London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Don’t fix what isn’t broken. If you bring in new players you may upset the chemistry.

They have won 7 in a row and most without 3 big guns and people on here still want trades.

This may be a year where Hunter stands pat at the deadline and I would applaud him for it.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Don’t fix what isn’t broken. If you bring in new players you may upset the chemistry.

They have won 7 in a row and most without 3 big guns and people on here still want trades.

This may be a year where Hunter stands pat at the deadline and I would applaud him for it.
I would feel ok about this if it's the deadline outcome...

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I’d be okay with standing pat its a great team the way it is. They could use a top 6 but it’s not as critical as last year.

We do need a place for some of the youngsters to play, lots of OHL level 17/18 year olds

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Is it a misuse of assets to target Mayer or Nelson? Or does it make sense since they’d slot in on the top pair with Sam?

Still think Peer fits like a glove but Hunter may not like his lack of defensive game and soft play.

Dubois?

Reactions: Section5Petes

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Jeff Marek reporting Josh Bloom likely will end up with Saginaw. Spirit had traded him to North Bay last year for a big haul of picks, and will get him back for free as North Bay had release him. A “Hunter-esque” acquisition for Saginaw who are also the reported front runners for Beck.
Hoping the Knights make one trade and one trade only….Jax Dubois please!

dino200022

Jeff Marek reporting Josh Bloom likely will end up with Saginaw. Spirit had traded him to North Bay last year for a big haul of picks, and will get him back for free as North Bay had release him. A “Hunter-esque” acquisition for Saginaw who are also the reported front runners for Beck.
Bloom is coming back from Pro?

• Wow
Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I like this London team, and the young ones following up at junior B level, very promising future. Are they deep enough to go far, I think they are there or are very close to be. Do they need improvement, yes there are areas for improvement for at lease one more experience D for depth since Mackinnon may not be back and at center ice. I just don't believe they are deep enough at center with what they have now. Sure they are good, now at mid-season and they will improve some more, but what they are lacking of or will be if it's stay as is, it's OHL playoffs experience in the middle. I afraid as good as they are right now plus another three months added on before play-offs, it just might not be enough to win it all.

Mark and Dale could stay as it is, pickup playoffs experience this year and look to next season to go for it. They will have a killer team next year with all their returns. This might be more realistic given the competition this year in the west conference, in any case if they want to push this season they'll need some experienced help at center and in the depth department. As a team they do look fine they have bought into their team system, and that is a big plus to gel as a team but it may not be enough, their competition still have a big say about how far they will go IMHO

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I like this London team, and the young ones following up at junior B level, very promising future. Are they deep enough to go far, I think they are there or are very close to be. Do they need improvement, yes there are areas for improvement for at lease one more experience D for depth since Mackinnon may not be back and at center ice. I just don't believe they are deep enough at center with what they have now. Sure they are good, now at mid-season and they will improve some more, but what they are lacking of or will be if it's stay as is, it's OHL playoffs experience in the middle. I afraid as good as they are right now plus another three months added on before play-offs, it just might not be enough to win it all.

Mark and Dale could stay as it is, pickup playoffs experience this year and look to next season to go for it. They will have a killer team next year with all their returns. This might be more realistic given the competition this year in the west conference, in any case if they want to push this season they'll need some experienced help at center and in the depth department. As a team they do look fine they have bought into their team system, and that is a big plus to gel as a team but it may not be enough, their competition still have a big say about how far they will go IMHO
I can't see London as being all in, next year they have their core of Bonk, Cowan and Barkey at their 19 year old seasons... plus Dickenson. Mark is likely to tinker, restock a bit, and pull the trigger around next year's group.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Saginaw has built a strong program. They’ve come a long way from 20 years ago. I agree that a potential Bloom move is London or Hunter-esque.

I can't see London as being all in, next year they have their core of Bonk, Cowan and Barkey at their 19 year old seasons... plus Dickenson. Mark is likely to tinker, restock a bit, and pull the trigger around next year's group.

Yeah, I think this is reasonable. I’d be shopping one of the 04 D for some picks with the emergence of Woolley and to a lesser extent - Jenken. Just seems like good asset mgmt while not throwing in the towel this year. You could still pick up an 03 forward if you want.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Seems like no done deals. If North Bay is selling I’m wondering if our Adam D Dennis connection will help foster some deals between the teams?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Saginaw has built a strong program. They’ve come a long way from 20 years ago. I agree that a potential Bloom move is London or Hunter-esque.

Yeah, I think this is reasonable. I’d be shopping one of the 04 D for some picks with the emergence of Woolley and to a lesser extent - Jenken. Just seems like good asset mgmt while not throwing in the towel this year. You could still pick up an 03 forward if you want.
I love Woolley and think he should get regular minutes, but to downgrade our D to do so seems like it wouldn’t make sense for the trajectory of this team.

So our D is deep:

Bonk, Dickinson, George, Edward are as good of a top 4 as any. If we could get a vet to play on that 3rd pair with Woolley, Jenkin , Fagen and Brz?
Speaking of Brz I think it’s hard to take him out of the line up he can play forward as well as any. That versatility is too valuable

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I love Woolley and think he should get regular minutes, but to downgrade our D to do so seems like it wouldn’t make sense for the trajectory of this team.

So our D is deep:

Bonk, Dickinson, George, Edward are as good of a top 4 as any. If we could get a vet to play on that 3rd pair with Woolley, Jenkin , Fagen and Brz?
Speaking of Brz I think it’s hard to take him out of the line up he can play forward as well as any. That versatility is too valuable
Fair enough. I agree that the most likely outcome is a tweak or two with no selling of veterans. Keep the team competitive this year and next. Which is London’s MO. Just think that this team needs to figure out a way to get more draft picks. With all due respect to this player, 18 teams are not lining up to give a 2nd for Kaeden Johnston.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad