London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Would love for SSM to beat Saginaw so London can give most of the work load today to the 3rd and 4th line guys but Saginaw is up 3-0 with 8 min left in the 1st. Soo player Carlisle was just tossed receiving a 5 and a game for cross checking.

Edit; now 4-0

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Sault team is icing their B squad today and are down 4-0. All up to the Knights who will be without Sim and Gazizov. Time to step up fellas.

Reactions: LDN

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I just hope the game goes into overtime. I would love to see a Kitchener/Guelph first round with a London/Kitchener second round.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Now, Guelph is going to start opening up their offence, they don't want to get too far behind London, leaving their trap game open and making it easier for London Offence to move in

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London may win against Guelph Storm, but will always lose against any of the homer referees from Guelph

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Do the referees have to make it that obvious against Sawyer Bolton and the Knights? What a crock of shit! Kid gets high sticked and Stevie Wonder could have called the 4 minute call and then he gets a boarding call and Guelph gets away with a cross check. I get it they don’t like the kid but don’t make it so f***ing obvious!

Reactions: Fastpace

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Do the referees have to make it that obvious against Sawyer Bolton and the Knights? What a crock of shit! Kid gets high sticked and Stevie Wonder could have called the 4 minute call and then he gets a boarding call and Guelph gets away with a cross check. I get it they don’t like the kid but don’t make it so f***ing obvious!
Like it or not, Sawyer has done nothing to get the benefit of the doubt this year. High stick call was definitely missed, but that was a boarding or check from behind call all day. He has to also not make it so easy for the refs to put him in the box.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
At least the ref whinning is consistent on every teams site lol. Tells me it's not as uneven or biased as some want to believe and use as a crutch.
Is what it is n they aren't great, but rarely decide games. But are an easy whinning point I guess.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Like it or not, Sawyer has done nothing to get the benefit of the doubt this year. High stick call was definitely missed, but that was a boarding or check from behind call all day. He has to also not make it so easy for the refs to put him in the box.
I do agree with this but did you not see the guy he hit do the exact same thing one second prior.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
WHAMMO!!!! Hamilton Spectator Trophy! 50 wins!
We're number one!...we're number one...and in almost every category.
1st overall; 1st GF; 1st GA; 1st PP; 1st SH; most 20 goal scorers (???? I think, with 9 players); even 1st in Penalty Minutes (the latter is no boast).
Cowan extends streak.
Simpson with the SO, #4.
Did you see what Hunter did with just under 7 min. to go in the 3rd and up 2-0? Our 4th line was out against the other team's top line with a faceoff in our own zone. He calls a timeout...smart move. I've been mentioning this maybe once, twice, or ten times this season as being a legitimate concern. And, Hunter's timeout shows that he shares my concern. Other than that, I have no concerns. I love this team! Checks all the important boxes.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't view the officiating as biased. Some are not very good but that isn't the same as biased.
I don't think they are consciously bias, I just think for the majority of them that live in and around Guelph, have families and friends to answers to when they go home

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
At least the Refs are consistent.....I mean c

I do agree with this but did you not see the guy he hit do the exact same thing one second prior.
Exactly my point. I get the penalty but hoe the f**k do four of them miss the high stick if they are filling the puck ffs! It wasn’t a good no call for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad