London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Balance attack. Each line has a gritty/hard nosed player

D looks well balanced also. Let’s give them our best shot!

Hope the boys play them physical and don’t give them anything easy.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London did not play their best game of the series, Sarnia outplayed the Knights tonight, but Brochu outplayed Gaudreau by a mile. He was trully unbelievable, resulting to London taking a 1-0 series lead

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Excellent start to the series. Still would like to see more discipline, taking too many penalties. Brochu was solid, got a little help from Bonk. Dickinson such poise for a 16 yr old rookie. His PP goal was a beaut. Sting had a dominant first period but our stingy D held them at bay.

Hedon rating:
10/10

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Excellent game! Next game they need to stay disciplined! Also need to expect sarnia to come flying out of the gate in game 2

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

This is cute …. Gotta blame the refs

Not blaming the refs lol. Calling them out for horrific consistency. How many times did guy take swings at each other after whistles & SAR got called both times. When do you ever see only a dive called? If your gonna call it once you best be consistent with it & they weren't.

Your 1 call early (can't remember which 1) was soft. They missed a hook by Del Mastro early as well.

Reactions: LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
bitching about refs is truly sad. boo the refs during the game, thats expected. but after the game... naw.

Do a Mike MacKenzie, get your coach to whine about refs in media.

Either play through the game as its called or dont bother leaving the dressing room. geez....

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Not blaming the refs lol. Calling them out for horrific consistency. How many times did guy take swings at each other after whistles & SAR got called both times. When do you ever see only a dive called? If your gonna call it once you best be consistent with it & they weren't.

Your 1 call early (can't remember which 1) was soft. They missed a hook by Del Mastro early as well.
In the first period Gaudreau slashed a Knights player after the whistle, no call. Anderson took a swipe at a Knights player as he was skating off...also no call. Sting pushed the envelope and got burned.

First key to tonight's victory was coaching. Knights were outplayed badly in the first, Then on top of that they get scored on with 21 seconds left AND to top it all off they start the second shorthanded. They had to be demoralized. Great job on the coaching staff to regroup the team and getting them to focus.

Second key to victory was Brochu... WOW... he took things up to another level. What an amazing performance.

WHAMMO!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

This is cute …. Gotta blame the refs

Ya lol. Ref whinning after a 4-1 adv in the 1st and an adv. in the game overall???????? Both teams took shots.
Sting players were looking for help, trying to get calls.........that speaks volumes to me.
Play thru it. The better team won tonight. Sarnias best players gotta step up 5 on 5.

Last edited:
It felt so good to be back in my seats last night. I was reserved to the fact I would be missing the entire playoff run this year as I didn't think they would get this far. A special shout out to

@rve24 @dmead @Rubbers29 and @Knighthawk for dropping by for a hello.

I probably shouldn't be walking on the foot...in fact I know I shouldn't...but I'm not missing the boys in the Conference Finals for anything

Ya lol. Ref whinning after a 4-1 adv in the 1st and an adv. in the game overall???????? Both teams took shots.
Sting players were looking for help, trying to get calls.........that speaks volumes to me.
Play thru it. The better team won tonight. Sarnias best players gotta step up 5 on 5.
Sarnia's best player was the post behind Gaudreau

Harley49

Nov 13, 2019
On The Glass
Great start to series…. Knights didn’t look good in the first period…. I thought maybe they had read all the newspaper articles about the Sting being the better team with superior talent…. nope they are beatable… the boys finally played like we know they can after their first goal and showed the Sting what they can expect in the upcoming games ….London has to stay away from the after whistle activities …the referee’s are what that are …... missed calls on both sides …. Brochu was our best player last night …. looking forward to Sunday …..

Great start to series…. Knights didn’t look good in the first period…. I thought maybe they had read all the newspaper articles about the Sting being the better team with superior talent…. nope they are beatable… the boys finally played like we know they can after their first goal and showed the Sting what they can expect in the upcoming games ….London has to stay away from the after whistle activities …the referee’s are what that are …... missed calls on both sides …. Brochu was our best player last night …. looking forward to Sunday …..

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad