London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I’m wondering if it’s just a short tinker for the Knights. Seemingly with our 05 and 06 group we could be good this year and the next two….

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
as Purple Phart said in the previous thread, moving an 04 Defenseman at the deadline is probably the best option if the plan is to add to the forwards without touching the draft picks. The two prospects of highest value, Hagens & Moore probably wont report to any other team, all of the 16/17 players in JR.B are good depth for now but wont return you much more than a 3rd round pick per player & as much as we all love the 3 04 defenseman on the team, 2 of them are likely not back next year anyways. This would be a much clearer picture if anyone knew what was actually going on with Mackinnon.

Reactions: Purple Phart

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
The Knights need a 1 or 2 forwards, they are good on the back end. Not sure if anyone knows what the deal is with Ethan McKinnon. He's taking up an OA spot and not playing, is he injured?

My list of guys that are tradeable:

Ethan McKinnon
Alec Leonard
Chris O'Flaherty
Ryder and Sawyer Boulton
Kaeden Johnston
Rene Van Bommell
Evan Van Gorp

They did get some pics in trades earlier in the year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
The Knights need a 1 or 2 forwards, they are good on the back end. Not sure if anyone knows what the deal is with Ethan McKinnon. He's taking up an OA spot and not playing, is he injured?

Ethan McKinnon
Alec Leonard
Chris O'Flaherty
Ryder and Sawyer Boulton
Kaeden Johnston
Rene Van Bommell
Evan Van Gorp

O'Flaherty was released,is now a free agent,has been home for over 2 weeks.

Reactions: TheCoach

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

Ethan McKinnon
Alec Leonard
Chris O'Flaherty
Ryder and Sawyer Boulton
Kaeden Johnston
Rene Van Bommell
Evan Van Gorp

My updated list of expendables (and McCue has been taken off that list, obviously) that could be packaged to bring in 1-2 forwards (in order of how much each could bring back in return):
Will Nichol
Jackson Edward (if we can slide in another capable D)
Kaeden Johnston
Rene Van Bommel
Sawyer Boulton
E-mac (don't think he will play again due to health)

dino200022

Zero chance Edward is going anywhere unless it is for a massive upgrade. Kid has the moxie and has really limited his silly penalties this year. He plays the type of game the Hunters like so I see him more on the Off Limits side.

The addition of Sim has helped make us a better 3 line team, only 7 forwards have double digit point totals ( Sim is at 9 in 9 GP ) so if we can add a solid vet forward I think that is all they really need. Providing Gaz can play this way the rest of the year. With the addition of Woolley providing he stays, or is on the playoff roster I think they back end is set. First thing they have to do is get an honest opinion on E-Mac here to see his status ( I am sure they have to already know ).

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Agreed with @Starry Knight about faceoffs and defence.

Don’t see London trading D but it would make sense for a myriad of reasons.

Most likely scenarios:

1) Peer acquired for picks
2) Moore traded/declared defective
3) MacKinnon released
4) Johnston moved al la Ben Bujold last year.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would not have done the HB trade with the limited picks and defensive depth already in place.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
My updated list of expendables (and McCue has been taken off that list, obviously) that could be packaged to bring in 1-2 forwards (in order of how much each could bring back in return):
Will Nichol
Jackson Edward (if we can slide in another capable D)
Kaeden Johnston
Rene Van Bommel
Sawyer Boulton
E-mac (don't think he will play again due to health)
Yeah, Nicholl could use a larger opportunity elsewhere. Not sure what his fair market value is outside of Niagara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad