LW Arthur Kaliyev (2019, 33rd, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think he's a top-10 talent as well. If teams start passing on him after 10, it's going to be Barzal levels of regret being felt when he's putting up points in the NHL.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Get to watch quite a few games live and on local cable. He's a very smart, skilled player. Opportunistic with finish.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
great battle today between Hamilton and Kingston, very entertaining game.

Kaliyev with another goal and 5 shots, he was all over the ice...Jason Robertson with 4 helpers in their win...these two kids have a lot of similarities with each other, both are looking like top players for the US at the WJC...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
so far, 2 more goals into the third period...he has 21 goals 19 assists -40 points in 26 games...almost at a gpg pace at 17 years old lol...

Yet, for some reason....he has fallen to underrated prospect category.

Incredible improvement to his rookie season, more than doubled his ppg avg,
is pace for 50+goals, 100+ points this season (even with WJC)

Reactions: Mrb1p

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Top 3 in points of 2019 draftees in the OHL this season:

1. Kaliyev 21+20=41 +2 (1.46 ppg) 2. Suzuki 8+24=32 +12 (1.28 ppg) 3. McMichael 17+10=27 (1.04 ppg)
And Kaliev is ranked the lowest of these 3....sure its not always only the points but....what am i missing here??? :)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Top 3 in points of 2019 draftees in the OHL this season:

1. Kaliyev 21+20=41 +2 (1.46 ppg) 2. Suzuki 8+24=32 +12 (1.28 ppg) 3. McMichael 17+10=27 (1.04 ppg)
And Kaliev is ranked the lowest of these 3....sure its not always only the points but....what am i missing here??? :)
Bad skater, extremely one dimensional.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I disagree. He's not a good skater. He's not fluid or explosive.
big difference between fluid and bad..I have watched nearly all of his games the past month and a half, he is a bigger kid who doesn't need to be explosive...he gets around more than fine out there, nowhere near as bad as Robertson was last year.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
big difference between fluid and bad..I have watched nearly all of his games the past month and a half, he is a bigger kid who doesn't need to be explosive...he gets around more than fine out there, nowhere near as bad as Robertson was last year.
He's not fluid or explosive. He's at best an average skater at the CHL level, unless you want to discount for size. He's not fast, explosive or fluid. Being better than Robertson doesn't make you not a bad skater.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It's kind of the new meme in recent years.

If you aren't an elite skater, you're a bad skater.
No, he's actually a bad skater though. This isn't a case of someone not being McDavid and getting knocked. I mean, Dylan Strome is a bad skater, Jason Robertson is a bad skater. There choppy, not fluid or explosive. There's a reason NHL scouts are saying "Owen Tippett without the skating,"

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He's pretty f***ing terrible at skating in every way but gets by with his strength and intelligence.

Still probably worth a gamble in the top 15 though, very good complimentary winger.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
No, he's actually a bad skater though. This isn't a case of someone not being McDavid and getting knocked. I mean, Dylan Strome is a bad skater, Jason Robertson is a bad skater. There choppy, not fluid or explosive. There's a reason NHL scouts are saying "Owen Tippett without the skating,"

Dylan has not looked (has not skated badly) like a bad skater so far for the Hawks, completely opposite as a matter of fact.
I think Dylan Strome = bad skater is some sort of myth what everyone says it like its the truth.

So far he has looked strong, quick, fast(ish) on his skates, now i don't know how his skating looked for the Yotes
but for, as a person who followed his entire junior career and who's a Hawks fan, Dylan is a better than the average skater in the NHL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Dylan has not looked (has not skated badly) like a bad skater so far for the Hawks, completely opposite as a matter of fact.
I think Dylan Strome = bad skater is some sort of myth what everyone says it like its the truth.

So far he has looked strong, quick, fast(ish) on his skates, now i don't know how his skating looked for the Yotes
but for, as a person who followed his entire junior career and who's a Hawks fan, Dylan is a better than the average skater in the NHL.
No he isn’t. I’ve followed him for years. He’s doesn’t have good edge work, he’s gets knocked off balance and doesn’t play with pace. If you want to say he isn’t terrible fine. But he isn’t an above average skater for an NHLer.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
No he isn’t. I’ve followed him for years. He’s doesn’t have good edge work, he’s gets knocked off balance and doesn’t play with pace. If you want to say he isn’t terrible fine. But he isn’t an above average skater for an NHLer.

Have you seen any of his Hawks games?.

I guess we have to agree to disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad