LW/RW Jesper Bratt - London Knights, OHL (2016, 162nd, NJD)

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
45+ points for a 6th round rookie in his draft + 1 year in the NHL? Possible but I'd bet against it.

If u told me this before the season started i would have agreed.. But after watching this guy play in the beginning im sure there is a possibility.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What happens when Palmieri and Stafford come back? I can't imagine they'll just stick him on the 4th line given his performance thus far.

He started the season on the 3rd line with Henrique and Hayes, so if anything maybe the return to those lines. He hasn’t and won’t be stuck on the 4th line – if he’s in the lineup, it’s definitely in a top 9 role.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know, I am impressed with him too. But it's been two games only.
Plus a fantastic preseason, training camp, development camp, prospect challenge, and World Junior showcase. He's been flying for months now. I agree 45 is lofty and probably won't happen this season, but he looks capable now.

Reactions: HBK27

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Plus a fantastic preseason, training camp, development camp, prospect challenge, and World Junior showcase. He's been flying for months now. I agree 45 is lofty and probably won't happen this season, but he looks capable now.

I keep waiting for the floor to fall out from under Bratt. I still do expect that but his on ice play looks impressive so it’s hard not to just keep expecting him to be good.

If he has a first round pick last year, combined with his play, I think we would all more easily expect his play to continue and we’d talk him up as a Calder candidates.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I keep waiting for the floor to fall out from under Bratt. I still do expect that but his on ice play looks impressive so it’s hard not to just keep expecting him to be good.

If he has a first round pick last year, combined with his play, I think we would all more easily expect his play to continue and we’d talk him up as a Calder candidates.
If he were a first round pick this thread would be five times as long and there would be people (prematurely) anointing him as a star.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If he were a first round pick this thread would be five times as long and there would be people (prematurely) anointing him as a star.

Yup. But because he's a 6th round pick from a year ago people are more inclined to believe he's a flash in the pan. I don't see how he is to be honest. He's been a factor in every game I've seen from him, making something happen nearly every shift. Even though his production will inevitably drop he'll still be an effective player. Especially on the PK.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
RememberTheName posted this article in the Bratt thread on the Devils board, which I found very interesting. In particular, how he worked not only with a coach on this physical training this summer, but also with a mental coach – which Bratt gives a lot of credit to for his success since the end of last season.

It provides some insight into how he has made such an impressive jump in his career over the past few months.

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2...sverige-nhl-debut-andy-sward-ronnie-ronnqvist

“I went over here with the goal of making the team. I had a terrific summer with exceptional physical training thanks to Andreas Öhgren. It really worked out well,” says Bratt. “I’ve also had very good support from family, friends and relatives and my agent Joakim Persson. In addition to that, I’ve been helped with the mental aspects of the game by Andy Swärd. I don’t think that I would play here if it wasn’t for Andy.”

“I came here extremely well prepared for the rookie tournament as well as the training camp. Since day one, I’ve worked hard and tried to show all the coaches and the other players that I deserve to be on the team, and this time things turned out well.”

The mental coach Andy Swärd in Malmö, Sweden works with several hockey players including goaltenders Oscar Alsenfelt, Christopher Nilstorp, Joel Lassinantti and Markus Svensson. The collaboration with Bratt has given the youngster an extra boost on the ice.

Bratt: “Together we have focused on how to be prepared and knowing what to do every time I step out on the ice. It´s made me feel extremely comfortable when I´ve played. I´ve been very focused on what to do and that´s helped me a lot.”

Rönnkvist: “Is this a collaboration that started this summer or have you been working together previously?”

Bratt: “It’s a new thing. I started working with him after the season with AIK because I felt that I didn’t really know how to perform on top every night. I felt that he was a person that could help me a lot. My agent helped us come in touch with each other and we’ve been having great conversations ever since, which is something that has benefited me a lot.

My agent and I have put up a long term plan for me to strive for - a plan that has made me feel comfortable. Things might have happened a little sooner than we expected 3-4 years ago, but it´s immensely fun to be here now.”

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Pretty sure Bratt will not take over Palmieris role. Hope he gets 3rd line though. Devils look good. I'm impressed!

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
I'm so impressed in the start that Jesper has made.
I loved watching him for AIK and he was a very entertaining player, I didn't expect him to make the NHL so quickly or to do so well. Will definitely be keeping an eye on him going forwards, I really hope that he keeps this going.

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007

thats some good company right there. more proof along with watching his 2 games, that hes not just a flash in the pan. offensively and all around game. i think he could be a 35-40 pt guy this year (1 pt every 2 games is pretty damn consistent) and 40-60 pt guy through his career. hopefully he becomes a star early, would be a great story for him.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
RememberTheName posted this article in the Bratt thread on the Devils board, which I found very interesting. In particular, how he worked not only with a coach on this physical training this summer, but also with a mental coach – which Bratt gives a lot of credit to for his success since the end of last season.

It provides some insight into how he has made such an impressive jump in his career over the past few months.

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2...sverige-nhl-debut-andy-sward-ronnie-ronnqvist
I really found this article pretty interesting. Sometimes, it isn't only about how good you are, but how you feel about yourself playing the game. You have to go into each and every game with the right mindset, but I really haven't heard of too many players training with a mental coach. Definitely seems as though it is working though.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Pretty sure Bratt will not take over Palmieris role. Hope he gets 3rd line though. Devils look good. I'm impressed!

He probably won't take Palmieri's spot on the top line, once he's fully healthy, but he could definitely take Stafford's spot on the 2nd line in my opinion.

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
MoJo-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Henrique-Stafford

Sign me up.

Reactions: My3Sons

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He probably won't take Palmieri's spot on the top line, once he's fully healthy, but he could definitely take Stafford's spot on the 2nd line in my opinion.

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
MoJo-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Henrique-Stafford

Sign me up.
For balance though they may want Palmieri on the second line and Bratt on the first line. They've been rolling them out pretty evenly anyways.

chotanecter

Mar 24, 2009
Toronto
NJD looks so much better with stafford on the 3rd line. I dont know why they had him playing with nico at the beginning of the yr.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bratt already looks very fluid in the NHL. I know it's early but this guy will be a player.

Whoever scouted him deserves a bonus.
Have to give a lot of credit to the new Director of Scouting Paul Castron who was hired by Shero when he took over as GM. You can see the focus go towards skill and speed almost overnight. The Devils to that point seemed stagnated under Conte.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad