London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Congrats on the Hamilton Spectator Trophy. A formidable team that really came together. Have to be the favourites for the league title.

At least the Refs are consistent.....I mean c

I do agree with this but did you not see the guy he hit do the exact same thing one second prior.
I saw a less egregious version by a player already battling for the puck vs someone who came from a distance to do it... so... kinda yes?

Reactions: nelli27

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Another solid season like last year when many were in panick mode early on both years.
Glad LDN wasn't in charge of trades ;)
The Hunters continue to evolve and adapt to keep this team continuously competitive.
They have changed their model of acquiring talent over n over again as the landscape changes but they stay on the curve or ahead of it.
The pivots they have made as the recruiting game has changed is top notch.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I don't think they are consciously bias, I just think for the majority of them that live in and around Guelph, have families and friends to answers to when they go home
Can you please post a link to the refs home locations? I looked after the last time you posted this and cannot find anything on where they live?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Congrats to the Knights for finishing first in the regular season. They consistently surprised me all year long. Didn't think they had the scoring or the discipline but made a fool out of me.

I don't think we are scheduled to meet before the third round (except for unlikely scenario that Sag loses in the first round), so good luck in the first two rounds! You've earned this.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Congratulations on the season championship. A well balanced team on net, on D and O. Also have the toughness in the lineup to play it any way it comes. Good things should happen the the Knights this year.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
That's seven 50 win seasons for the Knights. I didn't check every team, but I think that's the most by a big Margin. Ottawa has 4, Windsor 3, Kitchener 2. Can't think of anyone else that would have more
Erie had 4 in a row but not sure if they have any others

Reactions: LDN

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Pyette's article states that sim is expected to be ready for game 1. Knights brass don't think gazizovs is not too long term and it's better than what they thought. They will try to get him into skates sometime this week

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Pyette's article states that sim is expected to be ready for game 1. Knights brass don't think gazizovs is not too long term and it's better than what they thought. They will try to get him into skates sometime this week
I’m guessing Gaz won’t be ready for round 1

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If there is time London will gravely miss a player, it'll start this Friday, wish they had brought in an experienced D to replace Ethan MacKinnon, he was just a machine in the playoffs one year ago.

Reactions: LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Just a random thought on MacKinnon, I know they announced he was out with injury for the year and stuff. But my random thought was, are they keeping him with the team because come playoffs the OA rule goes away or something? Taking the NHL Knights approach to LTIR and circumventing the "Cap".

I highly doubt that is actually how it would work and they keep him around because he's a great locker room guy and sucks he lost his final Jr. season. But would be funny to watch other fan bases explode if the Knights were allowed to dress 4 OA's lol.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Just a random thought on MacKinnon, I know they announced he was out with injury for the year and stuff. But my random thought was, are they keeping him with the team because come playoffs the OA rule goes away or something? Taking the NHL Knights approach to LTIR and circumventing the "Cap".

I highly doubt that is actually how it would work and they keep him around because he's a great locker room guy and sucks he lost his final Jr. season. But would be funny to watch other fan bases explode if the Knights were allowed to dress 4 OA's lol.
I’m pretty sure he has fully retired and is part of the coaching staff so I don’t think he could suit up. He’s a massive par of this team still and the captain. No doubt

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

No chance, he's officially out of the team lineup ever since the overage deadline in January, unfortunately, Lawrence has been a super great addition for London

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
No chance, he's officially out of the team lineup ever since the overage deadline in January, unfortunately, Lawrence has been a super great addition for London
Of course, Lawrence has has been a great add.

I know it isn't a real scenario dressing Mac, but looking at the Knights roster on the OHL site, he is still listed as a roster player. So that's what got me thinking. But like I said, I know it's not a real scenario, just wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad