London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
simpson and mackenzie are interesting, played on very good teams. ottawa for sure was a very, very strugued and very good team unit. so is it the goalie or the team? debate at all levels of hockey. i think probably both personally with both simpson and mackenzie.

Compare MacK to Donoso from a numbers perspective. MacK didn’t just play the backup role against bottom feeders.

MacK = 1.88 And .928% (1567 minutes - less than two starts away from qualifying)
Donoso = 2.72 and .898%

MacK stole games early in the season when Ottawa had no business winning games. I know a lot of people point to Ottawa as having a strong team but they had a relatively long stretch where they were unhealthy and nowhere near the level of play they had the first 10 games when they turned heads. That is because of MacK.

If we are talking strictly about stealing games, MacK is that guy and was that guy last year. Hopefully Ottawa will find a spot for Donoso and get that trade done because MacK needs the reigns and we need to see what he can do as a starter for just an above average team. This is why I suggest he may sneak into that #2 role that Simpson currently holds down.

I like DiVin. I think with all due respect to the rest of the league, he is the guy that holds the crown. You cant just run up beside him. You need to rip the crown off his head which means someone is going to have to outplay him by a strong measure. I don’t see anyone doing that in the regular season. They have to ante up and run it out in the Post-Season.

Reactions: tjziel

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
And quite possibly my walking days
I understand you ! If I can offer a little advice, don't lose hope, power of the mind can be really strong. In 1973 I experienced a career ending injury to my left hip, I am also bolted together, unfortunately hip replacements were not as advance back then as it is today . I too was told walking would be a hard thing to do for me in my future. With a lot of persistence and six surgeries later and the help of a cane I have found ways to manage around fairly well not without a cane mind you but I can walk. The moral here here is don't give up. Cheers man !

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Love how the Knights go shopping early and geter done. Simpson is and was THE GUY to go and get for sure.and the price was fair if not a little less then expected? Getting Diaco early last year was huge for that teams success. Drop the puck on some real games and lets see what we got! So hopeful this year's team gels like last season. You had the sense last years team were all best friends that would go thru a wall for each other.

Any body know how we look for 2nds and 3rds for the next 3-4 years?

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Love how the Knights go shopping early and geter done. Simpson is and was THE GUY to go and get for sure.and the price was fair if not a little less then expected? Getting Diaco early last year was huge for that teams success. Drop the puck on some real games and lets see what we got! So hopeful this year's team gels like last season. You had the sense last years team were all best friends that would go thru a wall for each other.

Any body know how we look for 2nds and 3rds for the next 3-4 years?
I believe London has three 3rds and two 2nds over the next four drafts.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cowan will be back after tonight’s performance. I agree with you all now

Reactions: TheCoach

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
I know people on here said there's no way cowan would stay up with the leafs, but with the way he is playing and how the staff are praising him- makes me believe he might not be coming back.
Our scoring won't be that good outside of barkey, o Reilly,? Nicholl? and Dickinson. Halttunen and George haven't come back yet either

Cowan will be back after tonight’s performance. I agree with you all now
I thought he looked good? Fans and staff are praising him

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I know people on here said there's no way cowan would stay up with the leafs, but with the way he is playing and how the staff are praising him- makes me believe he might not be coming back.
Our scoring won't be that good outside of barkey, o Reilly,? Nicholl? and Dickinson. Halttunen and George haven't come back yet either

I thought he looked good? Fans and staff are praising him
George will be back once the Islander clear him from the nasty fall into the boards yesterday

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
When will the leadership team be named? Cowan should get the C

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I’d be very surprised if Cowan made the NHL at 18. However, this is a development league. No need to get worked up. If he or George made it this year, it is a great accomplishment by the players and the organization. It’s a good thing.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I’d be very surprised if Cowan made the NHL at 18. However, this is a development league. No need to get worked up. If he or George made it this year, it is a great accomplishment by the players and the organization. It’s a good thing.
As much as I’d hope they make it I just don’t think they will. Cowan will have a lovely year!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I'd give the C to Dickinson

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I feel like he has really matured over the last 6-8 months.....I think I might actually give it to McCue. He's been around the longest, is the most vocal, is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and has drastically cut down on foolish penalties!

McCue C
Cowan A
Barkey A
George A

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I'd give the C to Dickinson
I'll say it again: my belief is that EMAC 17 will get the 'C'.
Now that's just my belief, not my wish.
I think we will see One C (EM17) and 4 A's - 2 Home and 2 Away.
My guesses for As are: Cowan, Barkey, George and Dickinson (maybe McCue or Bonk)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I feel like he has really matured over the last 6-8 months.....I think I might actually give it to McCue. He's been around the longest, is the most vocal, is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win and has drastically cut down of foolish penalties!

McCue C
Cowan A
Barkey A
George A
Would like to see them going dual again this year, it seem to work well the last two times they've tried it

Here are my picks for the letter carriers of 2023-24 season;
C. McCue
C. Bonk
A. Cowan
A. Dickinson
A. George

Reactions: Knights Watcher

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I'll say it again: my belief is that EMAC 17 will get the 'C'.
Now that's just my belief, not my wish.
I think we will see One C (EM17) and 4 A's - 2 Home and 2 Away.
My guesses for As are: Cowan, Barkey, George and Dickinson (maybe McCue or Bonk)
Lots of leadership

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Would like to see them going dual again this year, it seem to work well the last two times they've tried it

Here are my picks for the letter carriers of 2023-24 season;
C. McCue
C. Bonk
A. Cowan
A. Dickinson
A. George

I think if they go dual, it will be Cowan and Barkey.

I can't see Bonk or Dickinson getting letters this season, as I feel like it would be a slap in the face of the more senior guys, MacKinnon, Edward and George....next year yes, but not this season.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad