London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I wouldn't worry too much on goal production for this 23-24 season, in most cases every player improves on their previous output of their season before in CHL

Of course if you are a fan you want to see more goals go in, if you are in the building part you want to see less goals against so the team doesn't need to score as many to win a game. A player has more chances of moving up if he plays better the latter part of this game. London Knights success is due to the smarts of the Hunters and co., so as a fan I don't worry too much about this year's team production.

Reactions: LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Denver Barkey and Oliver Bonk were returned to London from the Flyers last night.

I expect Easton Cowan to be returned to London from the Leafs after tonight’s game in St. Thomas cuz why not, and it’s close and then he doesn’t have to travel back to London from very far.

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Denver Barkey and Oliver Bonk were returned to London from the Flyers last night.

I expect Easton Cowan to be returned to London from the Leafs after tonight’s game in St. Thomas cuz why not, and it’s close and then he doesn’t have to travel back to London from very far.
ill be you he stays a lot longer then that

LKfan

Sep 19, 2017
Love Cowan as a player. Happy he will be a TML but can't imagine he sticks this year. Roberstson scored 55 goals in OHL a few years ago and still hasn't made the TML.

Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Love Cowan as a player. Happy he will be a TML but can't imagine he sticks this year. Roberstson scored 55 goals in OHL a few years ago and still hasn't made the TML.
zero change. they cant really even afford him because hes on a rookie deal that could pay him 3/4 million if he hits bonuses. they cant afford those bonuses

With the possibility of another surgery coming up I won't be attending many games this season. My season tickets will likely be available for many games

Attachments

• Ankle Lt Routine_3.png
    Ankle Lt Routine_3.png
    643.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: howler2 and LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Anyone know when Nicholl will be back? He could be the main piece to land a big name. I hope he isn't because kids got it but it's the price you pay for championship runs

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas

The Penguins made Reid McNeil fly from London to Pittsburgh just so he could board a bus with the other rookies to come to London for a rookie tournament.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

I honestly think as much as I want Easton to come back asap. I think he has earned himself a longer look.

With the possibility of another surgery coming up I won't be attending many games this season. My season tickets will likely be available for many games
Yikes hope you heal up buddy

Anyone know when Nicholl will be back? He could be the main piece to land a big name. I hope he isn't because kids got it but it's the price you pay for championship runs
I read in the paper it could be Friday.

They are different though. Easton is seemingly more responsible defensively and more versatile.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

SteveCrow1

Aug 31, 2021
George had a rough game for the Islanders last night a couple of turnovers - one leading to a Rangers goal. Also took a header into the boards and didn't see much ice time after. Islanders coach mentioned he had a rough game and has some things to work on. Would expect him back in London fairly soon. Best thing for him getting back to London , gain confidence and get a better chance with Islanders best season.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wow Rolofs is the captain of the Gens. Congrats to him. He would have been a serviceable Knight. Glad to see him have a successful OHl career

Reactions: Fastpace

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Peterborough did not have a good defence last year. Their defence as a full core on the back end was average at best. They had a strong playoff but mostly because Spearing came back. Once he came back, the rest of the defence crew in the playoffs elevated their game and at that point Simpson didn’t need to “steal games.”

IMO Simpson was the 2nd best goalie in the league last season behind DiVin. He played a full season in front of an underperforming team with no push back in the regular season but still managed to maintain top 3 numbers as a starter. He literally stole games throughout the regular season when the team wasn’t scoring. In the playoffs, when the defence core managed to find a way to put it together, he didn’t need to steal games, or at least it didn’t show that way.

Simpson enters the season as the #2 guy in the league. I have a feeling we will see MacKenzie step up and challenge for that spot but regardless, he will be sick in net for a team with a solid defence. If London has a hard time scoring consistently, you will see him steal games.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Peterborough did not have a good defence last year. Their defence as a full core on the back end was average at best. They had a strong playoff but mostly because Spearing came back. Once he came back, the rest of the defence crew in the playoffs elevated their game and at that point Simpson didn’t need to “steal games.”

IMO Simpson was the 2nd best goalie in the league last season behind DiVin. He played a full season in front of an underperforming team with no push back in the regular season but still managed to maintain top 3 numbers as a starter. He literally stole games throughout the regular season when the team wasn’t scoring. In the playoffs, when the defence core managed to find a way to put it together, he didn’t need to steal games, or at least it didn’t show that way.

Simpson enters the season as the #2 guy in the league. I have a feeling we will see MacKenzie step up and challenge for that spot but regardless, he will be sick in net for a team with a solid defence. If London has a hard time scoring consistently, you will see him steal games.
This guy knows his stuff! Totally agree!

Yes like I said before in this thread, Dominic DiVincentis is in a tier of his own as the best goalie (we would have had to pay a lot to get him).

Then in tier 2 we have Michael Simpson and Colin McKenzie.

Tier 3 would be guys like Anson Thorton, Joey Costanzo, and Ben Gaudreau.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

simpson and mackenzie are interesting, played on very good teams. ottawa for sure was a very, very strugued and very good team unit. so is it the goalie or the team? debate at all levels of hockey. i think probably both personally with both simpson and mackenzie.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Simpson will allow our D to play that puck moving game they all like to. It’ll be a fun year.

Who’s watching Cowan tonight. Hopefully he has another good game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad