LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
1+1 against Finland.How has this kid looked overall so far?

Imo its obvious he's the most skilled on the team, makes some nifty offensive plays, would like to see him be more assertive and play less on the perimeter.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Imo its obvious he's the most skilled on the team, makes some nifty offensive plays, would like to see him be more assertive and play less on the perimeter.

A previously unknown Russian kid who stayed in Russia surpassing his more talented peers who went to play in Canada?

Gee, who would have thought about this happening!!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Yeah, a 18 year old kid who's 23 points after 40 games in the KHL, must have some skill. You don't need WJC to be certain about this.

People keep saying he doesn't have good shot and isn't very fast, but his IQ is obvious which allow him always be in the right place at the right time. His KHL goals are mostly the same. They're beautiful, only if scored after beautiful combinations. And his playmaking is something special.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Playing his usual game: looking to get open or waiting for rebounds. Elusive kid. Passes well. Not amazing so far, but pretty good I'd say.

It's partially due to Bragin's system. Not to worry. We all know Bragin knows how to use a Tarasenko or a Kuznetsov if need be.

Kirill is the prototypcal new age creative winger. Smallish, but fast and nifty. Could easily go the Panarin footsteps.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Playing his usual game: looking to get open or waiting for rebounds. Elusive kid. Passes well. Not amazing so far, but pretty good I'd say.

This is not a one-line team like most, so Kaprizov has to make the most of his opportunities.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If he ever becomes even close to Granlund i would be ecstatic.

Granlund is severely overrated. Good player, nothing special. Kaprizov is showing flashes at a very young age. He could easily beat out Granlund, but we will need to wait at least 3-4 years to judge. He's 18.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Granlund is severely overrated. Good player, nothing special. Kaprizov is showing flashes at a very young age. He could easily beat out Granlund, but we will need to wait at least 3-4 years to judge. He's 18.

Oh no he's not. Not among Wild fans at least. We know what he is, and what he is not. I'd be very happy if Kaprizov develops into a good NHL player

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Granlund is a solid NHLer. If Kaprizov becomes a solid NHLer as 5th rounder, it won't be bad. But of course I hope for more for him.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

From my understanding, we see MK as a 50-60 pt two-way playmaking center in his prime (~26 years old). His nickname FBJ (Finnish Baby Jesus) really was started out as sarcasm, considering at the time, our number 1 prospects were Colton Gillies and Tyler Cuma.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

And Granlund did not show flashes at a young age?
He scored almost a point per game in a mens league in his draft year.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
When Granlund scored that lacrosse goal against Russia and wound up on that stamp I was convinced he was going to be a superstar.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And Granlund did not show flashes at a young age?
He scored almost a point per game in a mens league in his draft year.

That men's league was the finnish league, not the KHL. No offence to Finns, but it is what it is. And I don't see Granlund as a 60pts player(as some fans obviously). He might slightly improve on his just under 40 pts campaigns, but that's it.

If Kaprzov stays home and works properly on his development he might easily become a better player... or not. Development is not linear and all, we all know it.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I think Kaprizov might benefit from a trade to a better KHL club. Maybe someone like Sochi or even Lokomotiv.

But as long as he stays in Russia for at least one more year.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
He might slightly improve on his just under 40 pts campaigns, but that's it.
What? He was 40 pts player only because he does not play full season yet.
41 pts in 63 games and 39 pts in 68 games. This season he's on pace for 50 points.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What? He was 40 pts player only because he does not play full season yet.
41 pts in 63 games and 39 pts in 68 games. This season he's on pace for 50 points.

I will believe it when I see it. And then that's exactly what I wrote. He might become a 50 pts player at his peak.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Kaprizov suffered a lower body injury last game when some Slovan goon kneed him into a thigh. The injury was called not very serious, but he's still missing today's game.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Kirill Kaprizov finished his KHL season tied for 1st in his team scoring (however, Stoa and Kazakov were traded much earlier) with 27 points (11+16) in 53 games, being -4. This is the 2nd best result for a 18 year old in the KHL's young history, behind Kuznetsov (32 points). Not bad.

He's expected to finish the season in the MHL, with Kuznetskie Medvedi.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Absolutely torched one of the worst MHL teams Olympia today: 4 goals, one assist. Also had an assist in the previous game against the reigning MHL champion Chaika, so 6 points in 2 games after being sent down.
Medvedi have 2 more home games and then playoffs.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Absolutely torched one of the worst MHL teams Olympia today: 4 goals, one assist. Also had an assist in the previous game against the reigning MHL champion Chaika, so 6 points in 2 games after being sent down.

Nice, keep the updates coming!

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Appreciate the info as a Wild fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad