the thing, he may be hot right now but he probably doesn't need to produce at this level to hit 50-60 points.

Hall needs 40 points in the next 55 games to hit 55 points. That means he needs to play at a 59 point pace for the rest of the season. He's played at a 66 point pace the last 10 games. So he could cool down a little and still be able to hit 50 points.

Also, he needs 16 goals in the next 55 games to hit 25 goals. That's a 24 goal pace for the rest of the season. Over the last 10 games he's produced at a 55 goal pace. So yes, he's hot right now but he could slow down to half the pace he's been at to put up very good numbers.

JA

The Mysterious "Allstate Commercial Kid": Is He Related to Taylor Hall?

The kid at 0:06 (left) has always bothered me because of his likeness to Taylor Hall. Obviously, they aren't the same person, but I wonder if he's at all related or if it's just a coincidence that they look freakishly alike. He looks like he could be Hall's sister, especially with the hair -- a female Taylor Hall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Ho-Sang sighting. Nice. I like that commercial a lot... Made me kinda mad because I miss playing hockey.

Such a fun sport. All-state makes the best commercials too (I'm very critical of them as a Marketing/Advertising student).

As for the question feminine looks ≠ relation to Taylor Hall :laugh:

JA

Ho-Sang sighting. Nice. I like that commercial a lot... Made me kinda mad because I miss playing hockey.

Such a fun sport. All-state makes the best commercials too (I'm very critical of them as a Marketing/Advertising student).

As for the question feminine looks ≠ relation to Taylor Hall :laugh:

I don't know. He's got the same thin eyebrows and the same sort of face as Hall.

(below is Hall)
taylor-hall.jpg

hall22.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad