London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Post-game thoughts:

Knights win 3-0.
Dale Hunter solves the "3 Body Problem"....friggin' genius:
14:x:36
14 y:36

x=7
y=23

Not much flow to the game; tight checking; that's the style of play Flint wanted, and their game plan was somewhat effective. Flint's PK was good.
Simpson...locked in; saves his best for the playoffs.
George was outstanding in his role as shutdown D-man.
3rd line accounts for most of the scoring (Lawrence x2). Lawrence was a beast.
Turning point: Knights killing a 5 on 3 PP (full 2:00), and Cowan's speed forces Mancini to take a penalty.
Cowan with the EN.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
A complete game by the Knights. I do think we miss Gazizov as he helps create depth scoring, but let Gazizov heal up and hopefully he’s ready for the second round if we get there. But other than that, the Knights kept the shots to the outside and never allowed a Grade A scoring chance.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
3-0 playoffs hockey, I like it

Even though the Firebirds were only two shots away from tiying this game, but against the Knights tight team defence and Simpson, I wish them lots of luck

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Anyone know how the “fight clock” works come playoffs? Example: if Boulton gets in a fight is he suspended? Does it reset to an allowable 3 fights? Is it a free for all?
Thanks in advance :)
Fights reset for playoffs so everyone starts at zero,

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I do think we miss Gazizov as he helps create depth scoring, but let Gazizov heal up and hopefully he’s ready for the second round if we get there.
Agreed the way he was pointing at his ankle and couldn't put much weight on it when it happened makes me think pòssible high ankle sprain? If that's the case they can be tricky to heal and can drag on. Let him rest but keep him as ready as possible I don't think we have to have him to get past Flint.

Reactions: LDN and tjziel

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
My daughter was performing in a local theater production in Kitchener so obviously missed the game. But statistically speaking looks like we played a fairly solid home playoff game and got the "W". Congrats Boys and to Easton with the empty netter to keep the streak alive!

Reactions: LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
My daughter was performing in a local theater production in Kitchener so obviously missed the game. But statistically speaking looks like we played a fairly solid home playoff game and got the "W". Congrats Boys and to Easton with the empty netter to keep the streak alive!
Streak doesn't officially carry into the playoffs

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I was just imagining the headlines last night in leaf land when it was looking like he might not get a point … “Cowan goes 36 Straight to end regular season, 0 in first playoff game. Will fit right in”
Easton is a playoff performer

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I had wondered about that but then I thought well why wouldn’t it? Could not think of a real advantage or disadvantage to counting playoff games but so be it! For the players development I hope not but let’s hope he is back in London and adding to it next season ….

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
According to Pyette, sounds like it may, a bit ambiguous.

"The OHL has confirmed it will continue to count Cowan’s progress through the playoffs. It’s clearly awesome PR for the league."

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Otto

According to Pyette, sounds like it may, a bit ambiguous.

"The OHL has confirmed it will continue to count Cowan’s progress through the playoffs. It’s clearly awesome PR for the league."

I wonder if they would do it if he wasn't a Leafs prospect? I also wonder if they are going to go back and review all of the other streaks and factor in playoffs. Wasn't Gilmours 55 game streak over 2 seasons?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I also wonder if they are going to go back and review all of the other streaks and factor in playoffs.
To be fair they certainly should. But fairness often doesn’t factor into decisions like these. All about the good of the league!

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
...and then this from Pyette's most recent article.....

"STREAK ON: Cowan finished a 2-on-1 with Denver Barkey into an empty net with 49.1 seconds left in the third to extend his point streak to 37 games. It may not be official anymore, but the league will keep track of it and it’s still impressive."

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

Otto

...and then this from Pyette's most recent article.....

"STREAK ON: Cowan finished a 2-on-1 with Denver Barkey into an empty net with 49.1 seconds left in the third to extend his point streak to 37 games. It may not be official anymore, but the league will keep track of it and it’s still impressive."

So the league will count it for their social media posts... but nothing in the playoffs counts towards an actual record.... Ya.. that's SO OHL :bow:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
That call on Dickinson was obviously meant for Edward. Edward needs to settle down.
Edward needed to settle down then he got suspended twice one for headbutt and one for throwing his gloves t the camera guy.
If no one sat him down and read him the ride act I doubt they will now.
If he costs this team in the playoffs I hope he's not returning next year if he does should be given a ticket straight from Boston to a different team

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
London D with 2 goals and an assist on their own net tonight. Wow...just as I'm typing George scores a make up goal. Weird game thus far.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Not just a reset: From a team official, the rule in the playoffs doesn't exist at all
That was my initial thought as well but haven't had to keep up on Jr rules for a couple years.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Knight players should wear the white sweaters, they'd have extra points to their stats in this first period. All Firebirds goals were helped by the Knights.

On that third goal, is a prime example of what can happen when defenders slow down or stop skating against a fast team, you can count on errors to follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad