Post-Game Talk: Lundqvist'd. Jets lose 3-1.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Good thing we had that pie graph about a week ago showing the Jets had over a 99% chance of making the playoffs. Even the Leafs couldn't blow that. Ok maybe they could but we can't be that bad.
Everyone goes through down periods each season just need to keep ours short.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Most will say Lundqvist stole it, which is true to an extent. More realistic to believe Jets are in the last third of the season lull, like usual.

Again, this is the EXACT SAME DRUM you beat on December 16th, about how "here comes the losing streak train in full force"

And we went 8-1-2 after that point. And only a deliberate, explicit naysayer would think the end is nigh at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good thing we had that pie graph about a week ago showing the Jets had over a 99% chance of making the playoffs. Even the Leafs couldn't blow that. Ok maybe they could but we can't be that bad.
Everyone goes through down periods each season just need to keeps ours short.
Yup. You just have to just the team has more resiliency than its fans.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I don't know what game the rest of you were watching, but I saw the Jets dominate an inferior opponent and get goalie-d.
Yep.

2/3 periods we completely and utterly dominated. Couple bad bounces and one beautiful amazing man in their net took away this win.

Won't stop people from coming in here and telling how the sky is falling, and for that reason, I'm out.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Ehlers was awful.. maybe just maybe try to split wheeler and chef up. not 1 game this season have they been apart exept for chef injury... is wheeler the assist coach?? or why does he not want to play with Little anymore?

Reactions: hudster

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
watching the game there is nothing surprising here. coach playd for their hands. coach hitting the wall with head despite it not working. this team is mess...many things not working at all but coach doing no Changes....buff plays alot and plays pp. this is wrong. armia plays too low too untrusted. laine is misshandled . coach has taking his whole season from him. sheifele,wheeler plays too much ( if laine is at this line also then ok)

team is mess... ok team has won alot but this is not good playing. there is more good player in this team than others thats why we still can win. but coach is not good.

they should from organisation demand total reneuw of whole teams lines. this is not good. laine should not be playing at second line and not to get attached with Ehlers and littleman to learne their game. no. better playmates for laine

when is there answer where armia is going? at this team he is not going nowhere so he like refuses to plays better even if there is some huge showings sometimes, he should play topminites. total reneuwing of the lines now! concentrating the total Power to 2 top lines and narrowing the minits for lower 2 lines! hockey not a social sport. laine must play more and he must have the same best players with him all times!

dont gettening me wrong armia Always doing huge things in games and is like top player all games but he can still do many more. i promise

avgard hockeyprofessopr

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the lack of caring is even more hilarious. Hope the team isn't thinking the same way some Jets fans are. It's only one game and only one loss we don't have to worry about anything. Easy as pie. Help us all if that is their mindset.

Did you really think they would win every game? All teams slump, did you think we wouldn't have a couple of skids down the stretch? I am not going to panic at a three game mini slump. They showed signs of pulling out of it tonight but got goalied.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Everyone goes through down periods each season just need to keep ours short.

We still are massive favorites to make the playoffs, massive favorites (85%+) to get a top 3 spot. A few people whose prediction records for losing trains are about as good as (insert your favorite cult) prophesying End Times don't change that fact.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Can't let this losing streak continue, 3 games coming up this week all very winnable and I expect different lines different d pairings and a different outcome.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Did you really think they would win every game? All teams slump, did you think we wouldn't have a couple of skids down the stretch? I am not going to panic at a three game mini slump. They showed signs of pulling out of it tonight but got goalied.
Even with that, this game could have easily gone the other way if even 1 of the 2 goals called back went our way.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

No but losing multiple in a row is how you find yourself on the outside looking in pretty quickly. This isn't the Atlantic where we can lose 5 in a row and it doesn't really matter. A losing streak is what could make or break this season. We have to win or at least get a point every other game.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets played pretty well - dominated for most of the game. Unlucky one for sure.

RIP the 6-0 Sunday Afternoon Streak! Sorry Beyak...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It's almost like the NHL is league of parity and on any given night a goalie can steal a win :banghead:

I have yet to see any team more than a 3-1 underdog this year and very few that were worse than 2-1 dogs. Most everyone is keeping a cool head, the problem is that the small subsection of deliberately antagonistic idiots each have the volume of 10 men. Dunning-Kruger effect with a Brian Blessed impersonation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00