London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Actually North Bay have that full home advantage now, they finished with 99 points to London 92, even Barries with 93 pts would have home advantage over London or Sarnia(91pts)
Do the division winners come into play in the final? Because in that case, London would have advantage over Barrie.

Reactions: TheCoach

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Actually North Bay have that full home advantage now, they finished with 99 points to London 92, even Barries with 93 pts would have home advantage over London or Sarnia(91pts)
This...

Doesn't matter if you win your division. In the finals it's based on points. Which is why you don't rest players when you still have the opportunity to pass teams in the other conference. You never know what's going to happen. I wouldn't want to face Barrie if they have home ice.

Do the division winners come into play in the final? Because in that case, London would have advantage over Barrie.
No

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This...

Doesn't matter if you win your division. In the finals it's based on points. Which is why you don't rest players when you still have the opportunity to pass teams in the other conference. You never know what's going to happen. I wouldn't want to face Barrie if they have home ice.

No
I can't disagree with you as I can only state my long meaningless life experience around hockey.

Regular season points means nothing, in playoffs as you can't bring them with you. I'd rather have a well rested team playing an away playoff game than having a tired team playing at home in a brand new season winner takes all series. Just need to know how to play a tired home team in their barn , regular season points does not guaranty home team wins. That's only me speaking with little meaningless life experience of hockey, as I don't know these kids I don'd speak with them on a daily basis I am not around them at all. I am only speculating like everone elses as we all know playoffs hockey can be full of surprises, even at home. Cheers!

Reactions: zman77

Otto

I can't disagree with you as I can only state my long meaningless life experience around hockey.

Regular season points means nothing, in playoffs as you can't bring them with you. I'd rather have a well rested team playing an away playoff game than having a tired team playing at home in a brand new season winner takes all series. Just need to know how to play a tired home team in their barn , regular season points does not guaranty home team wins. That's only me speaking with little meaningless life experience of hockey, as I don't know these kids I don'd speak with them on a daily basis I am not around them at all. I am only speculating like everone elses as we all know playoffs hockey can be full of surprises, even at home. Cheers!
The time to rest was after the regular season and before the playoffs. That was plenty of time. Then they got a lot of rest between rounds 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. Giving them a few days off at the end of the regular season isn't going to give them some kind of magic superboost in late April/Early May.

Reactions: Hendy and rve24

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
…. Thanks for the correction on my last statement, hoping the Petes can come out the east then!

Go Knights!

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
…. Thanks for the correction on my last statement, hoping the Petes can come out the east then!

Go Knights!
Careful what you wish for! Yes, we would have home ice , but that's the toughest team for the Western Conference Champs to face, IMHO. Lots of experience on that team.

Reactions: Blairwitch58

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Careful what you wish for! Yes, we would have home ice , but that's the toughest team for the Western Conference Champs to face, IMHO. Lots of experience on that team.
The Petes made a lot of additions at the deadline and really struggled after, but those moves have obviously come together at the right time and are really looking like the team people thought they would be.

I think you could make a case for any of the remaining teams to win the O this year, no weak links remaining.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The time to rest was after the regular season and before the playoffs. That was plenty of time. Then they got a lot of rest between rounds 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. Giving them a few days off at the end of the regular season isn't going to give them some kind of magic superboost in late April/Early May.
I don't believe we are speaking of the same kind of rest, I think you mean physical rest while I am speaking of mental rest where they can walk away from the game and practices for a couple days or three. But that's fair enough any kind of break at this time is good. Enjoy the end of this year series and possibly a birth at the big "M" Cup tourney . Cheers !

Reactions: Maxxim1 and zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

I was thinking the same. Finish early series off early n you get just as much rest if not more than the last weekend of the season.
I do agree with managing your bench n players time allotment if in game situations allow for it.

I get Fadtpace thinking now after reading but it's hard for kids to turn the pumpkin off also. Who knows. There is never 1 perfect clay to approach it. Each team and player is a unique situation.

Is it Friday yet?

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
"Relax" :laugh:

I stand by my comments. it's a Mickey Mouse way of doing things. Doesn't matter the size of the arena. Tampa started doing something similar years ago restricting ticket purchases to playoff games to people in their area. It's a bad look on the city, shows they are not interested in tourism. (out of town fans are more likely to hit up local establishments pre-game), not to mention it's a kick in the face to locals who have mobility issues.
I'm pretty sure Oshawa had a similar policy in place when they played Erie in the finals. I can't think of another reason I drove through Toronto to buy tickets at the box office. Which is wierd - not many people would come from Erie.

Otto

Uh oh 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_164243_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_164243_Twitter.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: zman77

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
If your betting..Petes/Sarnia is your final. Team balance, Brochu,deep defence is London's strength. This will be an entertaining series to be at. Enjoy.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Finally got through this morning to the box office and snagged 2 tickets for my wife and my father in law to go to the game on Tuesday. What a gong show that was this morning. Trying to get tickets online was useless as youre waiting in the que forever (342nd in line) only to be taken to a page where you cannot buy tickets. Was pulling double duty trying online and calling the box office that seemed to direct you everywhere else but the ticket office or would take you to a generic voice-mail. Then all of a sudden a human voice emerged....I was in shock ar first but for $85.85 I secured two general admission tickets. That was alot of fun.

Go Knights Gooooo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad