Post-Game Talk: Lundqvist'd. Jets lose 3-1.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Anyone have the time of ice stats for this game? Specifically scheif and Wheeler who i felt were out every 30 seconds today v
Scheifele 20:58
Armia 19:54
Wheeler 18:46
Perreault 17:21
Connor 16:38
Little 15:22
Copp 15:13
Laine 15:10
Ehlers 13:37 (ironic)
Hendricks 8:43
Petan 6:22
Roslovic 6:22

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just a reminder, even Tampa Bay has had a pair of 2-game losing streaks and a 3-game losing streak on top. One of those two-game losing streaks was against Ottawa and Montreal.

Reactions: Kgame

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No but losing multiple in a row is how you find yourself on the outside looking in pretty quickly. This isn't the Atlantic where we can lose 5 in a row and it doesn't really matter. A losing streak is what could make or break this season. We have to win or at least get a point every other game.

I disagree, they lost two games and have lost zero ground on their spot. We are 6-2-2 in the last 10 for 14 points is equal to

Minny is also 6-2-2 for 14 points (zero ground has been changed)
St. Louis 6-4 (We have gained ground on them)
Dallas after their loss tonight will be 7-3 (Zero ground has been changed)
Colorado 4-5-1 (Have lost ground)
Chicago 2-6-2 (Have lost ground)

I think we focus too much on our team sometimes, nobody else in the central is making up points on us. Every team has losses some stupid like Dallas getting blown out be the terrible Canucks.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we lose to the Caps I think our 6 in 5 is in jeopardy. Some big divisional games coming up soon here including Preds vs Blues and Stars vs Blues where we have some guaranteed ground being gained. Plus we play the Avs on the 16th. This home stretch is an important one.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I disagree, they lost two games and have lost zero ground on their spot. We are 6-2-2 in the last 10 for 14 points is equal to

I think we focus too much on our team sometimes, nobody else in the central is making up points on us. Every team has losses some stupid like Dallas getting blown out be the terrible Canucks.

It's almost like it's really very difficult for 6 other teams to all go .900 in their last 27 or so games and knock us into 9th.

Reactions: Pongs21

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Gauranteed ground being made in Preds vs. Blues and Blues vs. Stars as well as our game on friday against the Avs. A few more loses and a few more wins for Minny and the Stars and we could be sitting in 2nd wildcard spot by next Saturday. But I guess the only time to be worried about is when it has already happened.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Anyone have the time of ice stats for this game? Specifically scheif and Wheeler who i felt were out every 30 seconds today v

Yup -
They played a lot but that wasn't why we lost. Scheif looked better - and he'll look better with every game played - we need him back in game shape ASAP so lets give him the minutes.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Man, that was a game we win 19/20 times against NHL goalies and 8/10 times against Lundqvist.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gauranteed ground being made in Preds vs. Blues and Blues vs. Stars as well as our game on friday against the Avs. A few more loses and a few more wins for Minny and the Stars and we could be sitting in 2nd wildcard spot by next Saturday. But I guess the only time to be worried about is when it has already happened.

Ah yes the what ifs and coulds. Those have existed all year as well and as I showed no ground has changed. Its much harder to make up ground in this league then you think.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ah yes the what ifs and coulds. Those have existed all year as well and as I showed no ground has changed. Its much harder to make up ground in this league then you think.

Maybe in the Atlantic division. All it takes is loses vs wins. We lose and the other team wins and that is ground gained. Obviously the worry upsets some people because they think we are unstoppable right now. We really aren't though. We got pretty lucky Dallas got stomped or they are within 1 point of us.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
We're not scoring, and what we see is the result when our goaltending can't steal games for us. There is no reason to panic, but we do need to find ways to score again.

Also, I think Petan is bringing absolutely nothing to our game. Just my hot take though.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Man.. A bunch of people you dont see after wins sure show up after losses. Getting ridiculous

Right?

"Here comes the losing streak in full steam lololol"

Jets go 13-3-4 in next 20 games. Number of posts: 0

Jets lose 2 in a row?

"Lolo here comes another final third collapse, just like the one they had last year except they didn't really have it because I'm just making shit up lolol"

Reactions: TheDeuce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad