London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
From the lists I've seen,
Forwards
Caleb Malhotra
Logan Howery
Gage Brandon
Beckham Edwards
Maximus Crete
Defense
Colin Fitzgerald
Sam Wathier
Carter Hicks
Eric Frossard

Just some potentials. Beckham Edwards is the one I have my eye on. Similar situation to William Moore last year, is a highly rated prospect but has committed to USHL for next year, Except he is from London. If he falls to London's pick and they risk it on him, I have a hard time believing a kid from London doesn't show up to camp.
Well it’s nice to know we have a great prospect from London. However, I think I think the Knights learn from our William Moore pick and take less risk in the first round this time around. I think since Edwards is already signed in the USHL that will already scare off most teams, so I think the earliest pick we would consider him is the compensation pick in the second round we got for William Moore.

However, as much as I did just say that, I am really intrigued by Caleb Malhotra. However, I don’t think he’s committed at this point in time.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Well it’s nice to know we have a great prospect from London. However, I think I think the Knights learn from our William Moore pick and take less risk in the first round this time around. I think since Edwards is already signed in the USHL that will already scare off most teams, so I think the earliest pick we would consider him is the compensation pick in the second round we got for William Moore.

However, as much as I did just say that, I am really intrigued by Caleb Malhotra. However, I don’t think he’s committed at this point in time.
Colin Fitzgerald, I believe, is a forward. He's been lighting it up at OHL Cup.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Kid from London sounds good, but Crete would also be a good fit. I feel like a lot of those forwards sound great! Where does our comp 2nd end up? Could we grab two “first round” talents?
Well ! We were told by alien posters we have a friend in the OHL head office, why don't we call him, maybe he can make it happen for us ;)

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

JRHockeyBUZZZ

Mar 28, 2024
Happy OHL Playoff Kickoff day! 4 games kicking off tonight- 4 more tomorrow night including
(1) London vs (8) Flint - From the Bud @7:00Pm.

London the heavy favourites coming into the playoffs as the #1 Seed. Where as Flint respectively coming in as the 8 Seed in the Conference and long shots to win this series..

London took the season series 3-1. Including a convincing 9-2 win back on Feb 7th.

London coming in with 9 50+ Point getters this season- Being lead by Flyers Prospect & 100+ point man Denver Barkey & Leafs Easton Cowan respectively with 96 (36 Game point streak).

Knights look to their back end consisting of Sam Dickinson, Oliver Bonk, Jackson Edward & Isaiah George to suppress the Firebirds offense. Michael Simpson is looking to "run it back" and earn himself back to back OHL championships albeit playing on the team he defeated last year. The Overage goalie put together a fantastic season posting a .905 Save% & Goals Against Average of 2.61 While earning 34 Wins and 4 shutouts throughout his 48GP. The 2023 Wayne Gretzky award winner looks to find the magic with the Green & Black that he was able to find with the Maroon & White.

On the other side the Firebirds are coming in being lead by overage forward Nolan Dann. The UofG commit put up 64 points in 65 games this year. on the Backend 05 Defenseman and Dallas draft pick Tristan Bertucci is going to have his hands full trying to shut down the potent Knights offense.
Oilers draft pick Nathan Day is expected to see a ton of rubber in this series something he is used to as he has faced the 9th most shots in the league this season.

Special teams will be a big factor as the highest PP% in the internet era Knights will be up against the 12th overall placed Pk of the Firebirds.

If Flint has any chance of pulling off an upset they are going to need to Suppress the knights lethal offense and capitalize on the chances they are given.

I think London is far too strong and plays their system too effectively to fall to the Birds.

I could see Flint taking 1 game. With that being said my prediction is Knights in 5

Good luck to both teams and both fanbases!

Last edited:

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
From the lists I've seen,
Forwards
Caleb Malhotra
Logan Howery
Gage Brandon
Beckham Edwards
Maximus Crete
Defense
Colin Fitzgerald
Sam Wathier
Carter Hicks
Eric Frossard

Just some potentials. Beckham Edwards is the one I have my eye on. Similar situation to William Moore last year, is a highly rated prospect but has committed to USHL for next year, Except he is from London. If he falls to London's pick and they risk it on him, I have a hard time believing a kid from London doesn't show up to camp.
Beckham Edwards moved to Michigan to play Little Caesars and with the NIL in the NCAA I don't see him reporting even if London drafts him.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
OHL CUP 2024**TOP SCORERS
PlayerTeamGPGAPTSPIM
1Colin FitzgeraldPeterborough Petes685138
2Pierce MbuyiToronto Marlboros567132
3Brady SmithNorth York Rangers6102120
4Adam ValentiniToronto Marlboros557120
5Evan HeadrickOakville Rangers665110
6Ethan BelchetzOakville Rangers655100
7Matt SouterPeterborough Petes637102
8Jack YatesUpper Canada Cyclones44590
9Camryn WarrenNorth York Rangers64590
10Jaxson HarismowichOakville Rangers61890
11Logan HaweryBarrie Colts55380
12Ryder CareyOakville Rangers65384
13Carter StevensOttawa Valley Titans44480
14Maximus CreteUpper Canada Cyclones43586
15Braydon LindsayOttawa Valley Titans42684
16Alexander HageVaughan Kings62680
17Alex McLeanBarrie Colts51782
18Colton WoodsMississauga Rebels54372
19Tyler ChallengerNorth York Rangers64374
20Christian ArmstrongOakville Rangers62574

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Gazizov, Sim injury updates???
Pyettes article said that sim is expected to be back for this weekend. Gazizov was going to try to be in skates this week. Don't think he'll be ready for this series but that's my opinion.
Coaching staff did say gazizovs injury isn't as bad as they thought it was

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Pyettes article said that sim is expected to be back for this weekend. Gazizov was going to try to be in skates this week. Don't think he'll be ready for this series but that's my opinion.
Coaching staff did say gazizovs injury isn't as bad as they thought it was
Thanks... That's the last news I heard too. Just wondering if it's been updated.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Game 1: Flint @ London
Statistically, the difference between these two teams is "Knight" and "Day", however it's a new season, and every game will be a challenge.
Hunter and crew always do a great job preparing the team for the playoffs.
Can't wait for puck drop!

Reactions: Geff and zman77

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
I went to a single Knights game at Bud Gardens this season, it was vs Flint in November. The Knights looked absolutely horrendous that game (except for Julien). I understand they've been on a roll since then but don't count out the Firebirds.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I went to a single Knights game at Bud Gardens this season, it was vs Flint in November. The Knights looked absolutely horrendous that game (except for Julien). I understand they've been on a roll since then but don't count out the Firebirds.
Most of the posters on this board had the Knights written off back then too.

This is a completely different Knights team since then.

Reactions: Geff and Fastpace

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Anyone know how the “fight clock” works come playoffs? Example: if Boulton gets in a fight is he suspended? Does it reset to an allowable 3 fights? Is it a free for all?
Thanks in advance :)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Z
There is no reset. Your record and fight tally carries over from the regular season.

Can you buy the suspension back?
Some you can in POs, but i gotta recheck the criteria. Is it the auto game length suspensions?
Any1 wanna save me 5 minutes searching lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad