Value of: LOW TRADE VALUE, HIGH TEAM VALUE PLAYERS

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I'm just curious, how many players in the league fit into this category.

Basically, their trade value isn't high, meaning you wouldn't get alot of assets for them.

But they're value is extremely high to your team, which is why you wouldn't trade them unless for over-payment.

Lets shine the light on some unsung heroes in the league.

For the Leafs, i would say Ron Hainsey fits this category.
For the Oilers, i would say Jujhar Khaira.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Toronto, Connor Brown...big impact on the ice and long term, yet is more valuable to TO than his trade value.

Edmonton, Sekera...simply put without him in the line up the team blows goats.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Conor Sheary and Bryan Rust.

Need ELC players to win now. Even though Sheary isn’t on his ELC anymore, he’s relatively cheap at 3m.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd say Brodin might apply for Minnesota. Low offensive numbers might have dropped his value, but he is essential for us have any sort of defensive reliability after the Suter/Spurgeon pairing.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I don't know if Brown really has that low trade value but this mostly applies to rentals or undervalued players. On the Leafs, it's probably JVR and Hainsey.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Zach Hyman and it's not even close.

Matt Martin, Connor Brown and Ron Hainsey would be high up there as well, much like Komarov and Bozak had been for a long time.

The only thing is that most of these guys do not exactly have "low" trade value as much as it would probably take an overpayment to get them.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Paul Byron for the Habs.

Claimed off of waivers two years ago.

Two years ago had 11 goals in 62 games.

Last year he broke out with 22 goals in 81 games.

This year he has 9 goals in 31 games.

He has the speed to burn by defenders. He kills penalties. He rarely plays on a scoring line. Limited power play time. Makes slightly under 1.2 million this season and next.

He looks like a really solid trade bait chip yet he never gets mentioned in trade talks. You would think if the Habs did a rebuild that many teams would be after him yet no one is ever interested in trade proposals.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haula for Minneso.... oh, damn!

Scandella was another one. May not have been elite defensively, but he was reliable, usually.

Gotta be honest, don't really think the Wild have one this year. Brodin is the closest but I don't think he really fits.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Tom Wilson is the easy answer for Capitals.
Judging on any of the 100 topics he has gotten here, his valued close to nothing in other fanbases. In fact couple franchises would throw up just for the idea of having to take him. What he brings for our team is way beyond than your average 16th overall pick, that has gotten lot of "wasted pick" comments. I would be devastated to see him leave for anything that wasnt an abnormal overpayment.

Brooks Orpik is the suprise answer for Capitals.
With his big negative value it just isnt anywhere close to being worth it to trade him out. His caphit is a killer, but we keep on surviving it just fine. He also isnt the liability that he is called out for. Guy is actually still a solid defencive dman, just a little too much ice time is forced on his shoulders. For me it would be just unbearable to give 1st + to get rid of his on- and especially off-ice effect for our youngish D. The anti-Orpik crew should quit the whining, this guy is still good for us. Lets view back onto this next summer.

Bubbling Under : Grubauer. As goalie market has inflated, no reason to trade out one of the best backups in the league. Plan B between the posts sound alot better right now than an iffy pick or prospect.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Speaking for our coach, Andrew MacDonald.

Viewed as a camp dump here, Hak has him on the top pairing for the 2nd year in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad