Post-Game Talk: Lundqvist'd. Jets lose 3-1.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems like I'm the only one here saying anything negative about our lose today. But yes I just show up when we lose which is why I have over 16,000 posts on this site. Because I just show up when we lose.
I don't think he was talking about you Dax. But at this point I'm not too worried. A little adversity is good for the soul. Not a bad thing for the team to feel some pressure. It won't be a cake walk from here on in.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Agree -
Ehlers and Laine are both useless along the wall or in the corners and this has been discussed to death. Little was being thrown to the wolves in most discussions because he wasn't able to do all the work necessary to feed the other two.

Laine and Ehlers need shelter. Maurice needs to have a top 9 approach and use guys like Armia, Connor, Copp, Roslovic to his advantage 5 0n 5. Also don't like Perreault with Schiefele and Wheeler, that line has not been productive this season.

81 or 52-55-26
85-18-29
81 or 52-9-40

We need Lowry back bad.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Laine and Ehlers need shelter. Maurice needs to have a top 9 approach and use guys like Armia, Connor, Copp, Roslovic to his advantage 5 0n 5. Also don't like Perreault with Schiefele and Wheeler, that line has not been productive this season.

81 or 52-55-26
85-18-29
81 or 52-9-40

We need Lowry back bad.

Where's 27?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I don't think he was talking about you Dax. But at this point I'm not too worried. A little adversity is good for the soul. Not a bad thing for the team to feel some pressure. It won't be a cake walk from here on in.

Pressure, I'm sure Maurice is feeling it, he had a few micro eruptions on the bench today, and you right it only gets harder as the season goes on

Reactions: Robinson2187

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't get the fascination with Ehlers Little Laine. It's been said a million times but the chemistry just doesn't work with those 3 players. Getting the puck off the wall in the DZ is a nightmare every time.
I thought Laine was really good at this today.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
As for Scheifele he wasn't going all guns blazing before his injury and it will take a few games and then I expect him to go on a tear.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
well I knew we weren't going to get through a season without some ugly so better now than in the playoffs I guess...

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm sure most of us never thought at the beginning of the year that we would be competing for first in the central, hell most of us would of been happy to make the playoffs, what has happened to this point is beyond expectations .

Reactions: Jets 31

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I dont see why Little and Wheeler aren’t put together on the same line. They’ve had good chemistry for years and without Wheeler, Little just isn’t the same.
That second line isn’t working and Maurice should stop being so stubborn and put those two back together.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Just got back from the game , very frustrating game , have to say to me the Jets came out flying and it should have been 3-0 after the first period . I didn't like the Rangers first goal , very week goal , Helly has to make that save . Don't get me started on the refs , they were horrible . Need a big game and a win against Washington .
It looked to me like they took their foot off the gas after that blazing start. Had they kept up that tempo the Rags would have wilted. I don't understand why Mo kept throwing Army out there so much when he was clearly sleepy. Especially when you have Roslo only getting 6 mins. Helly had a strong game imo. Scheif getting better and Buff handling the xtra minutes well so far. Loved Hendy corkin that goof on the button.

Can't hardly wait for the offside challenge to go away.

This team is much more effective with Lowry.

I keep telling myself not to panic but if we lose to WSH I might stop listening to myself.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It looked to me like they took their foot off the gas after that blazing start. Had they kept up that tempo the Rags would have wilted. I don't understand why Mo kept throwing Army out there so much when he was clearly sleepy. Especially when you have Roslo only getting 6 mins. Helly had a strong game imo. Scheif getting better and Buff handling the xtra minutes well so far. Loved Hendy corkin that goof on the button.

Can't hardly wait for the offside challenge to go away.

This team is much more effective with Lowry.

I keep telling myself not to panic but if we lose to WSH I might stop listening to myself.
I agree Helly played good but that first goal was very week and kind of a momentum killer . The Jets spent almost the whole period in the Rangers end and just like that the Rangers tie the game on a really week goal . But Helly did play well though .

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Agree -
Ehlers and Laine are both useless along the wall or in the corners and this has been discussed to death. Little was being thrown to the wolves in most discussions because he wasn't able to do all the work necessary to feed the other two.

I thought Laine did a pretty good job tonight along the walls, he wasn’t no all star at it but it was a pretty good game for him along the boards from what I seen. I really don’t like Laine and Ehlers together though, I would suggest switching Ehlers with Connor(or Laine with Armia, Ehlers-Armia and Connor-Laine, so they have similar players to play with but the only difference is they’re very good along the walls).

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Games like this show why we need Tanev over Petan.
I agree Helly played good but that first goal was very week and kind of a momentum killer . The Jets spent almost the whole period in the Rangers end and just like that the Rangers tie the game on a really week goal . But Helly did play well though .
I forgive Helly those goals a lot easier than you do. If I was going to be critical of him I'd have to acknowledge that he's had to play more games without rest than most other goalies where teams will play the backup.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick quick thoughts....

Top two lines weren't good enough. Scheifele and Wheeler struggling. PP struggles against pressure.

Bottom two lines pretty good. 4th line might have been the best.

Myers had another shaky game, along with Morrissey.

Hellebuyck solid.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Seems like I'm the only one here saying anything negative about our lose today. But yes I just show up when we lose which is why I have over 16,000 posts on this site. Because I just show up when we lose.
Telling it like it is, is not being negative. Sometimes the team sucks. Pretty much any sports team will have sucky games. But some folks take things very personally and seem to think we should only always say great positive things. That doesnt make for objective discussion. Btw, i didnt like our game tonight and was very dissapointed. But I still am high on the team and am loving this year. I think that the last three games may be a bit of a precursor to the playoffs and that lack of experience will hurt us this year in the post season - hope to be wrong. But this years post season experience will help for next year - hope to be right.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I had written off the Blues game because I figured the Jets would hammer the Rangers. This stings.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Quick quick thoughts....

Top two lines weren't good enough. Scheifele and Wheeler struggling. PP struggles against pressure.

Hellebuyck solid.

I didn't see Scheifele struggling. He had a couple of grade A chances and set up another 3 to 4 as well. Also made a few solid dzone plays. He still isn't at his best but he was still strong imo.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Quick quick thoughts....

Hellebuyck solid.
I think you are over stating the Scheifele Wheeler struggles. The line had strong possession numbers matched up against the Rangers top line and had multiple grade A scoring chances. They look a bit choppy at times but they played mostly in the Rangers end. I'd reserve struggled for Ehlers and Armia tonight.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I just don't understand when a stud center galls 8nto your lap u put him on the wing. Chef and wheeler should be centers

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Two thoughts:
1. How about these lines:
Laine Scheif Ehlers
Connor Roslo Wheeler
Perreault Little Armia
Copp Lowry Tanev
2. Trade something like:
Myers, Connor, 1st round pick
for Ekman-Larsson.
* I compare him to a Nik Lidstrom. Extremely solid, talented d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad