London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
62099C5E-0E3C-45A2-9E5F-272BBA9C2FB0.jpeg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I'm kinda hoping that Sarnia mayor Mike Bradley puts in an appearance at Bud Gardens to take in a game. He'd be a great candidate for that celebrity look-alike feature they run on the scoreboard. As he has aged, he has taken a remarkable resemblance to Trump supporter Steve Bannon.
Who's TrumP?

• Haha
Reactions: zman77

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Question for Knight fans regarding the Knights main camp. Do the Knights have a large number of players still when they hold this camp? I thought I read once they still did this recently. Just wondering because the Rangers seemed to have pared their camp down in recent years.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Question for Knight fans regarding the Knights main camp. Do the Knights have a large number of players still when they hold this camp? I thought I read once they still did this recently. Just wondering because the Rangers seemed to have pared their camp down in recent years.

Not nearly as big as it used to be, but they do bring a good #.

Reactions: LDN and zman77

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Does anyone here know where people with General Admission tickets can go and stand in Sarnia?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Does anyone here know where people with General Admission tickets can go and stand in Sarnia?
Anywhere on the concourse from the rail back, excluding in front of the restaurant. I’d imagine standing room will end up going at least 2 people deep. Be early.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
All their teams and players are out for the season. Mailloux seem to be their only real prospect left, all their heads turns on him now. Watch for Montreal media put the magnify keyboard typing on this guy now. They have got nobody else to write about now

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I am forking over $20 to watch this series online... I expect to be entertained.
If I end up doing paperwork on a Friday night instead, I will be lodging a complaint. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
One key will be can LK keep their PP executing efficiently. Sarnia has a good PK. It'll be interesting to watch the ST battle.
On the flip side LK PK has a knack for creating opportunities with turnovers and flying the zone to create odd man rushes, including activating D.
Adjustments in game and game to game will be key for both sides.
I still feel Sarnia is a fav. here but it's why they play em out.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What London is good at is their constance speed on their opponents, what London is really bad at is their relaxing when playing with a lead and when their opponents start to push back. Lead or no lead London must keep the intensity level high and be conscientious not to allow their opponent any hope or a momentum switch for future game(s) in the series. This one is not going to be easy. Enjoy and Cheers!

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011

The thing that has impressed me most about Mailloux in these playoffs is his improvement on defense. You can't argue the success he had offensively during the regular season, but his defense was suspect and at times very disappointing. While not all the way there just yet, I feel like his D has improved substantially, and he's really starting to use his big body to his advantage.

...and I can't talk about defense without giving a shout out to MacKinnon. All the Knights have tightened up defensively, buy none more so than Ethan. He's been a work horse these playoffs, especially since Edward went down. A month ago, I would've expected him to be dealt in the off-season, but now, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Knights hang on to him.....he has earned it!

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Supposing the Knights lose this series, anyone disappointed in the season? What if they get swept?
Good question Otto. I posted weeks ago at seasons open I expected a 6 seed regular season so all this is gravy.

That said being said, getting swept would cause me some angst. The Knights are capable of more than that.

But no. No disappointment here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otto

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Supposing the Knights lose this series, anyone disappointed in the season? What if they get swept?
In a vacuum, it’s successful. But if they don’t make a serious attempt at a cup run in 23/24 or 24/25, I feel like we’d ask why they didn’t go harder for it in 22/23.

Reactions: Otto

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011

I don't think we could ask for any more!

The Hunters have potentially given this team a chance to compete for the Mem Cup this season (I think their chances are as good as any of the 4 teams remaining), while giving up very little and without jeopardizing our chances at being just as competitive again next season!

Not sure how anyone could be disappointed, especially when most of us considered this season to be a rebuild year!!!

A+

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think we could ask for any more!

The Hunters have potentially given this team a chance to compete for the Mem Cup this season (I think their chances are as good as any of the 4 teams remaining), while giving up very little and without jeopardizing our chances at being just as competitive again next season!

Not sure how anyone could be disappointed, especially when most of us considered this season to be a rebuild year!!!

A+
We have a 3/4 year window

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad