London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London is set for the long playoffs again this spring.

I finished watching yesterday's game, our face offs were excellent, notably Lawrence was better than good. Missing Gazizov and Sim was big, with the 3-0 win, it shows how deep this team is up front, goaltenders and defenders according to numbers are the league's best. Would have been nice entering the after season with 3 pairs of experienced Ds, leaving our young developers in progress Brzustewitcz and Woolley come in the odd shifts.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Great regular Season performance by this team.
Had to use all 68 games to earn that top seed!

Looking forward to seeing them bring that same compete to the playoffs. If they have another level still… this could be a heck of a playoff run.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Does anyone know if there's a free livestream for the OHL Cup? London Jr Knights vs Toronto Marlies, tonight 7:15pm.
Please share.
And if any1 gets a chance to stop by for a few games its well worth the tic price. Top 16 is usually very good.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Does anyone know if there's a free livestream for the OHL Cup? London Jr Knights vs Toronto Marlies, tonight 7:15pm.
I found these for London area, you may have to go on one of these locations to get more infos, I am in Northern Quebec, I am on a different private source here ;

LIVEBARN
sport

Collins Clothiers Rink​

sport

HanStone Quartz​

sport

London Major Appliances​

sport

Tony's Rink​

Last edited:

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
I think Alec Leonard has to be the most improved player this season
I disagree....I think he was underappreciated last year. Got lost amongst the other big names. Julien and Gaz take that honor. But....I have always seen the potential for Gaz, I just think the puck started to find the net better for him this year. As for Julien I never saw the hype everyone else did and I gotta say I see it now. He's one heck of a player. I was wayyy wrong about that kid....he has come along nicely.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I disagree....I think he was underappreciated last year. Got lost amongst the other big names. Julien and Gaz take that honor. But....I have always seen the potential for Gaz, I just think the puck started to find the net better for him this year. As for Julien I never saw the hype everyone else did and I gotta say I see it now. He's one heck of a player. I was wayyy wrong about that kid....he has come along nicely.
By your very own words, sounds like he's underappreciated again this year. Why is all goalscorers gets all the credits in hockey?

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
Predictions for Round 1 Western Conference

London vs Flint: I can't see Flint winning 1 game in this series. London 4-0
Saginaw vs Owen Sound: Owen Sound is a tricky team but Saginaw loses 1 game Saginaw 4-1
Sault vs Guelph: Sault too strong for Guelph but Guelph gets 1 Sault 4-1
Kitchener vs Erie: l like Erie's size and speed. Erie 4-3

What do you guys think?

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Predictions for Round 1 Western Conference

London vs Flint: I can't see Flint winning 1 game in this series. London 4-0
Saginaw vs Owen Sound: Owen Sound is a tricky team but Saginaw loses 1 game Saginaw 4-1
Sault vs Guelph: Sault too strong for Guelph but Guelph gets 1 Sault 4-1
Kitchener vs Erie: l like Erie's size and speed. Erie 4-3

What do you guys think?
-I agree about Erie's speed, Kitchener are strong at home and having home advantage you'd have to give them the series

-Soo will go through Guelph, as you say they may need 5 games

-London over Flint, Flint do have speed as well and have played London hard all year, London experience will prevail in 4 games

-Saginaw could be in for a series against Owen Sound, I know I know, Owen Sound(?). The Attack are not built for season play, they are built for playoffs, they have offence, good offence Barlow - Goure - Burroughs - Guidon, and Max McCue's brother Sam (23 goals) - Servac Petrovski, then on Ds they have Sam Sedley and the other Ptetrovski (James), and if they get goalie Carter George in his groove, look out Spirit you could be in for a surprise. No doubt, Saginaw is the better and stronger team, so was windsor last year against Kitchener, don't get behind a hot Attack team in a playoff game. We talked about London not starting games from puck drop, Saginaw have been worse than London Knights in their game starts themselves. Saginaw in 6 or 7 most likely, but if Attack gets wind in their sails, look out, they are built for playoffs hockey and could be the Kitchener playoffs team of the last two years
IMHO

Reactions: zman77

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Just a random thought on MacKinnon, I know they announced he was out with injury for the year and stuff. But my random thought was, are they keeping him with the team because come playoffs the OA rule goes away or something? Taking the NHL Knights approach to LTIR and circumventing the "Cap".

I highly doubt that is actually how it would work and they keep him around because he's a great locker room guy and sucks he lost his final Jr. season. But would be funny to watch other fan bases explode if the Knights were allowed to dress 4 OA's lol.
Not even Mark Hunter can cheat well enough to make this a reality! 😉

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hoping for the best from the Knights these next two months. This is the most well rounded Knights team since 2015-16. Stay healthy and disciplined.

Wifi

Sep 21, 2023
Who’s in the 20 range in the ohl draft?
From the lists I've seen,
Forwards
Caleb Malhotra
Logan Howery
Gage Brandon
Beckham Edwards
Maximus Crete
Defense
Colin Fitzgerald
Sam Wathier
Carter Hicks
Eric Frossard

Just some potentials. Beckham Edwards is the one I have my eye on. Similar situation to William Moore last year, is a highly rated prospect but has committed to USHL for next year, Except he is from London. If he falls to London's pick and they risk it on him, I have a hard time believing a kid from London doesn't show up to camp.

Reactions: LDN and TheCoach

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
From the lists I've seen,
Forwards
Caleb Malhotra
Logan Howery
Gage Brandon
Beckham Edwards
Maximus Crete
Defense
Colin Fitzgerald
Sam Wathier
Carter Hicks
Eric Frossard

Just some potentials. Beckham Edwards is the one I have my eye on. Similar situation to William Moore last year, is a highly rated prospect but has committed to USHL for next year, Except he is from London. If he falls to London's pick and they risk it on him, I have a hard time believing a kid from London doesn't show up to camp.
Kid from London sounds good, but Crete would also be a good fit. I feel like a lot of those forwards sound great! Where does our comp 2nd end up? Could we grab two “first round” talents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad