Post-Game Talk: Lundqvist'd. Jets lose 3-1.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Right?

"Here comes the losing streak in full steam lololol"

Jets go 13-3-4 in next 20 games. Number of posts: 0

Jets lose 2 in a row?

"Lolo here comes another final third collapse, just like the one they had last year except they didn't really have it because I'm just making **** up lolol"

Seems like I'm the only one here saying anything negative about our lose today. But yes I just show up when we lose which is why I have over 16,000 posts on this site. Because I just show up when we lose.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe in the Atlantic division. All it takes is loses vs wins. We lose and the other team wins and that is ground gained. Obviously the worry upsets some people because they think we are unstoppable right now. We really aren't though. We got pretty lucky Dallas got stomped or they are within 1 point of us.

Sure wins and losses matter, but teams fluctuate. The Jets last 10 games they have gotten .7 percent of the points available which is pretty darn good and ties them for first in the central over that time period (That is with the back to back losses). Maybe if we loss a few more then I will start to worry a bit. Right now our competition is losing just as much as we are so no cause for concern.

The Jets imo will snap out of their funk and start winning again soon. Its just as likely that other teams start to falter as well.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Seems like I'm the only one here saying anything about our lose today. But yes I just show up when we lose which is why I have over 16,000 posts on this site. Because I just show up when we lose.

You're not the only one, and it's not you. Check the first few pages.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maybe in the Atlantic division. All it takes is loses vs wins. We lose and the other team wins and that is ground gained. Obviously the worry upsets some people because they think we are unstoppable right now. We really aren't though. We got pretty lucky Dallas got stomped or they are within 1 point of us.

We're nothing close to unstoppable.
We are very good with a healthy lineup - we are not nearly as good when we start filling holes.
We lost a couple in a row - not shocked. We need our complete roster to compete in this division - I'm not going to kid myself.
Hendricks back today - we were better. Lowry and Tanev back - we're a lot better.
Scheif needs time - hopefully another game or two will do it.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Sure wins and losses matter, but teams fluctuate. The Jets last 10 games they have gotten .7 percent of the points available which is pretty darn good and ties them for first in the central over that time period (That is with the back to back losses). Maybe if we loss a few more then I will start to worry a bit. Right now our competition is losing just as much as we are so no cause for concern.

The Jets imo will snap out of their funk and start winning again soon. Its just as likely that other teams start to falter as well.

I'm just saying it's not a great trend especially with the Caps up next who usually destroy us. 6-2 against us in the last 4 seasons.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Maybe it’s time to split up Wheeler and Scheif for a bit. Can always put them back together.

Little with Laine doesn’t seem to work. Laine is not getting any looks other than on the power play.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Fire everybody

Just a hot goaltender hard to win when the other guy posts a .975 or whatever it was

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We're nothing close to unstoppable.
We are very good with a healthy lineup - we are not nearly as good when we start filling holes.
We lost a couple in a row - not shocked. We need our complete roster to compete in this division - I'm not going to kid myself.
Hendricks back today - we were better. Lowry and Tanev back - we're a lot better.
Scheif needs time - hopefully another game or two will do it.

Yeah being down 2 games since Scheif has been back has not been great. Might not be a bad idea to separate Scheif and Wheels. Move Wheels back to center and try and spread the offence out a bit.

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm just saying it's not a great trend especially with the Caps up next who usually destroy us. 6-2 against us in the last 4 seasons.

No slumps are never good or fun but all teams have them. The key will be to play like we did in the 1st and third period all night against them and if we do I like our chances of winning.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe it’s time to split up Wheeler and Scheif for a bit. Can always put them back together.

Little with Laine doesn’t seem to work. Laine is not getting any looks other than on the power play.

I thought Laine was fine through the nz at ES but Ehlers was really botching things for that line.

Reactions: Duke749

redneckjabronie

Nov 17, 2015
We're not scoring, and what we see is the result when our goaltending can't steal games for us. There is no reason to panic, but we do need to find ways to score again.

Also, I think Petan is bringing absolutely nothing to our game. Just my hot take though.

Of course not, how is someone who gets 6 minutes of ice time supposed to contribute?

You have two of the top young players in the AHL this year (Roslovic and Petan), on any other NHL team, they would be utilized much more extensively. Only in Winnipeg do they get their ass stapled to the bench.

Too many here drinking the Maurice Kool Aid. Fans across Canada know the Jets have talent and I know a few who say the same........ not the right coach. Until the Jets get coach with a winning track record who knows how to roll out 4 lines effectively, mediocrity is all that will be achieved.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Seems like I'm the only one here saying anything negative about our lose today. But yes I just show up when we lose which is why I have over 16,000 posts on this site. Because I just show up when we lose.

Don't read too much into some of this.

When we lose:

Some of us will be hard on the players
Some of us will be hard on the posters that are hard on the players

both are result of frustration

Reactions: Coach

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It's a funny game pretty well everyone thought we should win this one easily, just like Dallas would have no problem beating the Canucks................hey that's why they play the games I guess, everything is not going to be unicorns and rainbows with this team we have some holes to fill, and roster moves that need to be made but that won't happen this year.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Of course not, how is someone who gets 6 minutes of ice time supposed to contribute?

You have two of the top young players in the AHL this year (Roslovic and Petan), on any other NHL team, they would be utilized much more extensively. Only in Winnipeg do they get their ass stapled to the bench.

Too many here drinking the Maurice Kool Aid. Fans across Canada know the Jets have talent and I know a few who say the same........ not the right coach. Until the Jets get coach with a winning track record who knows how to roll out 4 lines effectively, mediocrity is all that will be achieved.

Every coach does this. Babcock, Quennville, Cooper. Doesn't matter if you have won a cup all coaches role with vets over young guys. It's not something unique to Mo's coaching style.

Reactions: Flair Hay

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hard to fault him tonight, so much of the game was played on special teams that it disrupted his ability to get the 4th line out there. This is also why I don't like putting kids who are still developing on the 4th as some games its hard to find them any ice time.

Reactions: tacogeoff

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We also miss Trouba quite a bit. I would like to see Buff back with Morrissey and Kulikov back with Myers, let Toby play with Poolman on the third pair.

Reactions: Guerzy

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think Jets were good at all in this game. They were playing against the Rangers, quite possibly the softest team in the league. You need a better statement against a weak team like that esp coming off of a humiliating loss.

Just truly awful games by Ehlers and Armia. I saw that Armia was struggling really bad and constantly turning over the puck and losing battles in the middle of the 2nd period and was hoping that he would get swapped with Roslovic. That didn't happen and low and behold, Armia cost us on the GWG by not being able to get the puck out.

Ehlers should have been benched that game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I don't get the fascination with Ehlers Little Laine. It's been said a million times but the chemistry just doesn't work with those 3 players. Getting the puck off the wall in the DZ is a nightmare every time.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
jKxK05f.gif
:sarcasm:

Reactions: DRC

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just got back from the game , very frustrating game , have to say to me the Jets came out flying and it should have been 3-0 after the first period . I didn't like the Rangers first goal , very week goal , Helly has to make that save . Don't get me started on the refs , they were horrible . Need a big game and a win against Washington .

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I thought Laine was fine through the nz at ES but Ehlers was really botching things for that line.
I don't get the fascination with Ehlers Little Laine. It's been said a million times but the chemistry just doesn't work with those 3 players. Getting the puck off the wall in the DZ is a nightmare every time.

Agree -
Ehlers and Laine are both useless along the wall or in the corners and this has been discussed to death. Little was being thrown to the wolves in most discussions because he wasn't able to do all the work necessary to feed the other two.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad