LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Why all the aggression and snarkiness? I am a Habs fan who casually follows prospects. This guy was a top prospect a few years back but it's 2019 now and he hasn't played an NHL game. I'm not coming here to insult anyone, I just noticed this thread and I had been wondering why he hasn't come over yet. A couple of years ago he was one of the top prospects in the league by Hockey News and yet he's still not here. So what's going on?

No need to be a-holes
Takes 3 seconds to google kaprizov eliteprospects and see his stats.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Why all the aggression and snarkiness? I am a Habs fan who casually follows prospects. This guy was a top prospect a few years back but it's 2019 now and he hasn't played an NHL game. I'm not coming here to insult anyone, I just noticed this thread and I had been wondering why he hasn't come over yet. A couple of years ago he was one of the top prospects in the league by Hockey News and yet he's still not here. So what's going on?

No need to be a-holes
1. Firstly this board has threads. This particular board has players threads dedicated to one single player. If you are reading this you are in one of those threads. Threads are for getting information from reading posts in them. If you read through the last 10-15 posts in this thread you would have all the answers you need. Yet you just left a question that looks very absurd given the above.

2. Your hilarious NHL-centric attitude is hilarious. You really rate players based on whether they come to NA or not? Kaprizov is not only still a top prospect, he is getting better every year and the best goal scorer in the KHL. But why should that automatically make him rush to North America? He signed a contract in Russia that runs through 2019-20. So a good guess would be he intended to stay in Russia until that time when he signed.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
One more year under contract and then Kap will be free to join the Wild. It appears likely he will.
It would be wise not to sign with Wilds because of the lockout. The best scenario for him would be to wait until he is 27, not sure about the age, to have just one-year entry-contract. Unfortunately, he was drafted, a big problem for him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
We made one move and traded away a guy that might've left in free agency 2 months after Kaprizov arrived.

It'll be his choice whether he wants to come help build something or not. If he doesn't, he can stay where he is.
Yes, he can.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
2. Your hilarious NHL-centric attitude is hilarious. You really rate players based on whether they come to NA or not? Kaprizov is not only still a top prospect, he is getting better every year and the best goal scorer in the KHL. But why should that automatically make him rush to North America? He signed a contract in Russia that runs through 2019-20. So a good guess would be he intended to stay in Russia until that time when he signed.

I'm a fan of the NHL so I'm interested in whether he will play in the NHL. That does not mean that I rate players based on whether they come to NA or not. You are throwing stuff at me that has nothing to do with me. I just was asking what was happening and now I have a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad