London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
O'Reilly and Julien are already ahead of Testa. Gonna be hard to miss a player that never even showed they were OHL caliber

Excellent trade
I’m with you, virtually trading nothing off the roster to address a known issue is a big “get”. Love the way this Knights put the capital “T” in Team so I’m extra satisfied we didn’t mess with that. Don’t forget these 2 guys just went to a Memorial Cup ……. LAST SEASON! Yes Testa appears to have all this incredible upside but the way Mark can make exceptional 1st rounders appear (Mete and Dickinson for example) this was a trade they had to make. Almost to good to be true imo and next year we will worry about next year. After all Brochu is for sure not back so this is the year. Man if he can get “hot/ hot” like he appears to be doing this could be a fun final half and playoffs!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I have to say however he (Ryan Merkley) was truly a “Knight in Shining Armour” while he was in London. Sad I think if he could have spent his entire OHL career in London with Mark and Dale he would be having a far easier transition to the big leagues. I hope it works out for him he did everything asked of him here plus some!

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Flint might be buyers still and London can’t afford Beck or Wright. Unless they deal their 05’s (not happening).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LDN

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Why semi go for it though?
A few things..
1. This "TEAM" is what is making this team good. Too many moves could upset the dynamic.
2. The West is crazy but most of the other teams that are loading up do not have the core staying together London does..
3. London already and still has the best D and goaltending in the West,,,

I think they feel like the will compete with what they have and will add from a position of value like they just did..

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
To be honest, I just kinda want Shane Wright because of the marketing and how much of a boost it would be to the team. He’s not Connor McDavid and seriously not Connor Bedard, but he could be our Austin Watson or Bo Horvat. Similar style of game for sure.

Plus nationally, who really knows our forward group. Do people really know George Diaco, Sean McGurn, or even Ryan Winterton?? Adding Shane Wright would give us that viable star and give us that attention nation-wide like it did when we had Corey Perry, John Tavares, Mitch Marner etc.

But Mark definitely doesn’t care about those things and I definitely know he’s a better GM than me. Like I’ve said before, this reminds me of 2012 when the Knights won it even it was 2013 was supposed to be their year. We had the goalie and the team chemistry.

Still hurts me to remember losing in OT to Shawinigan :(

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
To be honest, I just kinda want Shane Wright because of the marketing and how much of a boost it would be to the team. He’s not Connor McDavid and seriously not Connor Bedard, but he could be our Austin Watson or Bo Horvat. Similar style of game for sure.

Plus nationally, who really knows our forward group. Do people really know George Diaco, Sean McGurn, or even Ryan Winterton?? Adding Shane Wright would give us that viable star and give us that attention nation-wide like it did when we had Corey Perry, John Tavares, Mitch Marner etc.

But Mark definitely doesn’t care about those things and I definitely know he’s a better GM than me. Like I’ve said before, this reminds me of 2012 when the Knights won it even it was 2013 was supposed to be their year. We had the goalie and the team chemistry.

Still hurts me to remember losing in OT to Shawinigan :(

Someone jsut posted wright was like 20% in the faceoff dot last night.

He’s not a big game player. He’s won on some stacked Canadian and Provincial teams but since the return from the Pandemic, he has not lived up to the hype at all. His WJHC this year has been underwhelming and I was hoping he’d spit in everyone of his detractors eyes including mine. But, he doesn’t seem to have it in him to carry a team.

London trading for Wright would be a massively huge mistake. London has a strong team returning and made a solid move yesterday. They have a solid chance of going deep. It isn’t always about winning a Championship. Sometimes moves are made to give valuable playoff experience to the core group of promising players returning. I think that is the goal in London. Making it to the Conference Finals is probably the goal. Getting further is likely the hope.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Someone jsut posted wright was like 20% in the faceoff dot last night.

He’s not a big game player. He’s won on some stacked Canadian and Provincial teams but since the return from the Pandemic, he has not lived up to the hype at all. His WJHC this year has been underwhelming and I was hoping he’d spit in everyone of his detractors eyes including mine. But, he doesn’t seem to have it in him to carry a team.

London trading for Wright would be a massively huge mistake. London has a strong team returning and made a solid move yesterday. They have a solid chance of going deep. It isn’t always about winning a Championship. Sometimes moves are made to give valuable playoff experience to the core group of promising players returning. I think that is the goal in London. Making it to the Conference Finals is probably the goal. Getting further is likely the hope.
Couldn’t agree more. Shane Wright does I think fit the team structure with solid two-way play and I don’t think he would ruin the chemistry, but for the price to pay to get him, it’s not worth it. I do miss the days of acquiring a star to say to the team, I believe in you guys but I’m sure Dale says that on the daily anyways.

I’d go out and buy a Shane Wright Knights jersey tomorrow if Mark pulled it off though lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: LondonLocal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad