LW/RW Denis Gurianov (2015, 12th, DAL)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I recently made a shift by shift video on Guryanov, and had a guest provide commentary:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I love seeing this.

I really want this guy. The 2-4 year wait will be well worth it. I'd be so happy if the Sens took him at 18.

I actually wonder when people in NA start to realize looking at the examples of Tarasenko an Kuznetsov that waiting on a player while he plays in the KHL is not a problem. You won't see most prospects in the NHL in the first couple of years anyway.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I actually wonder when people in NA start to realize looking at the examples of Tarasenko an Kuznetsov that waiting on a player while he plays in the KHL is not a problem. You won't see most prospects in the NHL in the first couple of years anyway.

Exactly.. this kid is doing everything to indicate he wants to play in the NHL. The RF is overblown.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Stars Director of Scouting Joe McDonnell on the radio said if his name was Smith he'd up there with Strome. Said he'll be a top player no doubt. Just absolutely gushed about him.

Said he'll play one year in the KHL then come over.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
They said before he's top10 talent, and he went #12. Now it's even harder to imagine how Tarasenko turned out 16. I mean Gurianov is good, but Tarasenko was much better at the same age.

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
They said before he's top10 talent, and he went #12. Now it's even harder to imagine how Tarasenko turned out 16. I mean Gurianov is good, but Tarasenko was much better at the same age.
Agreed. Gurianov is good but he is not of Tarasenko/Nichushkin/Kucherov caliber. For me it's even strange that he was picked before Svechnikov.

Last edited:

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
I think the stars nailed it once again, looking forward to seeing this kid prove doubters wrong.
His ceiling is through the roof.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
RLR have him at #8, good player who should be taken very seriously, hardest shot and best release in the draft.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I was pretty sad he went so early, I definitely think the Caps would have been all over him

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Agreed. Gurianov is good but he is not of Tarasenko/Nichushkin/Kucherov caliber. For me it's even strange that he was picked before Svechnikov.
And I am not. He's better skater, shooter and more physical.
But Svechnikov great too, no doubt. He's better playmayker and more versatile than Denis.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Probably Russian Factor does not exist anymore?

Last edited:

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Add Buchnevich to this list. It was a big surprise for me that he's not a first rounder.

We'll about Gurianov's level. I have a feeling that he will be good next season in the KHL.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think this is the steal of the draft. Was praying he fell to my team and they had the brains to pick him.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Had him ranked #12, Stars took him #12. I'm pleased. People will see just how good this kid is in a few years from now, or even next WJC.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Seem like the GM for Lada recently addressed the upcoming season to local radio. I was wondering if someone who spoke Russian had the time to see if he specifically mentioned anything relevant to Guryanov.

Link

Thank you

Romanich7

Sep 23, 2007
Seem like the GM for Lada recently addressed the upcoming season to local radio. I was wondering if someone who spoke Russian had the time to see if he specifically mentioned anything relevant to Guryanov.

Link

Thank you

Question: "At the NHL Draft Denis Guryanov was selected very high 12th overall, which brings great incentive for Dallas to bring him over sooner rather than later" Will a situation occur where Denis will use his signing bonus to buy out the second year of his contract perhaps even sooner?

GM:"Well first of I would like to congratulate Denis on getting such great recognition on being selected that high. As far as for him leaving sooner. That has not been discussed as of yet. He has a 2 year contract and from my understanding the interviews given by Denis all state that he wants to make the team-LADA and be a regular in our line up. I think that Denis still has some time to play in Russia"

From the tone of the GM he fully understands that Denis will only play one year in the KHL and will make his way across the pond next year. I only listened to half the video from my understanding the club is going through some line-up changes and there will be a few spots open.... Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad