London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I hope they take these first two games seriously and play up to their potential. Go Knights Go!

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Curious about Arrowsmith’s omission from the roster. Maybe just an error on the crappy OHL website.
I've had my eye on this too. Even Elite Prospects doesn't have anything for him for this season. If he was going to Jr.B he would have been registered with a team by now. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
anyone know if Nicholl will be back tonight?

Seemingly no 07 forwards made the opening night roster. I’m wondering if they’ll go 11-7 for tonight?

Hometown boys:

Simpson

MacKinnon

Cowan
Julien
Crane (I’m assuming we would consider Union local?

Willmore is from London as well, have the Knights ever had an all London crease? Kind of cool!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So assuming by now no Cowan for tonight. Is Edward also still in Boston?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So who gets to play on the big line with Barkey and Halttunnen?

I gotta think O’Reilly will be getting top 6 mins tonight.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
So who gets to play on the big line with Barkey and Halttunnen?

I gotta think O’Reilly will be getting top 6 mins tonight.
Here is my prediction!

Gazizov- Barkey - Halttunnen
Crane - Julien - McCue
O'Reilly - Copeland - Johnston
Boulton - Van Gorp (Nicholl if Healthy) - Arrowsmith (Although, some rumblings he's not on the roster)

Dickinson - George
Bonk - MacKinnon
Leonard - Brzustewicz

Simpson
Willmore

That bottom line is really tough to predict right now with the injury for Sim and Cowan at camp. I also saw 11-7 Suggested, unless they are dressing Fagan or Jenken, they only have 6 D on the roster.

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Here is my prediction!

Gazizov- Barkey - Halttunnen
Crane - Julien - McCue
O'Reilly - Copeland - Johnston
Boulton - Van Gorp (Nicholl if Healthy) - Arrowsmith (Although, some rumblings he's not on the roster)

Dickinson - George
Bonk - MacKinnon
Leonard - Brzustewicz

Simpson
Willmore

That bottom line is really tough to predict right now with the injury for Sim and Cowan at camp. I also saw 11-7 Suggested, unless they are dressing Fagan or Jenken, they only have 6 D on the roster.
It’s so lovely!

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I thought we played the Ice Dogs tonight lol
Their a little far from home!
16959967618984470223436245326565.jpg

• Haha

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas

LEADERSHIP: Like last year, the captaincy will be sorted out when all players have returned from NHL camps. “You’ve got to wait for everyone to come back and do a vote to be fair,” Dale Hunter said. McGurn and Londoner George Diaco split the co-captain duties last season, but Logan Mailloux and veteran goalie Brett Brochu were vocal in the room. Max McCue was close with all of them last year and saw first-hand how the older Knights led the way. “We haven’t talked about (captains) yet,” the overager said. “Anyone in there can wear an ‘A’ or a ‘C’. But obviously (as an older player), you want to be a leader on this team. Whether you get a letter or not, you’re still vocal in the room and just lead by example on the ice.” In London, it’s mostly a shared responsibility, anyway.

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Looking forward to a fantastic season. I think we can be better than last year with steady goaltending and a deep returning core. Go Knights

Reactions: nelli27

dino200022

AS far as letters go, I can't say there is anyone on the current roster that has all the intangibles at handling the pressure this season is going to bring. I believe the adding of Simpson is going to bring a lot of leadership to the room but will obvious not be wearing a letter.

Might be outside of the box thinking on my part but this is what I like on Jerseys anyways. As has been previously discussed I think it is going to be a committee in the locker room this year.

White Jersey
C- George
A- Cowan
A- McCue

Dark Jersey
C - George
A - Barkey
A - Bonk

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
AS far as letters go, I can't say there is anyone on the current roster that has all the intangibles at handling the pressure this season is going to bring. I believe the adding of Simpson is going to bring a lot of leadership to the room but will obvious not be wearing a letter.

Might be outside of the box thinking on my part but this is what I like on Jerseys anyways. As has been previously discussed I think it is going to be a committee in the locker room this year.

White Jersey
C- George
A- Cowan
A- McCue

Dark Jersey
C - George
A - Barkey
A - Bonk
I think you can look at this core of guys: Simpson, Barkey, Bonk, Cowan, Dickinson, McCue, Mackinnon, George and even guys like Julien, Edward and Crane as all guys who could wear a letter. The leadership on this team is deep.

Pretty sure they take every game seriously. You don't play for the Hunters otherwise
That is very very true Bob

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

I think you can look at this core of guys: Simpson, Barkey, Bonk, Cowan, Dickinson, McCue, Mackinnon, George and even guys like Julien, Edward and Crane as all guys who could wear a letter. The leadership on this team is deep.

That is very very true Bob

Absolutely, like I said in the post it is going to be by committee in the locker room this year without a doubt. BUt I would imagine that there has to be a rule from putting 8 A's on a Jersey every night. I think it would also makes things a bit more stable if they just have 1 "C" and from my opinion George has earned it. But I am not in that locker room so totally an outsiders opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad