LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I know a few of you Russian posters sometimes have updates to us on the other side of the pond.

Obviously statistically speaking, Kirill is doing great. But, is he actually performing as well as his stats indicate? Or has he been lucky?

There is no such thing as luck:sarcasm:

He's playing on a top line of a bad team, so his stats are slightly inflated compard to his peers due to a lot of ice time and PP time. Their whole top line is 10-15 points behind the league leaders though. Bad team.

Nonetheless his performance is impressive at such young age.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He's benefiting from playing time on that line which moves the puck so well together like Mozyakin-Zaripov-Kovar. A true soviet styled line - speed, skill and great passing. Just go watch Kazakovs goal from today.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's benefiting from playing time on that line which moves the puck so well together like Mozyakin-Zaripov-Kovar. A true soviet styled line - speed, skill and great passing. Just go watch Kazakovs goal from today.

Yeah, but he's still a 18 year old, and I doubt this line would be this good without him.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Yeah, but he's still a 18 year old, and I doubt this line would be this good without him.

Never said it wouldn't. But if more coaches gave instructed their players to play this way, its possible we'd see more great hockey like this, as Larionov has pointed out in his recent (summer) interview

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, right now the question is will Kaprizov set a new RSL/KHL record for 18-19 yo? Right now it's Malkin's with 12+20 in 53 games. Kaprizov is 8+13 in 37. With Stoa traded it's going to be hard, but still...

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Is he close to NHL ready ?

Not quiet. For his size he needs to be even quicker and stronge. He needs to finish better.

He seems crafty and smart, but all the other things will take some more time.

If he were to play on a strong KHL team (like Ovi and Malkin played in their days) his stats would be worse for sure.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Playing on a worse team does not necessarily make your stats better. Look at Gusev and his statistical improvement after the move to SKA.

KHL stats are notoriously difficult to read. It's not as cut-and-dry as good team v bad team.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Playing on a worse team does not necessarily make your stats better. Look at Gusev and his statistical improvement after the move to SKA.

KHL stats are notoriously difficult to read. It's not as cut-and-dry as good team v bad team.

I agree, it gives a player more opportunities to evolve. But in case of proven superstars they can beat out tough competition (clubs like Dinamo and Magnitka) at young age and produce.

Would Kaprizov beat the competition in the first place? Not sure about that

Recent one comes to mind is Nichushkin, he forced his way onto a very strong Traktor by playing great in Chelmet and produced after.

Gusev has been great, but he needs more time like Panarin did to really evolve into a great player.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Regardless no one really thinks that Kaprizov is on par with Malkin/Ovechkin because of the numbers. But he might be as good as Kucherov if he develops well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Considering some assists he's done this season, Kaprizov has a very good IQ and vision, which is pretty remarkable for his age. He doesn't fear to go in tough places like in front of the goal, so some of his goals were kinda garbage. He usually think quicker, than defensemen, which is a good sign as well. He isn't very fast, but agile, and his shot could be better.

When I see him, I actually think of Sergey Samsonov. They even look similar. Samsonov started to produce pretty early in the Soviet league, and even won Calder, after he moved to NA, but by some reason he didn't become a star.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Is there questions about his interest in playing in the NHL? His stats have always been impressive, was there any other factors other then size that scared teams off?

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Regardless no one really thinks that Kaprizov is on par with Malkin/Ovechkin because of the numbers. But he might be as good as Kucherov if he develops well.

If Wild can get even Kucerovesque out of Kaprizov I would be thrilled.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Is there questions about his interest in playing in the NHL? His stats have always been impressive, was there any other factors other then size that scared teams off?

It's all about size. I thinks we should just wait until after the WJC. I would be surprised if there wouldn't be some talk between Kaprizov and Wild scouts.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So Kazakov was traded as well, and now out of one of the best KHL line Stoa - Kazakov - Kaprizov only Kaprizov left. If he keeps scoring in such situation, then he'll be really a real deal.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Playing his usual game: looking to get open or waiting for rebounds. Elusive kid. Passes well. Not amazing so far, but pretty good I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad