London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I think if they go dual, it will be Cowan and Barkey.

I can't see Bonk or Dickinson getting letters this season, as I feel like it would be a slap in the face of the more senior guys, MacKinnon, Edward and George....next year yes, but not this season.
I tend to agree with you, any combination of leaders could work this year.
There are just not enough letters for the leaders on this year London Knights team

Bonk has been progressing ever since his spare days as a junior B call-up as is Cowan as well, their progressions are a signs of leadership by example they are not necessarily room leaders. this is why I juggested the dual combination as I think every team could use leaders by example in their lineup. a great quality to have in a team player. Dickinson is all that and will be the Knights leader for the future along with Brzustewicz following him. But for now I do believe Bonk has earned his leadership recognition as a Knight, and McCue's play speak for itself on and off the ice as a leader. IMHO Cheers !

Reactions: zman77

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Is Jackson Edward having a good camp? Do you think he gets signed?

Who is this? Is it Brochu?

Or Houser? I’m not sure….
You would think they would say who it is in the post? lol

At first I was like, that's Brochu, he has his mask. But the equipment certainly isn't something I would think he would be wearing, as he should be breaking in equipment for his new team, Fort Wayne, which is black and orange.

Houser also doesn't really make sense, based on equipment and doesn't look like him to me.

So, in conclusion. I am also confused ... lol

mehavecable

Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
I expect Easton Cowan to be returned to London from the Leafs after tonight’s game in St. Thomas cuz why not, and it’s close and then he doesn’t have to travel back to London from very far.
I really doubt they make the decision as to when to return Cowan b/c of the travel time to London.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Hunters typically go with older leadership. Over the past 10 years there have only been 6 players to get letters within their first 3 years with London. Marner was the only one to have a letter at 17

Marner - A - 17
Marner - C - 18
Foudy - A - 18
Bouchard - C - 18
Thomas - A -18
Horvat - A - 18
Harrington - A - 18

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I have not seen Noah Jenken play. And this is why Mark and Dale are tops in player development, after only one pre-season game they saw him fit to sign. Congratulation Noah on your signing have shown the brass all right stuff
He's been playing with the rockets so far this season and hasn't looked out of place he's a strong kid

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I pop in my with my annual who cares about the letters except for a feather in a cap. Players follow leaders in the room, on/off ice regardless of letters.
Respect from officials also doesn't require a letter stitched on a jersey.
Much ado about nothing but I get it's a topic many have interest in.

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
😃 😊 kasper is on his way!
1000003502.jpg

Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Is the signing of Jenkin indicative of anything? We have a lot of signed D

TKFan29

Aug 28, 2018
Is the signing of Jenkin indicative of anything? We have a lot of si
J

No I don't think so, just depth for now. Defencemen drop like flies throughout the year so you can never have enough capable D's in your pipeline. His brother was a first round OHLer, so you never know he could develop

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
anyone know if Nicholl will be back tonight?

Seemingly no 07 forwards made the opening night roster. I’m wondering if they’ll go 11-7 for tonight?

Hometown boys:

Simpson

MacKinnon

Cowan
Julien
Crane (I’m assuming we would consider Union local?)

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Seemingly no 07 forwards made the opening night roster. I’m wondering if they’ll go 11-7 for tonight?

Hometown boys:

Simpson

MacKinnon

Cowan
Julien
Crane (I’m assuming we would consider Union local

Hometown boys:

Simpson

MacKinnon

Cowan
Julien
Crane (I’m assuming we would consider Union local?)
Owen Willmore is from London as well , it's first , I believe, that we see a goaltenteing tandem from London playing for the Kinights

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad