London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Fiesty game. Good for London to get into these early on in the POs.
Flint took adv of a couple good bounces early but London stayed the course. I like the response physically. Flint will back down first IMO when push comes to shove. London smart so far n not crossing the line as is Flint.
Regs letting em play a bit.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Oh wow! Just watched Barrie scoring a tying goal taken away by the refs. It was 100% a goal long before any whistleblowing by the ref. What is worse is while the review, refs never had a tablet to look at, just a headset communication, replays do show clearly a goal about one full second before hearing a whistle, no penalty infraction no offside plays, it was a good goal.

• Wow
Reactions: sbpointer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
6-4 win -Playoff hockey game #2

It was a very good hockey game, Flint got 4 in, but not without London help and luck

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Erie just best the Rangers 7-4 these playoffs are going to be tight this year!!!!

Reactions: LDN

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Trying the fancy pass instead of shot and rebound. When you have a 8 year old sitting behind you yelling stop the dippsy doodle. You know it’s bad. Haven’t heard that saying for a looong time. Keep it simple quick pass shot and rebound if any. The attempted pass by Dickinson in his own zone that lead to a goal was terrible and will be addressed. Stay out of the box is a must going forward n the next few rounds.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
This team hasn't stayed out of the box all year lol. Yes they need discipline but I was ok with today's game. Flint got some great bounces but LK controlled the game .minus a few stretches.
Dickinson seems off a bit right now, not just the bad decision and back pass that led to a Flint goal but skating doesn't seem as smooth and fast esp. while working back thru the nuetral zone.
All good after 2 games.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Need to bring it I the next two for sure! Both massive games. Flint proved they can hang with us today!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Need to bring it I the next two for sure! Both massive games. Flint proved they can hang with us today!
Flint won't get the same bounces every game. I don't think Flint proved they are in this series. Not an insult just a tough match up for them as they don't have an advantage in any part of the game.
Lk controlled the play for the most part.
I'll agree thou, gotta bring it every game.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Flint won't get the same bounces every game. I don't think Flint proved they are in this series.
Agreed kinda reminds me of our last Memorial Cup winning year when Owen Sound won 2 games in the first round. Some folks still say “Owen Sound” threw one hell of a scare into us ……. Not even close. Sorry LDN but Flint still has a lot of work to do to say they can hang with us IMO? For sure though proved you can’t sleep on them or they are capable of biting back. Thought it was not one of Simpsons better games but Game 2 of the first round at home is the time to struggle for a game if he needs to.

Reactions: Fastpace and Geff

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Agreed kinda reminds me of our last Memorial Cup winning year when Owen Sound won 2 games in the first round. Some folks still say “Owen Sound” threw one hell of a scare into us ……. Not even close. Sorry LDN but Flint still has a lot of work to do to say they can hang with us IMO? For sure though proved you can’t sleep on them or they are capable of biting back. Thought it was not one of Simpsons better games but Game 2 of the first round at home is the time to struggle for a game if he needs to.
Owen Sound won those two games due to off ice issues that wore heavy on the Knights. Not diminishing OS in that series but there were extenuating circumstances.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Not sure if folks believe in the “clutch” factor here but Simpson always seems better when there are high leverage situations.

Reactions: zman77

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Not sure if folks believe in the “clutch” factor here but Simpson always seems better when there are high leverage situations.

Personally I shudder whenever he opposition shoots the puck off the glass or backboards behind the Knights net. Playing the puck in those situations is NOT Simpson's strength, and usually results in chaos in the crease area, or a scoring chance for the opposition. Maybe I've been spoiled but this wasn't an area of concern with previous tenders. they played those rebounds with authority, and usually smothered the puck, or cleared it to one of their d-men.
Sooner or later, an opposing coach will pick up on this tendency, and exploit it to their advantage. I'm actually surprised that the goaltending coach hasn't addressed this issue and worked to correct it in practice. Maybe if the Bud had squarer corners ???

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Like I’ve been saying, tips from the point or even traffic in front is a weakness for Simpson. It will come to haunt us at some point in these playoffs unless we get better blocking from the people covering the point or Simpson can read those point shot and rebounds off the boards better

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
Personally I shudder whenever he opposition shoots the puck off the glass or backboards behind the Knights net. Playing the puck in those situations is NOT Simpson's strength, and usually results in chaos in the crease area, or a scoring chance for the opposition. Maybe I've been spoiled but this wasn't an area of concern with previous tenders. they played those rebounds with authority, and usually smothered the puck, or cleared it to one of their d-men.
Sooner or later, an opposing coach will pick up on this tendency, and exploit it to their advantage. I'm actually surprised that the goaltending coach hasn't addressed this issue and worked to correct it in practice. Maybe if the Bud had squarer corners ???
Are you joking Simpson is 10 times better than Bowen was last year. Brett was the best at puck handling.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Like I’ve been saying, tips from the point or even traffic in front is a weakness for Simpson. It will come to haunt us at some point in these playoffs unless we get better blocking from the people covering the point or Simpson can read those point shot and rebounds off the boards better
The first two went off Knight players skates. Don't think any goalie stops those. Third off a terrible give away by Knights D man and a nice finish by Peer. Fourth was maybe a weak goal but again may have been tipped by Knight's D man before deflected by Flint. Knights PK was not its best yesterday - front of the net needs to be cleared out and forwards need to get serious about blocking shots.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Does Goyette or Romani automatically get MOP?

Attachments

• IMG_9052.jpeg
    IMG_9052.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Fastpace

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Gazizov has now been ruled out for rest of the round.
Being very cautious with this. The thought is he might be ready at some point in round 2 or start of conf finals should we make it.

Reactions: Geff

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Like I said before, I don’t think they need Gazizov this round anyways, but we will need more depth scoring in the next rounds if we get there.

Gosh I looove the McCue - Lawrence - Sim line. I’ve wanted that line all year and they finally got put together. They will run right through the opposing team and finish every check and they will also score. So nasty to play against!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad